1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

David Suzuki Lecture

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by stir-fry, Mar 8, 2002.

1. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

The Japanese Canadian Cultural Center presents Dr. David Suzuki on March 31/2002.

At the center that I do Judo, i came across a flyer advertising this lecture that Suzuki is doing. He'll be speaking on “The Japanese-Canadians: 125 Years of Achievement”. Regardless of the subject matter, Suzuki is truly a genius, and anything he chooses to discuss will no doubt be very informative and interesting.

Just thought i'd give a heads up for any of those interested in attending.

The Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre is located at 6 Garamond Court, Don Mills, Ontario Canada M3C 1Z5. Just off Wynford drive.

www.jccc.on.ca for more info

2. Cheeka

Cheeka TRIBE Member

I went to see him speak once and he was amazing!!
    very motivational.
    I wanted to save the world when I left.

he's a phenomenal man - I would definitely check him out again!!

3. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

This would be a really cool lecture to check out... The only problem is that it's out in the middle of nowhere!!! :( thanks for posting none-the-less steve! I may check it out... *S*

adios
    Laura

4. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

5. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

^^^^ *OMG*!!!! *ROTFLMAO*

You're the BEST graham!!!!! *Grin*

adios
    Laura

6. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

7. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

I saw him speak about a year or two ago at Chapters to promote his new book. He started speaking at 2 pm, and by 12:30 the place was so packed you couldn't move. My interest was peaked even though I was just browsing for some new books and I hung around and heard him speak and he was phenomenal. One of the true Canadians to be proud of ;) ...I wonder if he spoke in Montreal if he'd lecture in french? Otherwise I'll definetly check this out over Easter when I'm home

~allie~

8. madnezz

madnezz TRIBE Member

oh DAMN i didnt realize that was easter sunday.... uhoh, i have major plans for that whole weekend! *cringe* my parents are not going to be pleased *S*

adios
    Laura