Fantino does it again!!!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Lurch, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

"A gun amnesty. Anyone who surrenders handguns, sawed-off long guns or automatic weapons by March 31 will not be charged criminally with illegally possessing a gun and will be given a pair Raptors tickets. People with these weapons are asked to call 416-808-GUNS and tell an officer where police can pick up the gun. "

Sooooo if you are the owner of an illegal gun you must be a basketball fan eh? Hmmm what does that suggest?!?! Hmmm nice one Fantino!!!

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1011913844375&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

2. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

This program has worked well in other cities and for the most part basketball tickets were offered as rewards.

The problem is that the criminals then just go around stealing guns (legal and illegal ones), then obtain the basketball tickets, and scalp them for money.

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

3. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

Ummmm is'nt a hand gun a little hard to steal? And would it not be worth more then the tix??

4. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

uhhhh, i think you're streching a little there buddy. i hate fantino and police in general but to the simplistic and therefore most likely true explanantion is that many people would find raptors tickets valuable and raptors tickets are cheaper and way more readily available than leaf tickets.

but do they get the tickets in blocks? the funny thing would be sitting in a section filled with people who had all turned over illegal weapons to get to the game.

5. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

ummm how many houses exist on your street...

dumb Q' [​IMG]

6. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

i think you're looking into it too far to think he's making the suggestion that "basketball fans carry guns." i'm sure Leafs tickets are hard to come by, so cant exactly off those, suprised he's not offering free tickets to a rave or something - then he could say "900 people turned in guns to get tickets to such and such a party, proof ravers are gun toting citizens."

7. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

What are you implying exactly?

Rosey: that block ticket thing would be funny!

8. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

Zero? why? Dumb statment.....splain urself Lucy!!

9. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

im implying that well over 50% of house owners have guns kicking around the house, well babyboomers that is.

walk in take gun...plain and simple.

10. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Your kidding right? You don't really think it's that simple. Please tell me your not that naive.

Ming.

11. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

Nice and simple.....raptors tix are worth......what $40........ why not grab a stereo its a lot easier and worth more. Plus getting caught climbing out a window with a stereo is not goin to get you shot.

12. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

Ming, seeing as I grew up in the north I guess I see things in a diffenrent perspective..shit everyone up north has guns kicking around everywhere....anyways

13. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

It will if the guy shoots you with his gun that you didn't just steal. [​IMG]

Guns are easy to steal though. They are not exactly heavy items. And you can get more than $40 for a Raptors ticket scalping them.

Anyways, I was just passing along some info about stuff that happened in cities in the US when they offered the program.

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

14. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Like for hunting and stuff?

Cause in the city, it ain't like that.

15. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i think he's right, but what's true in timmins is not true in the tdot. most households in toronto do not own guns. most that do actually keep them locked up the way they are supposed to. i know i'm generalizing but there is some truth to it.

16. HappyJR

HappyJR TRIBE Member

But if this were the states, it'd be another story...

I remember going to my cousin's house in LA a few years ago, and I noticed that he had 3 pistols just sitting around on top of his fridge.

I asked him about it and he told me he had a couple rifles in his closet too...

yikes...

17. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

ya I grew up 2 hours north of Timmins..Kapuskasing was the town to be exactly..My father keeps the guns in the closet so go figure...

Ming ya I used to hunt a lot..but if you stole someone's stereo up North you'd probably get shot.. I thought you'd get shot in the city also..you guys are no fun [​IMG]