1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Dyslexic test

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by nusty, Mar 19, 2002.

1. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

It has recently come up that a vast majority of you have read my screen name as NUTSY rather than NUSTY. I'm sure that now after posting this thread even more people will realize that they too have been making the same insignificant mistake all along. That is fine with me, I couldn't care less.:p
    It just leads me to further beleive that many of you have either got your minds wraped around the subject / notion of NUTS (sexual or as a protein scource after removing the shell) or you are just plain dyslexic.

What other words or phrases do you *know* you mess up often?
    I have a bad tendancy to leave words out when I type without noticing it, even after I re-read my writings.
    I know I'm going to start double re-reading over my essays before I hand them in from now on. (note: proof reading your shit is always good before handing it in to a "smart person" to mark it)

2. Fir3start3r

Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

That's Nutsy nice... :p

3. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

I often think I could be dylexic!!! I find myself saying two words but mixing up the letters within them!!! I would give you an example but I can't think of any right now.... *S*

on the plus side, Im not at 600 words! 2400 to go...

adios
    Laura

4. headwinds

headwinds TRIBE Promoter

you butter get tummysmells to proofread that essay!:D

I always wished that we could hand in our essays twice! once for our profs to proofread; then the second to time for style and content....or somesort of professional proofreading as part of tuition. I think I lost a grade every paper for forgeting ______ and other careless mistakes which I would have found had I finished the paper a few days ahead of time instead of 2 minutes after class started.

a few of us actually tried to get a paper reading session going in fourth year when we were more committed (when getting honours to apply for our masters seemed like the only way to escape real life) -- it was helpful but then again we weren't getting paid to read on our own drivel so attention's spans tended to wane especially with critical theory papers that quoted more than 20 sources -- with some in French! damn Camus! (actually very rewarding writer once translated).

a ha! even after proofreading the above two paragraphs...and i still find new errors....blah!!!!!!

:D :D :D

5. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

actually he is an excellent proofreader *grin*

and as for writing workshops and stuff- they really encourage students at school to finish their papers early so professionals can help you edit it!!! i dont think i'll ever have a paper done early enough for that kind of thing, but it's neat to knwo it's there *girn*

adios
    Laura

6. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

I had been reading it as "nutsy" all the time as well...

However while I may not be dyslexic I always seem to wix my mords.

I also find alot that when I'm talking I will tend to combine two words into one to make a super powered ultra mega unintelligible word!

7. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i always saw nusty.

but i don't understand why you called yourself that. does it mean something?

8. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

oh im just seeing this thread now

i always mispell would

woudl

so is nusty a typo or is it suppossed to be some sort of colloquialism to new jersey?? (nasty but you guys say it nusty?)

p[l]a+0

9. under18

under18 TRIBE Member

SLD, ADD ..... any combinations of initials telling you you're "different," i've got'em ...

dyslexic, not so much :)

xoxo
    -c-

10. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Maybe some of you need to joing M.A.D.D ... Determind Dyslexics Against Mothers.

Cheers ... Ian :)