Flyer Collections

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mingster, Jan 25, 2002.

1. junglisthead

junglisthead TRIBE Member

best way to keep flyers...........put them in photo albums

2. Ms. Fit

Ms. Fit TRIBE Member

i came home last may from university only to find that my beloved flyer collection -- my most cherished possesion -- was thrown out by my mother. evil, spiteful old woman. she knew how much those stupid flyers meant to me, i think she didn't in silent protest of me raving.

i still haven't forgiven her for that.

3. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

AAhhhhhh Melissa. [​IMG]

Big hugs

I have a flyer for pretty much every party I've been to. Ahh the memories. [​IMG]

If there's one thing that I'd like to say about flyers, it would be tha I HATE the clutter that they bring. I just wish that more people would take an extra minute to either throw it out in a trash can, or don't take one at all. Maybe if we could be a little cleaner, and look at bit more responsible people might be willing to rent out there place to have a party.

end rant
    Dave

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I was there and I have the flyer somewhere.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a drawer filled with flyer from 95-now.

I use to have the walls in my rom almost completely cover with flyers, but I took them all down a few years ago.
    Now I just put up flyers for my own parties and cool looking posters for parties.

I still take flyers when I leave a club/party cause I know what it's like to be out there flyering and have people not take them. I don't keep them though, unless they're exceptionally good.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i have a copy of that flyer... i'll get on that

wrd

7. sugar

sugar TRIBE Member

Weird Flyer Story:

Last summer...
    I walk into my work (Wayne Gretzky's Restaurant) one morning and go behind the service bar to get a coffee. Lo and behold, on the counter behind the bar there is a flyer for Destiny 2 from 1993!

I still can't figure out how this happened. Why was someone carrying around an eight-year-old flyer?

If anyone has a flyer from Pleasure Force "Joker's High" (June 1994), could you please let me know. Somehow I managed to throw out my boxes of flyers and I would really like the one of my first rave.

8. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

have that one two

9. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

I have part of that flyer. I think it was like a little booklet sort of thing, ya? I think I still have the spread inside with the graffiti writing that said "Joker's High" , so if you want that part of it copied (I won't part with it, sorry!) that's the best I can do! [​IMG]
    My e-mail is in my profile if you need to get in touch with me!

10. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

OOops! failed to read that Variant had it... never mind then! You can get the entire thing now! [​IMG]

11. joey

joey TRIBE Member

i have most of the flyers to parties I went to..

then i also have some other cool flyers..

i havent gotten anything new in a year or so though

12. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I find Big Bud's flyer especially look pretty crappy now. It's very simplistic. There's not much to it...

Ming.

13. noahmintz

noahmintz Well-Known Member

I have one ... but I'm not too sure I want to part with it

stu

14. Redout

Redout TRIBE Member

why do flyers have to be all classy and designed too the max nowadays? just cause we have the technology?? I think keepin an ol'school vibe is wikkit.

"I think for me when I was playing there also, I did acouple of the first, big-what was it, Nitrous or some of the other big parties? And I had some really good times with some of them, but then Toronto seemed to just go into the whole ravey-gravey thing, just bigger is better. What we were doing in Detriot at the time was a reaction againest. We were trying to do smaller parties, just black rooms, big sound system, black and white small flyers, just back to the music." - Richie Hawtin

Redout

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think their flyers ever looked good, but it's worked for them so...

and what the hell is up with their logo. What is that thing?

16. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

I have two gigantic rubbermaid containers full of flyers from 1993 to the present. Back in the day I was such an idiot, I used to grab stacks of the same flyer and just keep them and sometimes cut tape J-cards out of them. Now that I have flyers coming out of my ears and very little storage space, I usually just pick up two of each, one front and one back in case I ever put them up on my walls...

Before I moved out and got married I used flyers as wallpaper. Every inch of my bedrooms in the last two houses I lived in were covered with flyers from all over.

I also have that Perfect Beat flyer book plus a British one that similar, only for club flyers.

17. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

bored so i feel like posting some of my faves that i have lying around down here

[​IMG]

front

[​IMG]

back

nice ink drawing, complimented with nice translucent paper (kinda like wax paper but with no waxiness) and the green&gold sticker on the front, showing balance on the back when flyer is turned over.

one of my faves from last year.

p[l]a+0