1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

DEKO-ZE in The Purple Room

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by DJNMAC, Oct 21, 2001.

1. DJNMAC

DJNMAC TRIBE Member

From the day this western Canadian has stepped into our fare city he has received nothing but rave reviews.

Tonight I had the pleasure, no wait experience, of seeing Deko-ze for the first time. WOW! this guy blew me away. As a DJ I have always prided myself on getting into my sets, after seeing deko-ze spin I realize now how important loving the music you play really is. From the first track he ripped to his encore finally, deko-ze was ear to ear grins, bobin his head and the corwd was feeding off it all night long. If you don't love the music you spin music, how can you expect your audience to? Deko-ze proved this theory tonight.

The Purple Room ALWAYS has a kick ass vibe and tonight it was taken up a notch.
    I don't post very many party reviews, but Deko-ze in The Purple Room gets a 10/10, an A+ and a best set in The Purple Room yet!

N-MAC

2. ethnik

ethnik TRIBE Member

respect

word!!! d tore the roof of the joint last night, the vibe in the purple room was, in all understatement, was insanely off the hook! mad props to the purple room crowd for keepin it tight and massive positive.

as for dekoze's set, there are only 5 words to describe it perfectly...MOTHERF?$KIN BAD AZZ HOUSE MUSIC. period. Mattlock on the setup got people going off early with his usual crisp, bangin set.

in all honesty, this night was probably the best night i have ever had in my many in the purple room. big ups to fellow tbk squad in attentance, sean and his sista, and any others whom i don't yet know but have probably spoken to before..

track of the night - "you spin me right round" - god damn.....

peace

mike

3. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

Off the hook!
    Never been to the Rev before, but DAMMIT if the purple room didn't have one helluva sweet vibe.
    Mattlok threw down an impressive set (with the exception of 1 lousy selection...) and I was thorougly impressed by his skills and ability.
    I spotted Deko-Ze around 1130 or so cruising around the bar, smile smeared across his face whilst he warmed up to the room. He stepped up to the decks around 1230 or so, and the man would not be stopped. HOLY ENERGY!!! -- dude threw down track after track of hard assed house, and was feeling the music and the vibe as much as the crowd was. Unfortunately they shut down early cuz I could've danced another few hours, but the time he was on was time well spent indeed. Big thanks to everyone who made last night so great!!

As Neil said, last night earned a 10/10, A+++ and ranks up there with the best nights I've had this year.

4. DJNMAC

DJNMAC TRIBE Member

And you said I never post anymore

5. j-Hi

j-Hi TRIBE Member

dammit, sounds like a great time! i can't believe i had to miss him again....stoopid midterms! [​IMG]

6. robg1138

robg1138 TRIBE Member

I wasn't at this party BUT I love De-Koze and I miss him at System.I've seen him spin @ Turbo but now I don't know if he has taken any residence at another club....any you guys know [​IMG]

7. Isaac S

Isaac S TRIBE Member

No only did Deko-ze have his shirt off for most of his set... his pants came off for awhile too...

I think that says it all.

8. SlipperyPete

SlipperyPete TRIBE Member

^^^^
    holy shit, I completely forgot about that!!

I think he was showing those girls what else he's got peirced? [​IMG]

9. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Is this part of his stage presence now? Is he working up to being known for 'The Full Monty'? I can only imagine the possible pain that could be inflicted seeing as he's a 'table-humper' dj and all....

@m.

10. Bobby Thrust

Bobby Thrust TRIBE Member

Stage presence NOW? This has been standard from his earliest days as a dj. I originally typed a message telling some tales involving less clothing, but I am afriad he or his people will read this and get mad at me.
    So I will not mention the smily face pajamas that had an expanding hole in the nether regions.

11. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

I heard that at Eastern Bloc nite at FTWK last week Deko-ze & Jelo were spinning a set back-to-back together both with their pants off as well!
    Maybe its a new fad for House DJ's!
    Isaac... are you gonna be sporting this new look too? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sean B [​IMG]

12. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

I gotta say that this nite was quite a treat for us K-W'ers! Its a very rare occasion that anybody gets to witness Deko-ze throw down an all house set! I had a great time and I know everybody that was there enjoyed it too! The Purple Room was packed with people just going CrAzY!
    I loved the Paul Oakenfold's Perfecto Recording House Remix of Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" that he spun… Great new track with a funky bassline that we all know!
    (I know what you're thinking… Perfecto? House? Yes, it's true!)

Later…

Sean B [​IMG]

13. Sonic_B

Sonic_B TRIBE Member

THIS NIGHT WAS WICKED, GREAT PARTY TO FINALLY HIT WATERLOO IN A WHILE. THE CROWD WAS INSANE AND EVERYBODY WAS THERE TO HAVE FUN. SO PROPS UP TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO MADE IT OUT AND TO THE ONE AND ONLY DEKOZE FOR DOING WHAT HE DOES SO WELL. PLAY A KICK ASS SET!!!!!!!
    PEACE
    SONIC_B

14. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

"DOOOOOD..."

Badass fucking night. Dekoze was spot on, soo much crazy energy... I was impressed to say the least with the Waterloo yokels and the vibe that was in that place. THERE IS HOPE FOR THE NIGHTLIFE-K/W-MASSIF!

Dekoze just makes me happy all over. Maybe it's his insane dj abilities. Maybe it's his ability to tease me crazy by mixing back and forth from La La Land and the Jeremy remix. Maybe its that insane laugh of his that can be heard over EVERYTHING. Maybe it's his love for dropping his pants at random moments in the night. Whatever it is, he's always so amazing to catch, regardless of where he is.

I don't think i've ever seen a deko-ze set that I haven't walked away from completely exhausted, legs having jello-like properties. Haven't danced so hard in forever.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay dekoze!

Oooooh I must also give big shoutouts to Matlok who opened the night with a sweet sweet blend of house to get things started off proper. The only time i left the dancefloor was when he decided to drop Finally...k, if i wasnt sick of it 4 months ago, i REALLY am now. I had to remove myself from the scene before i went postal. But overlooking that fatal flaw, such a sweet set.

YAY!

=tina=

15. Rob Solo

Rob Solo TRIBE Member

'No only did Deko-ze have his shirt off for most of his set... his pants came off for awhile too...
    I think that says it all.'

WHAT!!?!?! I thought that was a special 'Ottawa thing'. He's been doing it with us for more than a year now!

The best was when after a night of drinking and DJing he had to go to the bathroom really badly, but didn't know where it was. So he ran down the wrong hallway in his briefs and scared a few girls.