Good Queer/Bi/Etc Female Friendly Places to Go

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ecstasy riot, Mar 1, 2002.

1. ecstasy riot

ecstasy riot TRIBE Member

I was wondering if anyone can recommend any good places to go that aren't
    crazy nightclubs like 5ive, but just a place to maybe dance, have a drink, & meet others in a chill enviornment, but not so much a strictly pick up joint.

Thanks.

2. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

um....the red spot? that's all I know...

Babylon?

Zelda's?

3. ecstasy riot

I like Babylon a lot.

But perhaps something more casual, where the crowd is a bit younger.

4. Klubmasta Will

Klubmasta Will TRIBE Member

5. smile

smile Well-Known Member

my house.

haha!

6. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

Ciao Edie on College near Bathurst.

7. sauce

sauce TRIBE Member

This is a nice little spot, wicked decor good tunes and that 70's room is pretty cool to. Girls there were pretty bitchy when i went though.
    peace
    sauce

8. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Shannon's & Marcia's? :D

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Any catholic church.

10. ecstasy riot

Any other suggestions? Where to go alone, bring a friend?

11. Zer0G

Zer0G Well-Known Member

The Black Eagle.

12. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

Slack Alice

13. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Slack Alice is good, especially if you're female.

But the crowd generally isn't young.

In fact, there really aren't that many 'young' places. I don't think most younger people can afford to go out much in those areas it seems. Babylon is pretty casual... you want more casual than that?

Oh, Crews is good for casual. But it's small and kinda loudish.
    Red Spot is so casual that it's kinda ghetto, and I'm not a big drag queen fan. Zelda's is -ok- but it is more like a restaurant so you don't really meet people there.

I would definitely recommend Wilde Oscars!
    It has a youngish crowd, mixed gender, is not too expense, interesting Victorian decor upstairs... and a great patio (in the summer)

-jM
    A&D

14. ecstasy riot

Well maybe not more casual than Babylon, but it's a place to go with a person or people not neccessarily by yourself, that goes for Wilde Oscar's as well.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

the brunny

16. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

Can't you think of more of a punch line than 'the brunny'?

Anyway. yeah, the girl scene a little sad in Toronto. I'm sure you know of Tango's and Pope Joans' and for actualy women's places that's a pretty much it. Ciao Edie's is very nice, tends to be some pretty hot girls there too, but yeah, they're never that approachable... I wouldn't want to show up there by myself!

Don't go to Slack Alice if you're hoping to meet anybody under 30.

Actually, the last time I was at Tango's--which was way back in December, I'm not on the prowl these days--there were cute girls there and I did have a very good time, and I wasn't hit on by any truck drivin' crew cut dykes either, which is quite an accomplishment!

If you're looking for safe spaces to explore your sexuality/meet girls, I suggest checking out the Bisexual Women of Toronto:
    www.biwot.org

D

Christ, we could probably start our own BIWOT--Bisexual Women of Tribe!

17. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

the peel pub

18. ecstasy riot

Thanks for the offer altho it's not what I'm looking for. Just some fun places to go. & again the biwot is quite focused on older ladies, are you on their mailing list? cos no offence, it's quite boring for someone of 19. :)

19. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm not on their mailing list at all... I suppose I shoudln't suggest things I don't so myself, but I figured if you were still exploring/unsure/etc, it's good to be around an actual group. I'm on the list for the Bi group with LGBTOUT (The U of T queer group), though.

D.

20. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

or since this is Tribe....BTWOT...bi-trendy women of tribe.

21. deep

deep TRIBE Member

Bi Trendy Women Associated with Tribe produces a more appropos acronym

22. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

^^haha..

23. ecstasy riot

Not to sound rude but I'm not exploring/unsure... I was just looking for places to maybe bring a friend along to, or perhaps just go by myself without feeling weird.

I'm actually at U of T too. How is their list?

24. Zer0G

Zer0G Well-Known Member

Who wants to place bets on em, I mean like at what age they will marry a doctor or dentist?

We could start a premtive yuppi pool.

“Well like I used to be “bi” and into the “rave scene* (as she pushes her baby in the $435 designer stroller) but then I met Todd and he drives an expensive Honda.”

“Hey you told me that was a Lexus when we were dating!”

25. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

TANGO!!!!

Tango on Church is too fun! Friday night they play a mix of house and trance.. good tunes! Friday is the girls night.. well it was a while back I haven't been there in a while.. but yeah we went and it was filled with cute girls!! ;) downstairs is chillin and they have drag queen shows it's fun! upstairs is the dj booth and a small dance floor.. we drank vodka spirits and dance the night away! so much fucking fun.

you should check it out

Magda email me ASAP!

we should go out babes :)