god and satan

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by roo, Feb 9, 2002.

1. roo

roo Well-Known Member

so. i figure, that god made us in his image. and his image was imperfect.

and so, instead of dealing with the consequences of his actions by taking full responsibility, he says "satan did that"

therefore, satan doesn't really exist. he's just god's scapegoat.

i think someone else may have thought of this first. but i just thought i'd give it a mention.

2. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

Did god make man in his image or did man make god in his image?

~allie~

3. Guest

Guest Guest

First of all, I don’t think we are created in the image of God, it is we rather that have created God in the image of ourselves. Where else would vengeful, arrogant, punishing Gods come from but our cerebral cortex. See we humans think we are so great that the omnipotent force that binds the process of life must surely be just as interested in what we do as we are. We are so important in fact, all god(s) do is sit there and watch over us to judge us to determine where we will go after life.
    Also, we great humans with our superior intellect have only been able to come up with an adversarial system for problem resolution and being as we always think there can only be one way for anything ei: one god, one proper way to live, ect…we have to set things up in opposition of each other. Hence Satan was created to counter god.
    And instead of taking responsibility for ourselves and our actions, we blame all the bad stuff on Satan!!! And we also can’t take ownership for the good things we do, so there we’ll put in God.

So really, both God(s)(dess) Satan ect… are our scapegoats.

4. didja get a peice of Satan too?

From the Ministry of tied into have sex with God.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

5. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

8 words: Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley.

6. roo

roo Well-Known Member

no.. but i'd imagine, if he showed up.. he'd look something like james dean.