1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DJ Marky @ Turbo

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by doughboy, Feb 17, 2001.

1. doughboy

doughboy TRIBE Member

I was too sick to go, how was it?

It was supposed to be my B-day bash, but I won't be doing much more than sleeping for the rest of the weekend.

Later

Jason

2. louie

louie TRIBE Member

Who ever wasn't there missed a show and a half, this guy is unreal, sickest talent i've ever seen.............
    People who were there know what i'm talking about.

Peace

3. tella

tella TRIBE Member

it was GREAT night. i danced a lot, smiled a lot and had a wikked time. marky started off with sooooooooooo much energy...every1 was going on about how wikked he was. unfortunately, i didnd't think he did a good job keeping up the energy (or maybe i was just tired...working everyday does that to you). eitherway...his track selection was awesome...mixing was consistent and he was an awesome entertainer...seemed to have the most energy out of every1 there. i'd love to see him come back down again!

4. lexusboy

lexusboy TRIBE Member

sick sick talent is right.
    much of the time i found myslef just staring at him do his thing....
    works the fader(s) niceley.
    track selection was tight.
    i agree with tella, didn't really keep up the energy.. but then BANG another top-40 tune to get the crowd going.
    looked like he was having the best time out of everyone there. good for him.

nice show.

lb.

5. Kalemic

Kalemic TRIBE Promoter

OH... MY.... GOD....
    Im a bit of a techno head so I don't normally go someplace for jungle only, but I had heard a couple Marky mixes and decided I could not miss this event. I was not let down, my friends who I dragged along were floored by his set, I thought it was superb! At the end of the night my friends were tugging on my shirt saying "so what was his name again? Hold on Im going to write this down, I CANNOT forget this guy!". I haven't had that much fun at a night of jungle in quite sometime!
    Turbo thank you for bringing this rising star for us to enjoy!

6. Kenxie

Kenxie TRIBE Member

Must agree with everyone... it was a wicked nite! Marky has got skills and the guy obviously loves what he does... he was so into it! and that definetaley counts for something!

natalie... i have to tell you... I LIKE YOUR STYLE! [​IMG] please dont squeeze my cheeks!
    and thanks again for the cd's [​IMG]

and shouts out to the female mikey! [​IMG]

one week and counting till j majik touches down!

7. V Dub

V Dub TRIBE Member

HAHAHAHAHA !!!

"The female mikey" -that was the funniest thing that i have ever seen at Turbo.

8. tella

tella TRIBE Member

your lucky i didnt squeeze your cheeks...i could have had you crying like a little girl [​IMG]

9. Kenxie

Kenxie TRIBE Member

I AM A BOY DAMN IT!

but if i was a girl i would be just like you... cause natalie.... I LIKE YOUR STYLE!

[​IMG]

10. tella

tella TRIBE Member

i hate you mack!

11. Kenxie

Kenxie TRIBE Member

^^^^^

OUCH!

so yeah marky was great!

12. Suke

Suke TRIBE Member

I enjoyed the 30 minutes I heard of his set. Lots of energy behind the 1's and 2's. Room was packed.

That is my dnb review,

Suke.

13. ecstasy riot

ecstasy riot TRIBE Member

really?

14. Kenxie

Kenxie TRIBE Member

^^^
    my mom tells me i am... and i kinda trust her... she is my mom and all...

15. Cognitive Dissonance

Cognitive Dissonance TRIBE Member

Sorry im a little late on this review.But what can i say i was kinda bussy.But all i have to say was this was still one of the best jams i had ever gone too.Marky threw down probably one of the best track slections i have ever seen and ripped it proper.Respect to the old Turbo crew.Straight up!!!

-EZ.P