favorite clothing labels?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by smile, Jan 24, 2002.

1. kate

kate TRIBE Member

I'm telling you, they are the best jeans and pants ever made. I own that many pairs for a reason. The inseam is at least 34", which means if you're tall or leggy, they work perfectly.

They are expensive, the most I've ever spent on their jeans is $395, but well worth it. If you buy a pair you'll have them forever.

Don't be mistaken though, miss sixty is so much more than denim, the fashion pieces are phenomenal is well. I've never worn one line that has made me feel better, ever.

Italians know how to make you feel sexy, thats all there is to it.

2. starr

starr TRIBE Member

i'm all over the place with labels really
    i've been known to buy ridiculous things like $200 tank tops to $16 shirts at Kensington
    i guess i'm in love with Luscious if i had to pick one favourite

3. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

WORD!

Miss Sixty/Energie make the best jeans.

4. Jimi James

Jimi James TRIBE Member

Shirts-Quiksilver
    Pants-Mavi & Quiksilver
    Shoes-DC & Circa
    Style-ing....
    Jimi James

5. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

yes, i often go in there just to dream....like the $3000 (je pense) theyskens jacket that i saw [​IMG] i've even debated blowing my student loan on it.

6. kate

kate TRIBE Member

When I went to Italy every man there wore Energie. Call my crazy but I just think guys look super hot in their stuff.

7. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

My favorite stuff for hitting a club is Energie, so expensive, but so good.

Any places where there is a big selection?

Sanks

8. Decepta-Kyle

Decepta-Kyle TRIBE Member

Fiction
    Double
    Triple 555
    bluenotes (some sweaters)

Amity
    Winners
    = good cheap fun

On girls

Luscious
    Fiction(I was told fiction pants make some girls asses look really good, for which I am grateful...hehe)

9. there's a place on Queen, west of John, next to the hmv that carries a fair bit of Energie. There's one top that I saw in a magazine and it looked HYPE, but no one ever got it in store.

From the Ministry of hey brother.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

10. 416

416 TRIBE Member

Ezekiel
    DC
    Droors (Best jeans ever)
    Pelle Pelle

That's right, I dress like I'm still 15.

11. Angeles

Angeles TRIBE Member

And while we're asking - who has the best Miss Sixty collection? I've been to a couple of stores who's selection was a little on the slim side.

12. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Bleu Marine in the Eaton Centre has quite a large selection of their jeans. Route 66, and Zoam at Fairview as well.

Ming.

13. Special K

Special K TRIBE Member

yea im always looking for Energie stuff but not to many retailers in Toronto sell it.
    The Show Room (beside the hmv on queen) and Due West on Queen and Spadina carry some stuff as does Silverplate in Duuuuuuuudebridege (woodbridge lol).

[​IMG]

14. kate

kate TRIBE Member

Not to toot my own horn, but the store that I work at which is called M1 is the largest indepentdant retailer of Miss Sixty in the city. We have TONS of it. TONS.

We also have a lot of Energie, and should have quite a bit of the collection for spring.

If anyone wants any info, email me.

15. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I also drooled over a $4995 Hedi Slimane 3/4 leather jacket. The leather was as thin as paper. I was in heaven.

I would've bought the white dress shirt though but then I realized that I can find stuff that's similar and save a whole lot.

School is more important that Olivier! Stop it!

16. neva_far

neva_far TRIBE Member

Great thread! It actually made me stop in "mid-lurk" and post a reply! ;-)

My favourite labels:

-Miss Sixty (been wearing it since 1995 - that shit is like CRACK for me! I dropped $400 on a sick Miss Sixty denim trenchcoat last spring...and get props whenever I wear it
    -Killah Babe - same parent company as Miss Sixty and Energie, but geared for the younger, more casual female.
    -Lip Service - for the pleather-loving goth in me :)
    -Naf Naf and Morgan Pour Toi - two French labels for when I'm feeling feminine :)
    -Brawd - source of all my wide-legged jeans...and I think they're Canadian too
    -Betsey Johnson - when I can afford it

re: Miss Sixty retailers in TO - yah I've been to M1. Yonge near Lawrence right? Good selection. Also check out Pacific Mall at Kennedy & Steeles. Full of little shops that sell Replay, Diesel, Miss Sixty, etc. etc...and if you offer to pay cash you can talk the prices down a bit too....or at least knock the tax off...

17. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

i like Mexx - good quality, decent price, mostly original. however, they do get a little to gino-y for me sometimes but it is one of the few lines that I;ve found that is decent and isn't all baggy. i like my clothes to fit, not just hang.

--craig

18. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

Miss Sixty is where it's AT. nicest shirts/jeans/jackets ever.

Also a big fan of Snug, Luscious and Kitchen Orange. Mexx is also up there and Jacob stuff (the prep in me)

YaY clothes

~allie~

19. smile

smile Well-Known Member

know what i miss?

XX-XY on yonge, across from the eaton centre.

they had the best collection of 555 soul i ever saw, and lots of other niceness too.

*snif*

20. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

[​IMG] ... [​IMG] ... [​IMG]

I'm a kitchen orange/fiction/555/snug ('cept their zippers suck) WHORE, though i think i'm going to have to cut back on my Fiction intake upon request of my ass... it's been unnescessairly violated as of late and seeks to remedy the situation as soon as possible.

=tina= [​IMG]

21. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

oh sweet clothes [​IMG] [​IMG] such a love of mine.

stuff i like:
    luscious denim (fits me so well)
    geek boutique (newer stuff)
    kitchen orange
    house of spy
    jy styls

but i also am a big fan of:
    the random cheap finds i get at Le Crapeau
    kensington market
    chinatown

[​IMG]sarah

22. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

all you miss sixty fans would die if you saw the three floor miss sixty shop in London. Well, not all three floor are miss sixty, also killah babe, energie...and somethin else. absolutely die. and come sale time.....
    oh to live in the shopping mecca that is london. [​IMG]

23. Dr. Grinch

Dr. Grinch TRIBE Member

QUIKSILVER

Only one other person mentioned that label, and they make some of the sweetest clothes out there. Nice warm sweaters, and some stylin' jackets.

Buffalo
    Silver
    Quick Reflex
    Kenneth Cole

Catterpillar shoes rock my world

24. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

I thought you were just a whore in general [​IMG]

~allie~

25. Lambchops

Lambchops TRIBE Member

For jackets and tops: