1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ellen Allien

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Guest, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

started off with some nice breaky tracks, however her track selection and mixing seemed to get progressively worse.

I don't think I'd ever go see her play again. Not worth my time.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

^^^
    Evan ate two Peeps and is a heel-kicking leprechaun (sp?).

The Dukes were fabulous. Got there around Midnight and it filled up pretty nicely. Nice to see @m looking fine and KF being crazy as usual. They spun a great set.

Ellen was alright. She mixed in my favourite Bjork song, Hyperballad. And some really good breaks. But then her mixing just got worse and worse.

Too bad. She seemed like she had promise.

3. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

I'm sorry folks....you TRULY missed out.

Her mixing wasn't stellar, but her track selection and programming became PHENOMINAL shortly after you folks left.

All i have to say is....WOW.

She even played Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker".

Seriously, she kept a fully dancing floor until 3:30 when they shut it down. UNBELEIVEABLE....full on rocking out.

i would never hesitate seeing her again. EVER.
    Such fresh music.....

We had a fun time bumping it out, BUT I STILL HATE RANE MIXERS!!!!!!

Gaetano was in the house as well....you can never tell if he actually likes anything because he just stands there all still like!

No italian head bob, even when i dropped a Reno Cerrone track!

@m.

4. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

On the heels of a fucking massive 48 hour bender encompassing insane amounts of alcohol, blazing rails of an unnamed substance, taking little hard rounds of samesaid substance, mushroom tea and 4 hours sleep, I HAD A FUCKING BLAST.

Really? What a surprise. Why did I have such a blast? One word: SUNNY.

That is all. What else is there? The love of my life has finally been realized, and now as I sit here typing with my fingers that ache for Sunny's bristling scalp, I pine and search for something to fill the void.

"Is he high?"

Dunno. But my friends have tonight assured me that I dance like a flaming jackass.

Greeeeeeaaaaat.

Sunny, Spazzy, @m, kf (nice cheek!), ElektroTekBabe, THE ONE DESTRO SANCHEZ ( the man), S.U.DShit, Lee Ozzy (are you Stephen Bauer?:D wild) Tanya (are you kf's gf?) and all...

..nice. Good way to spend Beaster Sunday. I liked Ellen's track selection immensely, and was to busy removing my friend Stephen's hands from my ass to worry about her mixing skills.

Worst review ever.

BBB.

"Is he high?"

"Yes dear, but try not to look."

PS Gaetano told me tonight he will be spinning with Slam on Wednesday night at Tonic. Be there, Sluts.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2002
  5. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Werd!

Had a good time but I feel like poop right now!

6. Destro Sanchez

Destro Sanchez TRIBE Member

I hurt.

I had a blast.

I danced hard to hard electro/techno.

People who were sleepin don't know what they missed.

Suckaz.

I want all her records!

Destro

7. SpazGirl

SpazGirl TRIBE Member

Wow - what a great end to Easter weekend. I was dancing till 3:30! I personally thought Ellen's tracks were awesome & always love dancing to the Dukes. Gerald - great to hear ya - see ya thursday.
    Not feeling crappy yet - it will hit me later. Bed early tonight.

See ya wednesday BBB & @m at Nasa & Tonic.

SpazGirl
    [​IMG]

8. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Gerald starting it up!
    [​IMG]

The dukes
    [​IMG]

Ellen
    [​IMG]

and Ellen again!
    [​IMG]

Thank goodness for edit buttons!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2002
  9. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Oh My God, kf and i look like we're still wasted from the night before. How come we get some many cracky pics?

Doh......

@m.

10. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

Adam

I thought you were lookin' cute - you've got the baby face in that pic!!:)

11. geminigirl

geminigirl TRIBE Member

.........And love the Iron Maiden shirt!!...........Yah!!

12. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

you are usuall ok, kf gets the cracky pics award!

One day @m I will show the "dukes cracky photo collection!"

Those are pretty much all the photos I got because my memory card was full!

13. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

OMG

kf is wearing a Whitesnake shirt!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

that is the best EVER

14. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I have the same shirt!!

<--wishes he could have gone...

15. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

I can't believe no one has stated just how SMOKIN' Ellen is in person....sheesh.

@m.

16. whitelabel_tm

whitelabel_tm TRIBE Member

Coming soon, the second in the NEO-TECHNO series events...Mr.Krome. :cool:

17. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Someone is in love! :p

18. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

got there to see the last bit of the Dukes set. very nice as usual. do you guys have a CD, cuz i want one if you do. and if you don't, make one, then give it to me please :)
    I had no clue who Ellen Allien was, but the first bit of her set was really good. her mixing was not bad, and her track selection rocked. however, both seemed to go steadily downhill after the first half hour. like she all of a sudden got really drunk. however, i dont think what i saw was a fair reprasentation, i would like to see her again if possible, i think she has the ability to really deliver. (and yes Adam, she's "smokin'" :p)
    in any event, not a bad nite, wasn't there long, but nice to here some happening hard music for a bit. :)

19. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

AND I MISSED IT!? :mad: :(
    waaaaaaaaah!! :*(

im killing amy...*grrrr*

p[l]a+0

20. joey

joey TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

ha nice!
    rock out guys :)

21. ElektroTekBabe

ElektroTekBabe TRIBE Member

What an amazing night...

Ellen Allien rocked my world!! That chick has the coolest tracks I have ever heard so far at an Elektro/Tek party. (Legowelt did a live set, so that doesn't count! :p)

She is also the friendliest and most amazing girl producer/dj I have ever met!!!

I didn't even pay attention to her mixing mistakes. No one's perfect, but she comes close!:D

LOL...Gaetano was just standing there looking around. Now that's a funny character.

Like I said before, I had a KILLER night...I bumped into two friends that I haven't seen in two years :) I also couldn't stop dancing till the music was done...3:30am was it? Ellen had peeps dancing till the very last note of the very last track.

It was awesome seeing you Tribe Elektro/Tek freaks out last night! Special Love goes to Kimmy and D :D Also, Destro, Mitch, KF, Adam and Tanya...it was awesome partying with ya'all!

XOXO,
    Galit

PS - Is anyone going to see Gaetano at Tonic on Wednesday night??

22. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Whoops, that was from me actually. Damn.

Um, BBB, what kind of crack are you on? You kind of scared me when you came up to me. Notice how I backed away? I was just... scared for some reason. But then I decided that you were really cute and a sweetheart all in a span of 2 minutes.
    Anyway, flattery will get you EVERYWHERE. :D Hope to hook up for some drinks or something?

And no one got a picture of me with my rocker shirt and motorcross-inspired tan leather jacket (Keith Richards graphic with him all stoned and SHATTERED). I wore it just for Adam. Rowwrl.

23. dlerium88

dlerium88 TRIBE Member

haha @m you still have your bracelets..lucky bastard. If i hadnt been so drunk I would have gotten them I SWEAR!

Wish i could have been there

le *sigh*

Ritika <-- was there in spirit

24. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

No crack, MoFo.. just the tail end of literally 48 hours of non-stop indulgence and debauchery that celebrated the end of my job, coincidentally Easter, and hanging with my friend Stephen, who is the only person in the world I know that can keep up with me when the "party" (read: indulging in LOTS of different substances (nothing TOO cracky, though) for a LONG period of time with little sleep, lots of good food and LOTS of fun) is on. We usually go nuts for couple of days at least once a year, to reminisce our Industry days.

What was it that scared you? When I read that I did remember a fair amount of hesitation as I approached you. Regardless, I'm glad that you're as great a judge of true character and beauty to come to the proper conclusions so quickly. :p I'll hook up with you for drinks or whatever anytime, Sweetness. :D

BBB.

PS You're super cute when you dance!

25. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Oh, get a room already!!!

@m.