1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

dragonfly

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by miguel, Mar 10, 2002.

1. miguel

miguel TRIBE Member

went out and supported the opening of chuck's new night Dragonfly (sundays at Aria). the music was laid back, the atmosphere was nice and the venue rocks.

i highly suggest that you check it out if you have nothing to do on sundays and like downtempo beats.

ps- nice meeting you LD, it's hard to return hugs when one is carrying a drink in each hand, i apologise! :)

2. ChROmE

ChROmE TRIBE Member

Bling Bling

Wicked new night! Hope the rest of the evening went well and I hope to back very soon? Czech....WORD!

Great venue and the DJs were on point. Highly reccomend this to anyone who needs some headbopping and tight crowd on a Sunday night.

piece&steadyrock

chrome

3. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

It was great to meet you too, miguel. :)

What a fanstastic idea for a chill sunday night. Aria's the perfect venue for such a night as well. Tis a great way to catch up with friends and listen to chill beats --- see you guys next sunday for Czech!

4. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

Nice one Chuck!

The venue is wicked, and the beats were sweet.

Also the spring rolls were on point!!!

5. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Thanks to all those that came out. Considering the main means of promoting the night was word of mouth, I think it went okay. I gotta say the beats were phenomenal. Gnat laid down some sweet ass groovey downtempo action. I highly recommend this man. I've never heard him before, but he was proper. My boy Kinetic also represented with some nice hip hop laid over some sweet downtempo beats.

It was definitely a good night for chilling in a gorgeous space with good conversation, good people and good downtempo music. Czech is gonna rock the bubble dub stylings next week!

*c*

ps. if anyone would like info on the night email me @ chucksta420@hotmail.com.

6. peanut butter

peanut butter TRIBE Member

Damn,
    so sorry that I missed last night. I was still up north out of the city. I'm definitely gonna be out with the heds next weekend though.

This is the best thing for Toronto. The is so little offered in this city for down tempo (other than the ocassional Ninja Tune event and live bands).

When I heard about this i was grinning from ear to ear and I can't wait for more!!!

Patrick

7. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

WHAT????? Ivan and Naomi i didn't see u two!! :D A perfect night, definitly needed for a sunday!!! Afetr a maniac partying saturday and sunday.........this was exactly what i needed. So relaxed, and a beautiful club!!! I will definitly be cheking out czech next week! Nuthing but perfect chill beatz!

what a gorgeous aqarium chuck!!! :) haha.......is that one step or two?? hehe....oh the fun times!

*jen*

8. miguel

miguel TRIBE Member

was it the one that was on top of a pole or were there other ones? i was sitting with my friends by it and my brother stuck his finger in it and the staff got mad at him, dumbass :p

9. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad TRIBE Member

HAHA! classic! it was the one on top of the pole yes! :) And where were u sitting all night???? The bunch of us were sitting in the booth closest to the bar!! haha...go figure :)

*jen*

10. miguel

miguel TRIBE Member

ohhh, we were sitting in the back (when you go in, right on the left).. if you're there on sunday i'll ask chuck to point you out :)