1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

God@Tonic

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Adam Duke, Apr 19, 2001.

1. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

YES, THERE IS A GOD

low and behold, his earthbound name is Dave Clarke.

he gaveth us otherworldly mixing skills and techniques.

he gaveth us raging techno, and behold it was fine.

he gaveth us much electro that tickled us like we had never been tickled.

and to he, we gave much praise.

Amen.

(@m.)
    ...geezus, my body hurts.

2. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

^^^and a mighty roar of praise be to those who summoned him and placed him on a stage for all the people to see and believe.

3. girl friday

girl friday TRIBE Member

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,

WOW, WOW, WOW

Man, right now I am feeling very very very very very sorry for all those that did not make it out to Tonic tonight.

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,

What an absolutely amazing evening.

Adam, never ever stop shakin that ass of yours, you are way too cute [​IMG]

But...you should have stayed for Kenny cause

oh my god, oh my god, oh my god

Kenny has never ever rocked the placed so hard in all the times I've seen him

PLUS...Dave Clark was jumping in on the mixer from time to time while kenny was picking out his records.

HOLY SHIT, this was a fantastic night

Thank you very very much to Most Wanted Entertainment and especially to Rob.

Malia ---> still too pumped up to go to bed

4. chickpea

chickpea TRIBE Member

You two are the cutest - but Adam, you totally should have stayed! I will chant "that was so much fun" over and over again at my desk at 9:30am [​IMG]

5. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

Ahhhh Im gonna freakin cry!!!!

I soooo wanted to catch the man in action but wasn't able to catch a ride in to TO for the night... so instead I went to the last pub night at my college.. Did I mention that at one point they played S Club 7???

Crap why couldn't someone have said something like "Oh those who didn't make it out don't worry, he gained about 250 pounds and his fingers were to pudgy for the mixer, so he blew..."

Well I guess there is nothing else to do but cry myself to sleep... Im glad everyone else enjoyed him so much though [​IMG]

6. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

damn..i should have gone

7. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

aaaaaarrrrrrggggh

8. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

I was going to record it on 100.7, but fell asleep. Did anybody record it by chance?

9. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

^^^^ he he! tommy - youz a sucka. You deserve it, punkass - you CHOSE not to go. Peeps were asking about you everywhere, but NOOOOO, I had to tell them that you had something better to do!

Suke - hope you made it home ok, dude! You were mighty rough by the end of the night!

Girl Friday & Chickpea - as always, the treat was mine to party with YOU! You girls were gettin' jiggy just as much as I was! I saw some asses shakin' on your behalf too...
    You have seen me at my weakest - The Swedes and Dave Clarke seem to have control over my body movements more than I do; I promise not to be kicking it so large on the dancefloor ever again. After all, what kind of self respecting dj type actually dances? Sheesh!

[​IMG] Can you say S-A-R-C-A-S-M?????

tech care,

@m.

(PS: work sucks at 9am after nights like that)

10. girl friday

girl friday TRIBE Member

hehehe, I think I posted how amazing it was in two other threads as well.

I'm still glowing, so happy I'm not at work right now (hardtekfunk, chickpea) [​IMG]

Suke, nice meeting you!

To kf, Adam's partner, I don't really know you but HOW COULD YOU SLEEP THROUGH THIS?

Sorry, I'll stop with the harrassing now [​IMG]

PS, Just had to say that Kenny's remix of that Depeche Mode song was sick. Dream on....dreeeeaaammm onnnnnnnn.

11. DJ Entity

DJ Entity TRIBE Member

: ( : ( : (

~~sigh~~

12. Suke

Suke TRIBE Member

Right now I am listening to an electro-funk breakdown of "Push It" - Salt n Peppa '87. Then this crazy BASSline comes in outta no where. Slowed down then picked back up. Slowed down, then picked back up. Slowed down, then picked back up.

Fuckin' party was hype. Serious techno. As the others can see ... there is a general agreement that the party was hype.

I don't feel like writing much more. I'm listening to :crazy: beats.

I made it home excellent @m ... nothing new [​IMG]. It's all about the balance.

Excellent to see everybody.
    Girl Friday ... sorry I was calling you Maria all night [​IMG]. Chickpea ... you look exactly like your picture [​IMG]

It took me 20 minutes to type this 'cause the beats are slammin' in my crib. Word! to your mother.

'Cause you know we don't play --------------------> Suke.

13. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

That's "Depeche Mode - Dream On (Dave Clarke Remix)

One of the members of Tribe, Swamper. Had the foresight to post it on his website www.tranceaddict.com a few days ago before Dave Clarke even came here. You can still grab it off of there in MP3 form if you would like [​IMG].

14. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

I recorded it allllllllll
    too bad they wouldnt SHUT THE FUCK UP ON THE MICROPHONE!

BOOOOOOOO!

Tyler
    (engine)

15. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

ARGH!!!! THAT TOTALLY SUCKS!!! I can't get it anymore! If I email him privately do you think he might hook me up?

@m. <---desperate, even psychotic Dave Clarke stalker!

16. girl friday

girl friday TRIBE Member

thank you thank you thank you [​IMG]

17. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

If you can't get the tune just message me on ICQ and I will send it to whoever wants it. Its a damn good tune [​IMG]

18. RuffRyda

RuffRyda TRIBE Member

damn!! dave clarke is sick!! i honestly think he is the most technically skilled dj i have ever seen live. his scratching, mixing, overlaying, track selection were flawless and amazing!! also, it wasn't crowded, so there was room to dance without people bumping into one another. overall, great set and a good night.

RR

19. chickpea

chickpea TRIBE Member

Girl Friday & Chickpea - as always, the treat was mine to party with YOU! You girls were gettin' jiggy just as much as I was! I saw some asses shakin' on your behalf too...
    You have seen me at my weakest - The Swedes and Dave Clarke seem to have control over my body movements more than I do; I promise not to be kicking it so large on the dancefloor ever again. After all, what kind of self respecting dj type actually dances? Sheesh!

Adam, don't you be changing a thing...smiles and booty shaking are both excellent [​IMG]

Still in awe from last night,
    Heather

20. Par- T

Par- T TRIBE Member

DAVE F---IN CLARKE RULES!

Holy shit! Oh my god! Funkin' Hell!
    Dave Clarke tried to kill us!
    From the moment he went on, after Peter & Tyrone played their usual quality set as expected, he unleashed track after track of the hardest assed techno.
    The assault did not let up at all, throughout his amazing set - so many killer tracks. Why was he only on for 2 hrs? It went by so quick.
    Cool to see D.C. dancing away to Kenny Glasgow who banged out an equally hard set seamlessly following Dave's example. Nice to see that Kenny was smiling and having fun with a little back and forth between him and Mr. Clarke.
    I just love it after 2am when the socialites clear out leaving plenty of room for those who came for the music to get down and dirty.
    Way too many good tunes, I didn't want it to stop 4am came too soon. Everyone was begging for Kenny to continue.
    I danced my ass off, I hurt yesterday, but it was soooo good.

Cheers to Stormshadow (nice to see you again after such a long time), Hartekfunk, Suke and Susan.

[​IMG] <- me just thinking back

21. Technocratic Girl

Technocratic Girl TRIBE Member

HAha...

Adam + tribe buddies...

Speaking of obsessions!- I was starring @ Dave's shoes on wednesday... During the day they were light green and iridescent forest green nike's, and then when he was djing- they had black and gold/green covers on them, very cool shoes!
    (that's all I have to say about that)

His Djing was AMAZING! I am so glad I made it out! Tommy, you should have come...
    :p
    just joking- I'm sure he'll be back. [​IMG]
    But it was a great night, and I also had to leave early.

So did anyone else notice Dave Clarke's shoes? [​IMG]

-Amanda

22. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Yeah, sure...you were looking at his shoes.... [​IMG]

@m.

23. Technocratic Girl

Technocratic Girl TRIBE Member

I WAZZ!!

and I noticed they changed from the day when he was @ Most Wanted, and when he was djing. But I'm pretty sure they were the same ones!
    [​IMG]

24. girl friday

girl friday TRIBE Member

You are so so right, the best times at Tonic are always had between 2-4.

I think kenny was totally inspired by Dave's set. he's always good but he was amazing the other night.

Dave Clark please please come back [​IMG]

25. dylan

dylan TRIBE Member

i believe his earthbound name is really adam beyer

dylan