Do you let the world get you down?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by mingster, Mar 7, 2002.

1. In the short run, sure. But you can always learn something every time you make an effort and feel dissatisfied. You can assess your approach and evaluate it. Remember that determination is often a key factor in success. We haven't gotten this far by giving up whenever we have failed. And I rarely believe anything that you want bad enough (ie happiness) is futile. If you want it bad enough, you'll make it happen for yourself.

The old saying always still stands:

That which does not kill you, can only make you stronger...

Be it stronger in willpower, determination or physically tougher, you can benefit from any and all experience.

From the Minsitry of Tony Robbins

Prime Minister Highsteppa

2. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

life is hard, ming. we just gotta plod through it and understand that we're all in the same boat.

incidentally, when all else fails I can find some happiness in a cold bottle of moosehead. ;)

3. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

does anyone know how to go back to sleep after sleeping for 7 hours?

;)

4. Life is tough

From the Minister of I'm tougher. Dish me out your worst, I'll get back up, brush myself off and ask for more.

Prime Minister Highsteppa <- stubborn mutherfucker

5. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

I think I'm tough, but sometimes I just wish I could press a pause button sometimes and make everything stop. hehe

6. Nyquill

Green Death flavour.

From the Ministry of Rip Van Winkle

7. Unfortunately I have never seen that as an option.

From the Ministry of wants to get shit over with and cut to the chase.

8. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

I don't want to be awake anymore.

It's been a tough week.

I got a shitload of homework, and my break has just begun.

Ugh.

wait...my break has just begun....

where's my alcohol?

9. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

what ya gotta do is press the play button on the chumbawamba!

10. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Yeah, good point.

11. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

why does this make no sense to me right now?

12. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

one of highsteppa's earlier posts brought that thought out. then I saw your's with the pause button. so I put the two together and created a brilliant yet subtle reply.

13. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Wow, this thread has digressed from its original thought. But that's ok.

Sometimes I wish I could press the fast-forward button, and skip to the part where I have it all figured out. But as cheezwhiz's post indicates, I'd be missing some of the best parts of life, I suppose. All of life.

14. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

hey mel,

i totally know what it's like to be hit with a bout of malaise and wonder as to the state of humanity. hell, sometimes it feels as if my own life is traumatic enough, let alone contemplating all the others on this planet who are not as fortunate as i am.

i really do believe that one person and sometimes even a single solitary word can make a difference. often a smile is all that's necessary. you've made me grin before at a time when i needed it, and you probably aren't even aware of what you said.:)

i think ultimately, (as has been previously stated by the evah so eloquent highsteppa,) you have to *believe in yourself*. once i realized that perceptions can control the way you regard and feel towards absolutely *anything*, i realized how empowered i am. i don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of me now, and *every* time i have a negative, self deprecating thought, i immediately counter it with something positive. the world is as we believe it to be...when i'm *determined* to make a difference and make reality fantastic, it truly *is*. that continually *amazes* me.

one person can make a difference. me, i'm taking things small right now, if it's smiling and forking over change to a homeless person or wanting to donate my time to a charitable cause. i totally believe each of us have a responsibility to one another as well as to make this world a better place. give me a few years, and i'll be a formidable force to be reckoned with.

chin up, kid. your heart's in the right place.:)

*muah*
    ~N

ross-dude, take some paxil.:p tomorrow's friday...and you have an eve of good conversation and friends ahead of you.

p.s.(anna nicole smith's gotten really fat.)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2002
  15. But then would you actually appreciate what you have learned by skipping all the way through it? I find that the toughest lessons I learned were often the most rewarding and the ones I was least likely to forget. Remebering lessons like that come at a price, and often a hefty one.

From the Ministry of my logic.

16. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Like this moment right now.

17. Pyrovitae

Pyrovitae TRIBE Member

(ppssssstt...stace...you were one of the few who i used to be intimidated by, funny enough.:p you are tough, chiquita. as nails.)

18. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

that makes more sense.

ok, i don't want to press the pause button, cause either way, i'll have to go through it.

i want to fast forward. allllllll the way.

uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh

so tired

19. Zer0G

Zer0G Well-Known Member

Everyone on earth knowing
    that beauty is beautiful
    makes ugliness

Everyone knowing
    that goodness is good
    makes wickedness

For being and nonbeing
    arise together;
    hard and easy
    compliment each other;
    long and short
    shape each other;
    high and low
    depend on each other;
    note and voice
    make music together;
    before and after
    follow each other.

That’s why the wise soul
    does without doing,
    teaches without talking.

The things of this world
    exist, they are;
    you can’t refuse them.

To bear and not to own;
    to act and not to claim;
    to do the work and to let it go
    is what makes it stay.

Lao Tzu - Tao Te Ching

20. atomic

atomic TRIBE Member

that is a great quote.

21. Guess I know what I'm going to be hunting down to read next...

From the Ministry of will start looking tomorrow.

22. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

pssst....thanks nat.

23. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

LET US PROCLAIM THE MYSTERY OF FAITH!

24. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I love that. Where have I heard that before? Kundera? Coupland?

I used to do the thought of the day for my highschool announcements. Administration was not happy with my choice of using lyrics from Bob Marley, the Doors and Public Enemy. So they made me read quotes from Winston Churchill and Wilfred Laurier shortly after.

Then I got banned from the PA system for basically telling the administration that they were going on a power trip and that they should screw off.

End tangent.

25. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Yih yih. I don't say shit like this often:

I love you all. Keep on keepin on. We're a tight group amidst a world of chaos. Keep the vibe tight.

Love another Hammy boy who has hijacked Sammy's name and/or account.