1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

do cobblers still exist?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by SUNKIST, Mar 19, 2002.

1. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

im so annoyed. my shoes have this tiny little hole up near the part where you put your foot in, on the side. its like a tear in the fabric. this is the second pair of Etnies i've had that have done this...yet i keep buying them.:rolleyes: in any event...i have only had this pair for 3 months, and they already have a hole..it makes me mad cuz i know its there and i dont want it to get bigger..its annoying, and i'm meticulous and petty like that. so question is..anyone know if/where/and how much to repair this? im not down with dropping another $120 for a new pair...i think this is the last pair of Etnies i will buy.

(on a side note: i wanted to contact etnie and tell them, yet they seem to be pretty hard to get a hold of. website shows no email address, and i think only a phone number..for Virgina..of some shit.)

p.s. does anyone else experience problems with their etnies? for the life of me i cant figure out how i keep putting holes in mine.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2002
  2. PinkAngeL

PinkAngeL TRIBE Member

yes they exist still
    you might get it fixed easier than you think
    I know of one that will make you boots from scratch even

3. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

A trade, sir, that, I hope, I may use with a safe conscience; which is, indeed, sir, a mender of bad soles.

4. tea_green

tea_green TRIBE Member

i know a little old cobbler and i always see him at goa parties. for real.
    he may be magic.

5. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

just take it to any shoe repair place like money's worth and best, they can fix just about anything.

and stay away from the etinies next time :p

6. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

my mom used to take me to Kiddie Cobbler for shoes when I was a kid

7. Guest

Guest Guest

My mom used to beat me into submission on the head with a shoe.

It's a touchy subject.

8. SlipperyPete

^^^
    LOL

I like shoes with velcro do-ups

9. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you also wear a helmet and a harness with a leash?

11. SlipperyPete

i'm hypoglycemic and hyperactive!!

12. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known TRIBEr

my aunt makes a wikkid peach cobbler!

yum-yum!

13. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

lori, there is a shoeshine & repair place in the basement/ground floor of the manulife centre. it's run by two old jamaican guys who are really funny. i guess they are cobblers. the place is near the southwest corner of the mall, across from bay-bloor radio.

i had my good dress shoes resoled there for way less than the cost of new ones. i don't know what they can do with a hole in fabric but they're worth a shot.

14. dicksherwood

dicksherwood TRIBE Member

mmmm....I could go for some peach cobbler right now, I also like apple and blueberry...so fruity, so crusty, sooooo tasty

I especially like it a la mode, the way the ice cream melts and mixes with the fruit and crust...it's like 3 desserts in one!

taste and vale, you can't go wrong with a cobbler

Dick<----In a very strange mood this morning

15. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

damn! I was so sure this thread was going to be about apple cobblers!!!!

[​IMG]

adios
    Laura

16. djcheezwhiz

djcheezwhiz TRIBE Member

i shall now be known as the cobbler :D

jc

17. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

thanks rosey :)
    i will bring them there next week.

18. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

hobcobbler = an evil cobbler

19. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

knobgobbler = cheeka

6 degrees of separation, I tell ya.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2002
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Cobgobbler =

[​IMG]

21. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

Do you skateboard? that's how I keep putting holes in the sides of my shoes. I have to buy two pairs at once now, one for skating and one for normal use.
    Try clear "shoe goo". It's what I cover the sides of my shoes in to prevent the ripping in the first place (only do this if you don't really care what your shoes look like) and it's what I use after the ripping has begun. It helps me get another couple months out of good (and expensive) shoes.

22. nusty

nusty TRIBE Member

Thats what I was praying for aswell. however that does not look like a pic of an apple cobbler....

but my it does look tasty for right about now! :p (this emocon is licking his lips, not sticking out his tounge)

23. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

LOL :D - I love how I can look into random thread and see things like this about myself.
    haha val you're an asshole.

24. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

Re: Re: do cobblers still exist?

i dont skateboard in them...but i dance in them..so that may be contributing to it. but thanks i think i will go grab some of that stuff..where would i aquire such a product?

25. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

any skate shop will have shoe goo. maybe you should try dancing to some melodic trance instead of that voodoo hhc crap ;)

i haven't had any problems with my etnies, i find them to be the most comfortable shoes. good weight and support. the worst shoes i've ever bought were Sketchers - the plastic molding on them wasn't designed to bend at the toes and ended up ripping not too long after i bought them. pieces of shite, i will never buy skechers again.

--craig