Ever just wanted to leave?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by afterglow, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

all the time. even if it's just for a little while. i know i'll come back, but it would still be nice.

2. willis

willis TRIBE Member

I'm about $1500 shy of moving to Indonesia, and I dont plan on ever living in Canada again after that. Ive left many times but never more then a few months, and never this far.

3. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

no, candance u can't go!!! We just met at limelight last week, and well.............u've got some partying to do with me! seeing as u will most likely be at most of the places i will! :D

*jen*

4. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

:( - sadly it's not looking good right now for this girl to go to Madrid for a vacation :(.

If I do go though it would be around the same time as you - middle of April.

5. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

considering that her first post was almost three hours ago and she hasn't posted since ... i'd say that she is already well on her way.

6. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

The winters here kill me as well - slows down my drive and leans me more to the negative mentality than the positive.

I've got my mind set on Spain/Portugal in a few years...I need to get some records out and enroll in Spanish classes first....but it's a definite done deal as far as I'm concerned. We'll see how that changes if someone special walks into my life though.

@m.

7. Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye TRIBE Member

When i'm done college in a few years, 3 of my friends and I are going away for a year. We're not really sure where we are going.

It's a toss up between, italy, fance, spain, greece or amsterdam.

I personally want to go to italy or france.

I can't wait :)

We're going to get a working visa and as my friend puts it "try to survive"

8. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

Im moving in 2 DAYS..woohoo.

Ottawa - > Guelph to return to school..

yay change is sooo exciting..but I agree,get out a pad and paper and figure out the pro's and con's..also ask some friends or peolple that have already experienced it(moving or how your feeling).. I was lucky enough to have a friend listen to how I felt and she knew from the beginning it was my current career that was killing me.I just had to gain enough courage to move on to better things and I decided going back to school would be challenging as much as a breather from the everday 9-5 hussle and bussle.. anywho Good luck :)

9. mandapanda

mandapanda TRIBE Member

yes, all the time!
    i've sorta done it, never regretted it...

10. joey

joey TRIBE Member

ya i want to do this very much..

to much responsibilites right now though..

but when i get them all settled its either move back to toronto, or hope a plane to either Australia or Hawaii

time will tell...

11. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i spent two summers in the west, alberta and bc, some of the best and worst times of my life -you don't know fun until you've slept in an alleyway and a parking garage. i may have been running from something, but i certianly grew as a person and came back with the strength to face a bunch of things.

when you gotta go, you gotta go, for any reason.

12. afterglow

afterglow TRIBE Member

I'm still here.

I was at work though.

Still pondering.

13. LiLy

LiLy TRIBE Member

i went out west for a while and it really changed me.......just for the fact i had to be more of an individual......no one around makes you be more of yourself , and there is no net to catch ya if you fall.

a friend of mine did the same for a year and when he came back he was a new person (a change for the better i might add)

hope that helps adam

14. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

all the fuckin' time......

Seriously.

I live in the middle of nowhere. Where you ask?

Wallaceburg (Ontario)

Never heard of it??

Exactly.

But financial reasons, and an abundance (disfuncional) family drama will keep me here for the next little while.

Most of my best buds left a while a go. For a long time, I thought my next "home" would be around the toronto area.
    But I've since come to the conclusion that I must end up at a place where the weather is warmer.

tony

15. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

a need to just change things? or just running away from your problems?...
    -E

16. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

^^^

if by any chance that was directed at me.

No, I'm not running away from my problems. That's why I'm still here. I need to get some of these problems sorted out before I leave.

17. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

... it came to me one day a few months back while staring at the map in the mall that says "YOU ARE HERE", and I thought,"Indeed, no matter where I go, there I am". You know what's funny? If you have really good vision, you can back away from the map, and it still says "YOU ARE HERE", and the arrow doesn't move... SPOOOOOOKY.

But, alexd can have it ;)

I think it's one of those cultural memes... a bunch of people think the very same thing, and it spreads...

18. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

there's nothing better than taking a road trip & seeing one of those maps halfway across the continent saying "YOU ARE HERE" ... looking at where you came from, & where you are going...

imagine if we could all step back & have a you are here sign on the map of life...

jc...looking for the rand mcnally of life :)

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Timo wanted to know if you're back on the drugs.

20. Eclipze

Eclipze TRIBE Member

actually my statement wasn't directed at anyone..its something i have come to realize when i get that feeling...i take a minute and think about my life and whats going on....am i really packing up because i'm bored and need a spark ...or is it that there is so much shit going on with my life and i don't know how to handle it ..the only way is by running away and starting fresh somewhere else...

21. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

It doesn't work.

22. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

:D

tell timo meh on none of dees droogs ...!!! :)

jc

ps actually just a night of grocery shopping & other odds & ends b4 the weekend...

23. dj_jake_the_snake

dj_jake_the_snake TRIBE Member

So how well does a geographical cure work for those who use it? Can this way of escaping help those that try it?

It reminds me of a life change eg. when school ends, when a relationship breaks up, you are then free to do what you choose. But do you become any happier after the initial period? Do you end up doing the things you promised you were going to do. Most often people do not. I don't think people can learn much about themselves through running away, I think people can learn about themselves from educating their minds with knowledge and experiences. So I think that moving somewhere else will help with the experiences part of finding out who you are but to help with the other part bring lots of books and read as much as you can.

anyway I step aside to let the doctor speak.

24. deep

deep TRIBE Member

25. AshG

AshG Member

I'm moving there next summer (90%)
    i lived there for 1.5 years and loved every minute of it.
    city living, but the air is so clean you can smell the ocean in the financial district. beaches so long you can't see where they end, great music, all sorts of festivals, it very rarely ever dips below double digits in celsius, and it rained all of about 40 days in the year and a half i lived there. beautiful animals, laid back people, excellent, outgoing culture,... pure sweetness.

their culture has many parallels to canadian culture, so you don't feel lost in it, but enough differences to make you aware of the bigger world.

highly recommended as a life changing destination.