1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Good Apartment/Condo sites??

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Bumbaclat, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

Can anybody post good sites for searching for apartments/condos in TO? :)

Thanks,
    Bumbaclat

2. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

3. kamis

kamis TRIBE Member

If you're looking to buy try www.newinhomes.com which has listings for almost all developers in southern Ontario.

For rentals I think www.torontorentals.net has listings.

This is my first post after months of lurking. Yea me!!

4. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

Mr_Furius - you are incorrect! :D

I'm looking downtown.

Every place I've ever rented has been utilities included. how much does everybody pay for utilities per month for a 2 bedroom?

Bumbaclat

5. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

Kamis - thanks for the tips and welcome to the board!

Bumbaclat

6. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

good night and *bump*

7. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

try this, I hear Toledo Oregon is nice this time of year. (T.O.)

Attached Files:

8. sauce

sauce TRIBE Member

Try www.viewit.ca some of Spots are taken but you can see pictures of the apartments. Hope that helps.
    peace
    sauce

9. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

are you looking to rent or buy?

:)sarah

10. dj_dopamine

dj_dopamine TRIBE Member

Bumbaclat
    IF U WANT AN APT I CAN HELP .
    I HAVE A NEW 2 BEDROOM/3BEDROOM
    GIVE ME A LINK
    DEEJAY_DOPAMINE@YAHOO.COM
    2BEDROOM-DUFFERIN/ROGERS-HOUSE-NEWWASHROOM/KIT/FLOORS ETC
    3BEDROOM-14FT CEILING/LOFT TYPE LAYOUT-QUEEN ST
    IN A COMPLEX
    HOPE I CAN HELP U OUT
    ALL 4 APRIL 1ST

11. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

hey mcbee - That's up in the air right now. I know you just bought a condo, how did you find the experience?

Bumbaclat

12. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

I'll e-mail you right now.

Bumbaclat

13. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Completely depends on the type of heating (baseboard electric heat, rads, or central air w/o a/c)

If it's baseboard heating with high ceilings you could easily pay $500/mo in the winter, but without a/c, pay $30/mo in the summer.

14. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

good overall.

its pretty stressful tho...mortage rates are soo low that its definately a good time to invest if you can afford it.

however, in my price range for waht i wanted there was not alot on the market.
    i wanted a one bedroom (not a studio or a bachelor) in downtown for around 160 000$
    thankfully my real estate agent found me the perfect one!

the whole process was pretty smooth due to the fact my real estate agent is also a personal friend and i trusted everything he did for me. he was also able to explain things to me in layman's terms and also refered me to people who were very easy to deal with. ie my mortage broker and my lawyer....both helped me out tremendously!!

so basically having people i trusted and i could ask anything to really helped me out and made the whole process less stressful and not confusing at all!!

and now i'm the proud owner of a condo! (i still can't believe it sometimes!)

i can forward you my friend's name and number if you are interested in a downtown condo (that's his speciality!!)

good luck!

:)sarah