1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Favourite types of Trance

Discussion in 'Trance Room' started by Chiclet, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

My absolute fav right now is Hard German Trance... some melodic, some dark, some lined with 303s, some with tasteful vocals...

Mmmmmmmmmm!

I especially love tracks with a bit of an 80s feel.

Labels like Dos or Die, Tunnel, Drizzly, Red Alert, DMD, etc...

Laid-back progressive Trance is my bag too [​IMG]

What are your faves?

2. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I'm still down with the groovy tech driven trance sound a la Nick Sentience.

I'm leaning towards more dancefloor friendly sounds in my sets these days, throwing in some techy breaks and even some zoney house.

3. Kid Epic

Kid Epic TRIBE Member

I like Chiclet trance.

I aspire to be as good a dj, as meticulous a deck technician and as much a womanizer.

=:0)

4. Chiclet

Chiclet TRIBE Promoter

^^^ Thanh you biatch! Call me! [​IMG]

5. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

My fav is, and always will be Goa, but Chiclet trance and Kid Epic trance both kick lots of bum.

6. Kid Epic

Kid Epic TRIBE Member

^^^ Stan you biatch! Call me! [​IMG]

7. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

Trance sucks ass.

8. K_la

K_la TRIBE Member

I like that stuff they play on 103.5, Kid epic seems to play the same stuff, so i guess i like tuna trance

9. Kid Epic

Kid Epic TRIBE Member

Let's go bowling New Brunswick style.

hehe

10. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

Epic of course!! [​IMG]

...but honestly..i like pretty much like most types of trance...it mostly depends on what mood im in at the moment...but epic certainly has to be my fave...yumm...

-Chris

11. CO2

CO2 TRIBE Member

^^^I speka i good canada...

-Chris

12. toosweet

toosweet TRIBE Member

hmm... depends on the mood i'm in.

uplifting/hard-uplifting during primetime at a party, melodic in the morning, progressive when i'm chillin and the dark stuff when i'm ready for it :p

chiclet's set kikked my ass at "tao" (i think it was that party). and so did the set she threw at tropicana.. she opened with BBE - Flash. SHAWEET!!!

still haven't heard a live set from Kid Epic since Tantrum: Sounds of Madness. I see him chillin @ numb... but no spinning, dammit!!! :p it's coo... nxt oppurtunity Hyperflow 03: Dynamic Force

voytek (AT-AT) knows how to throw it down wikkid crazy too. I still gotta send you those pix from iDance... sorry, i'm lazy :p

toronto's trance scene is wikkid

Numb's "Treat of the Month" ... hahaha... check the pic there

peace

aj

13. Stan

Stan TRIBE Member

Kid Epic used to spin all the time at Solid Sounds. Unfortunately they closed down. [​IMG]

14. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

Kid Epic had his moments.. Kardio seemed to never dissapoint though.. too bad he isn't around more.

Nothing beats that first Solid Sounds party where St. Pete threw down one of the best uplifting sets i ever heard.

Can't stand the uplifting cheese being produced right now though.. favorite style? has to be psytrance or uplifting goa (rare).

15. DarkRave

DarkRave TRIBE Member

Morning Trance: Yahel
    Epic Trance: i.e., In trance we trust vol.03 DJ Lars Holte
    Goa/Psy Trance: nuff said this currently driving me insane! [​IMG]

luv and laffs,

pen

16. raaven

raaven TRIBE Member

i'd have to go with anything released under the drizzly label or any sub-labels! esp. AxWax *drool*

and stuff off of toast, well wicked and wasa-b and i'll always have a soft spot for stuff of off xtravaganza

17. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

I like all types of trance but I'd hafta go with hard epic, nuthin does for me like some good epic trance these days [​IMG]

Laters
    Louie

18. Sleepy Giant

Sleepy Giant TRIBE Member

Don't forget One Inch and Fragile... Choice stuff IMHO!!

Classic ol skool hard trance tune -> Cj Bolland - The Prophet

Sleepy [​IMG]

19. beaker

beaker TRIBE Member

woohoo, wasa-b rocks! they're one of the few NRG labels doing something different. plus you gotta support the canadian labels (even though the producers are currently british for the most part).

i'm going to hook up with paul over the holidays while i'm out in BC.

20. K_la

K_la TRIBE Member

kid Epic, i just got that! lol

I here at these places called "bowling allies" the even play this music called trance?!?! how bizarre, only in new brunswik!!!

21. Galvatron

Galvatron TRIBE Member

I would have to say EPIC trance and HARD German (Nazi) Trance [​IMG]

22. wunderfly

wunderfly TRIBE Member

hard trance

psy trance and goa

23. Redout

Redout TRIBE Member

Uplifting trance is the way to go [​IMG]

Redout

24. twitch

twitch TRIBE Member

uplifting / hard / tech

25. dj bombtrack

dj bombtrack TRIBE Member

Im one for hard epic german.
    I like acid that is used in the right places.

I like anything tribal.
    And anything really trippy like some killer tech-trance.

Of course anthems is an obvious answer.
    And cant forget the oldies.

Just as long as it aint boring and putting me to sleep, pretty much all trance will do.

Ryan