Flyer Collections

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mingster, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

I have a huge box of flyers still but haven't kept anything in the last two years. I'm in the process of weeding out all the junk flyers and am going to keep only the ones for parties I attended. My only problem is remembering which ones I went to. I used to go every weekend and much of that time was spent in a drug induced haze so its going to be a difficult process.

2. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i keep them
    i find them to be a good source for creative endeavours.
    and much cheaper than those lame "creative source" books.
    the books suck anyways, crappy pictures that dont inspire me at all...

p[l]a+0

3. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Don't gimme no lip!

4. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

I also keep them for inspiration and the ARE cheaper than books... but I really like my book! It gives me access to flyers that we don't see up here and it makes me want to be a better designer...
    ahhh.. one day.....

5. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

HEY! it's not lip! I just think you thought the book had ALL the flyers in it, I just was just clarifying!!!
    What time you off work, woman? I can meet you anytime, I'm done class...

6. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I have a box of them at my parents house. I never take flyers anymore (It annoys the flyer monkeys to no end). The Upcoming Events Forum is my enviromentally friendly flyer [​IMG]
    I've seen the flyer from my first party, but the guy who had it wouldnt part with it. Anyone by chance have the Hulla1yr (Hulla6) flyer?

7. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

This is also what stopped me. It really bothered me to see flyers all over my car after parties and the flyer boys started bothering me just cause I was always annoyed when leaving clubs, to be bombarded by them. So I just started looking at flyers as junk.

Ming.

Nallie: call me.

8. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

I have one of those.

9. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

hmmm... I don't think you would GIVE it to me, but I guess the next best thing would be to get a copy of it somehow?????? Any kind, photocopy, whatever! I just need one! I'm leaving the computer now, could you e-mail me about this? PLEASE???! [​IMG]
    thank you! [​IMG]

10. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I have boxes and boxes of flyers. Going back ten years now I guess. I don't collect much anymore but I still have a lot of older flyers. I don't know why but I can't seem to get rid of them.

jeremy -I was thinking about this the other day- jive

11. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

He's gonna need your e-mail address, doodledummy... [​IMG]

E-mail me if you want instead.

Ming.

12. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

one of my friends always picks on me because i collect flyers all the time... guess i'm one of the few that still does.. get em and they all go into a huge box

13. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

I still have all my flyers... well most of em' and I still collect them as well. It serves a few purposes: I get to see whats going on in the city for the enxt few weeks. Some of the flyers are really well designed and are usefull for ideas. If you've ever handed out flyers you know that the job is a lot more satisfying when people actually take them rather then give you shit for standing in the cold -so now I always take them and smile. [​IMG]

Peace & love. D

14. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

I never take flyers anymore unless they are designed well. I usually know what is happening so I don't need to waste the paper!

15. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

^ if they're printed then the papers already wasted -so to speak.

16. Cheap Ego

Cheap Ego TRIBE Member

actually I think his reasoning is more about lowering the future demand of unwanted flyers.

17. DJAlchemy

DJAlchemy TRIBE Promoter

I know what he means, but really not taking a flyer it neither helps nor pollutes the environment. If you were to take the flyer and immediately throw it on the ground THEN you're going to hell but otherwsie...

as for lowering the demand... Promoters are always going to print more then they need becasue the the price difference between 2000 & 4000 flyers is not all that much.

Peace & love. D

18. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

i have a flyer for just about every single party I've been to over the last 5+ years (including club nights that I have ventured out to for a specific dj). I can remember a lot of stuff about every single event I went to that way...it's a lot of fond memories I enjoy reliving!

Now that I'm djing more, I have started another collection of every flyer that I'm on. That collection, i KNOW i have every one of.

One day I'm sure i'll organize them all.

@m.

19. jungalicious

jungalicious TRIBE Member

Well since @m so wonderfully pointed out my guffaw, i'll post it again....

My roomate has a huge (3000+) flyer collection from all over North America.
    I know she is always looking for more older Toronto area flyers so if you
    are looking to get rid of yours you should send her an email...
    she has even been known to pay for really special flyers!
    Her email is _loki_one@excite.com

Cheers

Kevin
    ~full of bod mod goodness~

*waiting for the ribbing that Tribe is so greatly known for* [​IMG]

20. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

*poke, poke*

@m.

21. CC

CC TRIBE Member

i still have almost all my flyers. i at least kept all the ones for parties i went to.

and once i start making some cash i'm going to be making a poster with all the vital flyers on it from 2001.

ah the memories....

CC

22. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

yeah...i keep them all now,although flyer art isnt as great anymore...it is more simplistic now...but I have all form 98-current

23. xtollo

xtollo TRIBE Member

I have a nice big sliding closet door that I decorate with a flyer collage. It's a party. Once a year I rip em all down and start a new closet display. I wouldn't really say flyer art has become more simplistic but less tacky. heh You can quote me on that.

Jon

24. twitch

twitch TRIBE Member

I have 3 boxes of flyers from 95 to present. I used to pick up every flyer that I could (not the really bad ones) and recently I just pick up the ones I like.
    I used to have them on my wall till I filled all the walls up and then moved.. now I only have the flyers/posters of the parties I've played at.
    Rave flyers and well the 2 drawers of electronica magazines I've collected over the years have been a huge influence on me. I really think just like the music rave(electronica) advertising has totally gone mainstream. Look at the Bell Wireless ads lately.. they do have ravey looks to them.

25. PinkAngeL

PinkAngeL TRIBE Member

I keep the flyers to the parties I went to and put my party pics with them.