elecricity and electromagnetism

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by roo, Mar 4, 2002.

1. roo

roo Well-Known Member

our brains run on electrical impulses. the way elecricity is used all over the world is completely unnatural, and the world has all kinds of problems.

um... is anyone else deeply disturbed by this?

2. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

my brain gets fuzzy when i'm near the cn tower..

is it because of teh magnet ?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Not as much as when I saw your twin hang gliding in Vancouver this Saturday.

4. roo

roo Well-Known Member

dammit keith... don't tease me.

or i'll kill you.

really, kill.

5. H2Whoa

H2Whoa TRIBE Member

its the digital world thats the problem....You're Analog!!! (inherently electricity is analog - sine) :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2002
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Take a number and wait in line like everyone else........

7. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

ummm.. im not sure if this is a serious post...

but the only way EM fields could affect neural function is if they established a field gradient within your head... which they dont..

so dont worry about it... unless you have your head under a transformer all day...

much the same way all that shit about the moon, gravity, the tides and psychos is a load of it too..

your head is to small for the moon to establish any gravitational field gradient, and the field sure as hell has nothing to do with whether or not it is a full moon or not...

but, i do believe the moon affects peoples moods.. just not its gravitational field..

i believe that 100 of thousands of years of evolution have taught humans that the full moon is the best time to hunt (or be hunted).. hence the aggressive tendancies during those cycles.. and the relationship with mating cycles.. PMS etc..

v..abstractdatatype

8. roo

roo Well-Known Member

actually, there IS something metal in my head... that makes me set off metal detectors... except the one run by the evilheads at city hall.

9. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

So is the sky falling or Not? :D

There's that damn car too...

10. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

That's because Mayor Mel has one too and he hates setting off the alarm all the time, so they adjusted it to not respond to surgically implanted metals.

@m.

11. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

This is a very funny post. You are worried about how we use electricity and the effect it has on your brain... The brain does not run on electical impulses, the brain runs on electrical *potentials* created by chemicals. Further these so called action potentials are passed on from brain cell to brain cell by other chemicals. I would be more concerned about CHEMICALS than electricity if I were you. I would be mostly concerned about those illegal chemicals you take at them all night drug infested dance parties. But nobody seems to be complaining about those, because they're fun and the distribution of them is not controlled by some oligarchic buracratic agency.

12. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

.....yes, because there were absolutely NO problems in the world before electricity was discovered. :rolleyes:

.......I won;t even get in to debating 'unnatural' ..... whatever that means....

dan.

13. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Re: Re: elecricity and electromagnetism

hahaha..

sooooo true, in so many ways..

v..abstractdatatype

ps. it always the same people.. who buy into all of it..

14. roo

roo Well-Known Member

i don't take chemicals much anyways.

and, dan, can you prove that we had a lot of problems before electricity came along?

15. Sporty Dan

Sporty Dan TRIBE Member

....tell you what...
    .... why don;t YOU make a list of all the world;s problems you are blaming on electricity, and then I;ll reply to that.......

dan.

16. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

There was a lengthy post a while back about research done by some Persinger guy. In a nutshell: many people are prone to low level seizures, and this makes them hallucinate/have spiritual experiences/etc. if they are in situations where they can be triggered.

One girl thought she got fucked by jesus christ... seizures were triggered at night by her electric alarm clock that was situated 10cm from her head...

Persinger took measurements of electrical activity in "haunted" houses, and noticed anomalies, and dug further, noticing that the wiring was fucked up.... triggered seizures in sensitive people...

He built a device-- a helmet that acts as a variable electromagnet-- that causes the wearer to have amazing spiritual experiences, see ghosts, dead relatives, etc.

Interesting work... and it explains where people get their wacked out ideas.

17. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

unless you are Keith, in which case you have one everytime your phone rings :)

18. Guest

Guest Guest

or your vinder, in which case you just have them all the time

19. Quirkz

Quirkz TRIBE Member

And our neurotransmitters that affect overall mood and performance.. You could make an anology to pharmaceuticals.

But it's natural, not unnatural, for life to mimic itself. The energy and communication amoung ourselves is no more unnatural then what things go on between the neurons in our brains..

20. PosTMOd

Geophysical variables and behavior: XCVI. "Experiences" attributed to Christ and Mary at Marmora, Ontario, Canada may have been consequences of environmental electromagnetic stimulation: implications for religious movements.

Suess LA, Persinger MA.

Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.

Since the year 1992 individuals and groups of people have reported religious experiences near Marmora, Ontario, Canada. The experiences, attributed to Christ or Mary, have occurred near the top of a hill adjacent to an open pit magnetite mine that has been accumulating about 15 million gallons of water per month for more than a decade. During the period between 1992 and 1997 epicentres for local seismic events moved significantly closer to this site. Most of the messages attributed to spiritual beings by "sensitive" individuals occurred one or two days after increased global geomagnetic activity. We suggest that conditions produced by local geophysical and geological properties created the odd lights and induced physiological changes within the thousands of people who visited the area. Direct measurements indicated that weak (0.1 microTesla to 1 microTesla) complex magnetic fields, the temporal patterns of which were similar to the experimental fields we have employed to evoke the sensed presence and altered states within the laboratory, may have been generated within the area.

21. PosTMOd

Geophysical variables and behavior: XCII. Experimental elicitation of the experience of a sentient being by right hemispheric, weak magnetic fields: interaction with temporal lobe sensitivity.

Cook CM, Persinger MA.

Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.

We tested the hypothesis that proportionally more people with above average numbers of complex partial epileptic-like experiences before the experiment would report a proximal presence during applications of a weak (1 microTesla), frequency-modulated magnetic field over the right hemisphere. Each of 16 subjects sat in a darkened, quiet room and was exposed for 20 min. to complex fields, applied through a helmet, either along the right hemisphere or across both hemispheres. None of the 8 subjects with below average scores reported a presence during the applications of the magnetic fields while 75% and 60% of the 8 subjects with above average scores reported a presence during right hemispheric and bilateral stimulation, respectively.

22. PosTMOd

My favourite one:

Experiences of spiritual visitation and impregnation: potential induction by frequency-modulated transients from an adjacent clock.

Persinger MA, Koren SA.

Department of Psychology, Laurentian University, Ontario, Canada.

A left-handed Roman Catholic female adolescent with a history of early brain trauma reported nightly visitations by a sentient being. During one episode she experienced vibrations of the bed, an external presence along the left side that moved into her body, inner vaginal (not clitoral) and uterine sensations, and the sense of being impregnated by a force she attributed to the Holy Spirit. After the latter experience she felt an invisible baby superimposed upon her left shoulder. Analyses of the measurements for magnetic anomalies within her bedroom indicated an electric clock about 20 cm from her head while she slept. The complex form of the 4 microT magnetic pulses generated by the clock was similar to shapes that evoke electrical seizures in epileptic rats and sensitive humans.

23. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

Just for the record, no credible evidence exists that prolonged exposure to transformer stations or high voltage electricity transmission lines causes any neurological impairment or health problems.