1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Electric Razors / Suggestions?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by pr0nstar, Feb 28, 2002.

1. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Well I'm finally hitting puberty ... and I need to shave more often.

But I don't have tons of hair growing on the face.. so I wanna get a nice Electric Razor.

Anyone have any recommendations, experiences, etc...

Post any links/prices if possible. I would like to spend about 100-150$ ... but not set on any price.

pr0nstar

2. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

3. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Tribe Final Scratch Hunt Clue #2

4. Rudy

Rudy TRIBE Member

My advice?

Forget the electric razor - they're for old men who's hands are no longer steady, and besides that, it's a waste of money. Get a Mach 3 and some shaving cream - it does a better job and gives you more control...

5. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

Are you trying to say I'm old?

I already have a Mach3, I want something quick and easy. (Tehehe)

pr0nstar :D

6. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

my question:

what is the story with those electric razors that you can use in the shower?
    I dont know of many showers that have mirrors in them, so why would you want one with the waterproof capability?

<--doesn't understand

7. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

*bump*

Anyone?

8. smile

smile TRIBE Member

anyone know of a good electric razor to use with really thick/coarse facial hair?

...cuz that's what i got, and razors really HURT my face....like so much so that i only shave once every 2 or 3 days, and everytime i shave i have to use a new blade cuz my hair's so thick.

help!

9. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

10. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

LOL!!!

I think I peed my pants!!!!!!!!

11. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I have never in my life shaved with an analog razor. If I was stuck in the woods for 2 weeks, I wouldn't know what to do with a razor.

12. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

grow a beard!

[​IMG]

13. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Is that Lanny McDonald using the FloBee?...

[​IMG]

14. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Pronstar are you using it to shave your nut hairs or what?? you've got such a hairless face? why would you need an electric razor?

Kyfe

15. feisty boy

feisty boy TRIBE Member

electric razors suck MUCH worse - i tried one a couple of times, and it hacked my skin up good.

i can only shave every couple days, because my skin is ultra sensitive too. the best thing i've found is the mach3 with a fresh new blade.
    other than that, we're doomed to a life of stubble and irritated skin

16. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

No, Mach 3 for the testies.. :D

I want it for my face, I shave about every 3 days at this rate, but it's getting worse and worse.. so I want something I can shave with easily and quick. I figured a decent Electric Razor would be best. And no risk of cuts & stuff...

pr0nstar

17. Use a razor and cream. You can't get the close shave with an electric razor that you get with a blade and cream.

From the Ministry of the ladies all agree. Whisker burn sucks.

Prime Minister Highsteppa

18. quantumdj

quantumdj TRIBE Member

So i'm not the only one? shaving absolutely destroys my face.

19. Stop shaving with a chainsaw

From the Ministry of Leatherface

Prime Minister Highsteppa

20. pr0nstar

pr0nstar TRIBE Member

All these replies, yet not one recommendation of an actual Electric Razor, you SOBs :D

21. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known TRIBEr

I used to use a braun flex electric, it sucked, took me twice as long and i got much worse razor burn from it because of the heat from the razor and it kept missing spots. with the mach 3 i'm done in a minute and a half and no more razor burn. straight razors are also good but you have to know how to not kill yourself.

<----does not work for or have any affiliation with gillette.

22. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

\

Maybe you should quit the board then! Just kidding. I couldn't resist. If you want a good electric razor go to a place like the Personal Edge in the Eaton Centre. They have everything and can answer all of your questions.

jeremy -straight razor- jive

23. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

it's called.. a spoonful of your own medicine :)

[​IMG]

24. Hawk Eye

Hawk Eye TRIBE Member

In the summer i'm going to get the mach 3. I had this discussion on tuesday night. This girl was saying how the mach 3 is incredible and sure it's expensive but one blade lasts a month and in the long run it's worth it. :)

25. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

all i know, is that i tried one before and it burned like fuck. it was probably a cheap knockoff or something, but it still hurt to shave with it.

if you get an electric, get a wet/dry one. i seen a commerical for a cool one that has it's own shaving cream dispenser, so it'll keep your face moist during the whole shave. dry shaving is for animals only! :)