1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Datura - psy/techno/

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Subsonic Chronic, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Had fun on Friday night checking out and spinning at this little jam east of downtown.

I didn't get there until almost midnight but there was a nice crowd in the place hanging out and dancing to what was being played. It's a pretty cool little venue with cheap drinks ($5.25 revs! yeah!), some nice deco and a cool vibe.

It was a bit of a challenge spinning on the waterbed turntables... I think that they were on elastics or air cushions or something, but anyone who has had this experience before knows what I'm talking about. ;)
    But at least they didn't skip!

I wish I wasn't already so tired when I arrived, but if the right music is being spun I could managed to get off my ass and still dance a bit (thanks to Basilisk).

I was pleasantly surprised that the turnout was as good as it was considering this was the first Datura night and considering that UofT had a psychedelic jam going on too. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. :)

Can't wait until the 15th!

Pete

2. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

yeah boi!!!

psychadelicious i say. hopefully the next time i won't be as dead/sick so that i don't sit at a table staring in space :D

3. kodos

kodos TRIBE Member

nice set pete, well programmed and mixed.. and i wouldn't say it if i didn't truly think so. the venue was cozy, the drinks were cheap, and it was one helluva chill night. too bad about the sea-faring turntables - they were covered with barnacles and smelled like fish.

[​IMG]
    arr, there she skips!