1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

fuck fuck fuck... why do i have to be in halifax when this is happening?

Discussion in 'Winnipeg' started by patio-d, Mar 6, 2002.

1. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

Friday March 15th, 2002 | @ Roxy Blu (12 Brant Street)

CKLN, CHRY & CIUT proudly present

Doin' It
    featuring
    DJ ?UESTLOVE
    of The Roots

DRUMMER FOR THE ROOTS SWITCHES STICKS FOR STYLUS

In the spirit of a back-in-the-day, true-school jam, R.E.M.G. and Hot Stepper Productions present DOIN' IT; a series showcasing some of hip-hop's most prolific producers - those who can also rock a club as well as they rock a beat. The first edition of the series (August 2001) featured legendary beat master Pete Rock. The Chocolate Boy Wonder took the capacity crowd on a journey through his legendary vinyl collection, punctuated with standards he himself produced as well as classic tracks he sampled to make those standards.

To say Ahmir Thompson aka ?uestlove is an instrumental part of the new Philly sound is an understatement. Internationally recognised as the man who lays the beat down for seminal hip-hop crew THE ROOTS, ?uest has also been flexing his skills behind the turntables. An established producer, ?uest will be featured with his own title, later this year, in the BEAT GENERATION CD series (BBE Records). With a weekly DJ night in Philly and having played around the world, he brings his sound to Toronto for his turntable debut, dropping everything from hip-hop to house to soul. If you were at, or heard about, the first edition of DOIN' IT, then you know where everyone will be on March 15th!!

DOIN' IT feat. DJ ?UESTLOVE of THE ROOTS
    with very special guests:
    Mike Tull, P-Plus, Son Of S.O.U.L., Mike K, and Roland Deschamps

Friday March 15th, 2002
    Roxy Blu (12 Brant Street)
    Advance tickets are $15.00 and are available at:
    Play De Record, Rotate This, Vice, Metropolis, Cosmos, Ed's Record World, Shanti Baba and Soundscapes
    19+, Doors @ 10pm, Infoline: 416.760.3332

I read about the AreaOne after party in NYC where the main room (with Oakenfold and Coxy) was empty because the whole place was rammed into the little room to hear ?uest's set.

fuck.

2. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

I'm going :)
    I'll be sure to tell you how good it was Patty-OD :p