1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

do your taxes online for free

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by kyfe, Feb 27, 2002.

  1. kyfe

    kyfe TRIBE Member

    https://www.quicktaxweb.ca/

    I did my taxes today using this method. it was easier than pulling out all the paper, and best of all I found out i'm getting a decent refund, which I will be donating to the A&H Mixer fund.

    Oh what a glorious day,

    Kyfe
     
  2. labRat

    labRat TRIBE Member

    not bad, but you can't get a netfile file out of it. it'll cost you $19.95 for one return.

    www.taxwiz.ca has a similar thing (no free trial) but for $9.95 for one return.

    and i finally got my T4 today - w00t!

    --craig
     
  3. Subsonic Chronic

    Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

    werd. I just finally got my T4 yesterday. I just need one more piece of paper and should be all set.

    Quick question... if I had a regular dentist checkup, and my work benefits cover 80% of it, can I claim the other 20% on my taxes?
    It's only about $40, but last year I was undertaxed by my stupid work and had to dish out cash to the gov. The only reaon that I didn't owe over $500 is because of RRSP contributions and anything I can use to bring me back down will help.

    Pete
     
  4. labRat

    labRat TRIBE Member

  5. tommysmalls

    tommysmalls TRIBE Member

    i'm thinking of using 'ufile.ca' .... anyone heard anything good/bad bout it?
     
  6. stargurl*

    stargurl* TRIBE Member

    You can netfile for free on quicktaxweb.ca if you make below a certain amount.. This is my second year doing it free through them
     
  7. Fir3start3r

    Fir3start3r TRIBE Member

    Sweet deal! Thx for the info :D
     
  8. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

    R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

    Any idea what that amount is?
     
  9. stargurl*

    stargurl* TRIBE Member

    $20,000
     
  10. swenard

    swenard TRIBE Member

  11. PosTMOd

    PosTMOd Well-Known TRIBEr

    Quicktax only allows 5 returns.

    $28 for TaxWiz... unlimited... who wants their taxes done? I do for cheap.... $4
     

Share This Page