1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Czech at Mad Bar

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Qtee, May 14, 2001.

1. Qtee

Qtee TRIBE Member

As tired as I was tonight, I still managed to drag myself out to mad bar to see my favorite DJ of all time and WOW!!! That was amazing! I honestly haven't heard a set that good in a long time. The place was packed, but the crowd was pumped to hear Czech lay down wicked tracks. I had a great time!
    Qtee [​IMG]

2. starr

starr TRIBE Member

"joy and pain"...that pretty much sums up the event!
    DAMN!
    i think breaks is my second favourite kind of musik, really!

3 exclamation points in a row people...
    anyway i paid $10 to get in, and i would have no problem paying at least $15 to see him another time.
    and it was definitely worth it.

Place:
    Madbar was perfect, a little chilly for me at the beginning, but once i started dancing it was just right. I've been
    there before (for my b-day) and it was nice enough. Couches, and dance space...just right.

People:
    Security was nice, very non-noticable. The people were friendly too...like the girl that just randomly started talking
    to me, telling me that it was her friends b-day and all. Really nice atmosphere/vibe!

Musik:
    Wow...czech was great. Can't wait to see him at WEMF. He dropped a lot of vocal tracks, i
    love vocal tracks. And a lot of nice old school...i can't even begin to tell you. Joy and pain - you know what i'm
    talking about (joy from the great musik, and pain from all the dancing...i know i'm gonna be feelin this
    tomorrow!!!).

If you like breaks you shoulda been there. Great intimate atmosphere, friendly people, wonderful musik...perfect
    night. This was a great end to my weekend! I think I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

ps. great to see so many tbk out:
    temper tanturm...call me tomorrow!
    aphrodite...so nice to meet you [​IMG]
    mofo...of course i remember you from the tribe party (you gave me my first beer that night!)
    mr. furious...sorry to wreck your "anonymity"
    mcbee...always great to see you, maybe i'll catch you wednesday too
    basic...i forgive you for "tagging" me at the tribe party [​IMG]
    headwinds...see i remembered (area51 on friday brandon, you know you want to!)
    j-hi...post dammit post [​IMG]
    and ivan, too bad you're not on the board
    btw (what happened to suke???)

sorry for all the "name-dropping" in my last few posts, but when i just meet people i like saying hi...i'll stop soon, really i promise

3. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

WOW! perfect night. Madbar was ABSOLUTELY great, even though somehow Michelle managed to be cold while I was boiling to death [​IMG] For my first time seeing him live Czech was incredible, old school tracks. I think Mcbee may turn me into a breaker yet, I've got to say that's some of the best live breaks I've ever heard, completely rivals the Serenity Party (And Kevin you were dancing [​IMG]) and just to see the so sexy basic do his shuffle you shoulda been there. Mad props out to The crew, what a wicked wicked night

I posted this on the board but here goes again
    Basic= Quote of the night.
    Me "Kevin, you know whenever we go out, we get ourselves into trouble"
    K "Yeah but it's you and I getting ourselves into trouble"
    Glad to have the same 'weekends' as you bro [​IMG]

Mcbee- Beautiful, crazy breaker czech, always a pleasure

Michelle- I don't know how you were cold [​IMG] great to see you

Will- Your one of us, just in denial.

Shannon- Glad you made it out gorgeous

Sunny- As always SO fun to hang out with.

Got a lot of beer bottles to clean up at my house. damn pre drinking. Are you people aware we went through a 40 of ameretto and a 2-4 of beer.

Head hurts. Going to clean now. Blaming headache on Kevin

t. tAnTrUm

4. PinkAngeL

PinkAngeL TRIBE Member

YUP
    I ended up skipping it.
    I started getting a migraine-type headache and knew it wasn't going to be fun for me so I stayed home with my Tylenol.
    At least I caught it on time and my head feels ok today unlike the last one I had.
    He'll be back soon enough.
    Glad you all had fun last night.
    Prolly see you on Wednesday! [​IMG]

5. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

michelle, Ivan is on the board- chrome. As for all those other TBK you posted that weren't at my house those are all the people you introduced me too? Ahh [​IMG] well hi guys! Nice meeting you all. Svet you shoulda been there! You started the roll call originally [​IMG]
    You were missed

t. tAnTrUm

6. j-Hi

j-Hi TRIBE Member

czech baby czech baby czech one two
    czech baby czech baby czech

my third night out in a row this weekend...but for czech, it was totally worth it. it was even worth dragging myself off to work on only 4 hours sleep. czech is THE breaks man - he did not disappoint!

great track selection - he always throws such a wide variety of stuff down...it's soooooo much fun! (example: did anyone else hear the metallica guitar in one of his tracks??? wikked!!!!!) i also loved the scratching!

madbar was the perfect setting...very intimate and not too crowded.

the crowd itself was good...and it was nice to see so many of the tbk out and about...a pleasure, as always!

j.

ps. i hear ya on the pain starr - ohhhh, my aching legs!!!

7. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

!TRACK SELECTION!

omg I haven't heard a breaks set that good in a while!! I got to meet Czech after, he's a really nice guy! but for real.. that was amazing!

the track with the girly vocals *drool* if anyone knows what that was let me know!

fun partying with mcbee, basic, Temper Tantrum and my baby ... you guys are loads of fun! nice meeting you starr [​IMG]

shannon

8. headwinds

headwinds TRIBE Promoter

I second that!

hey Willis...aka Waldo (great touk !)...aka Marty McFly....sorry dude about that....take it as a compliment...nice stuff.

brandon.

9. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

^^^^^hey Shannon what about me? [​IMG]^^^^^

T.T. - thanks for having us over for pre-drinking, your a great hostess....next time tell someone when your going to leave the club

McBee - thanks for driving all our drunken asses to the club you rock

Mofo and Aphrodite - i still can't get over the fact that you two went to Wexford...whats even more fucked is that you know some guys that i used to chill with

Basic - those remixes rocked. sweet dreams, metallica....and of course *don't fear the reaper*

headwinds and Starr - mums the word on my tribe identity [​IMG]

10. The Electrician

The Electrician TRIBE Promoter

Yup... Well thanks to everyone who came out for our night.. it was an awsome night for everyone involed and for everyone who came out to party... The new look and the New sound at madbar is toatlly wicked.

I had a blast and so did Czech.

Remember to keep your eyes peeled for Detox Mondays to hit!

Peace
    Wes

11. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

its all part of my master plan!!
    well, this was a total random adventure for me. i thought we were going to milanos to hear jungle (i'm such a compromiser [​IMG]) but i arrive at allie's to find out Czech is now the plan! woo hoo!

so much fun. as with most good breaks sets, i find it extremley hard to stay still. this one was no different. and i'll never tire of the sweet dreams remix!!

pretty fun being the designated driver for a bunch of drunken fools. we finally made it downtonw, no thanks to the excellent directions provided by basic!!

with all the ass grabbing and fun chats going on, it was hard to dance but i still managed!

TT, sunny, aphrodite, mr furious and basic....thanks for a silly sunday nite!!

nice to see starr, chrome and headwinds!

and just to see the so sexy basic do his shuffle you shoulda been there
    oh so cute!!!*muah*

[​IMG]sarah