1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

culinary geniuses

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by labRat, Mar 31, 2002.

1. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

so for breakfast this morning i wanted to make crepes. but i had no jam, fruit or syrup to put on top. then the genius in me came out - i like blintzes (cottage cheese, fruit, vanilla in a crepe) so i decided to try a Yogurt Blintz (patent pending).

basically it's a crepe all rolled up with yogurt inside. scrum-delish.

this will go into my book of breakfast inventions alongside Vanilla Cinnamon French English Muffin Toast or as it's better known: Captain Craig's Out of This World Patented Space Age Moon Muffins.

so if you're hungry and don't know what to make feel free to try out these delicacies or add you own for others to enjoy.

--craig

2. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

I had a delecious chicken strip sandwhich for breakfast
    It included:
    Chicken Strips
    Hot Peppers
    Green Peppers
    Onions
    Tomatoes
    Pickles

Ummm ... yummy

stu

3. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

i've also tried experimenting last summer with bbq'ing chicken. i'd wrap the chicken up in foil and place some sort of ingredient in there for the chicken to cook in.

successes include:
    apples and cinnamon
    bacon
    jam

failure:
    peanut butter - not only did it taste gross but the chunky peanut butter spilled all inside my bbq.

--craig

4. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Hot Peppers for Breakfast?!

:eek: <---- Tums Tu Tu Tu Tuummms!! Calci-ums!
    Karim

5. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

Hot Peppers are the shit!
    I wish I cuold have them with everything I eat
    Although I've pretty much tried that ... and they just don't go with a lot of food :(

stu

6. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

^^ you should have used peanut sauce.

Bumbaclat

7. Bumbaclat

Bumbaclat TRIBE Member

meant for labrat's chicken....

Bumbaclat

8. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

ya, *now* you tell me. where were you last summer?

9. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

I love hot peppers too. I also enjoy various kinds of hot sauces:

Red Hot = The Classic Flavor enhancer
    KFC Hot Sauce Packs = Best tasting hot sauce...really
    Dave's Insanity Sauce = Made with hot pepper extracts, hottest shit in the world
    NuPack Hot Sauce = From the west indies/Trinidad, my dad purchased a case of this stuff. mmmmm

But in the mornings, my stomach is churning, hot sauce magnifies that! HEARTBURN!!

Yesterday, I made an omelette and threw 4 slices of Turkey bacon inside (after I cooked them earlier). It was pretty good :D

:)
    Karim

10. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i love putting jalapeno's on pizza.

especially if its pizza hut
    its nice when they put it on the pizza while they make it. tastes better. mm crispy.

sometimes when im expected to make some sort of dessert....or im on an eating binge i'll take an apple, use a peeler dealy that spins the apple as it peels it, and keep peeling it to the core. im left with pasta like apple, which then goes into a big cafe late mug, some bryers classic vanilla ice cream in the center, and drizzle it with cinamon and some honey. yummers! :)

p[l]a+0

11. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

My dad used to bring home these really spicy all beef sausages. They were so friggen good. The typical purpose for these were to slice them and fry them with eggs. BUT, we used to give them to the Pizzaria's to put on our order. Ughh, drool, best pizza EVER.

Yesterday, I took this Walnut bread, and ate it with pudding. It was pretty good! And I usually don't like pudding.

:)
    Karim