Crotch Rockets

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Mr_Furious, Jan 23, 2002.

1. depraved

depraved TRIBE Member

I ride a BMW R100GS; I'll be selling my Harley (1992 Dyna Glide) in the spring. Probably pick up a Honda ST1300 next year (i.e. after they've worked out any kinks in the 1st production year).

Have you thought about taking a rider safety course?

- Greg

2. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

my next purchase.

[​IMG]

My current restoration project.

jeremy -can't wait to get the cash for my dream bike- jive

3. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

jeremy -oops, ubb= 1 me = nada- jive

4. Sassy

Sassy TRIBE Member

Sweet ride! Chick magnet for sure. [​IMG]

5. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

jeremy -better work damn it- jive

6. CC

CC TRIBE Member

these things are fun, but when years back my dad got in an accident. it would have been a fender bender for a car, but he was in the hospital for over a month. then my uncle got in an accident (not his fault at all) and he spent 8 months in a hospital bed. he broke just about everything in his body and the doctors were surprised he lived. he was only going about 60km/h too.

if some jackass in a car makes a mistake, you die. keep that in mind.

CC

7. Astroboy

Astroboy Well-Known Member

I had a 6r for 3 weeks at the beginning of last summer...nice bike, good power, but it was too small or me...just could not feel comfortable or confident leaned over on it...

8. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Can I have your old bike then? Please please please? I'll dress up like a woman or do anything that you ask. Please?

jeremy -come on, I said the magic word- jive

9. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

I'd also like one of these if I could afford the bike and the insurance. The worst part is that I have my motorcycle license now but now real good bike to go riding on. Once I learned to ride a motorcycle I realized what the obsession is. I'm hooked and there is no letting go. I will ride a bike til I die.

jeremy -can't wait for spring riding- jive

10. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

Bah damn ubb
    jeremy -bah damn ubb coding crap- jive

11. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

Fuck it. Its an R1 in blue.

jeremy -you get the point- jive

12. Lurch

Lurch TRIBE Member

If all goes well I should be riding this next year.....my brother owns it now but wants to upgrade. I have taken it out a few times already and all I have to say I HOLY JEBUS!!!

[​IMG]

13. OTIS

OTIS TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

14. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

thats the exact same bike im checking out right now. I may be getting a really good deal on it. I take it this means you took that MMIC course?.....

15. echootje

echootje TRIBE Member

^^^

LOL FUNNIEST ONE EVER!

PS Will, invest in a good helmet, because you will fall. Good on ya though, I'll get a bike one day too

16. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

Astroboy can vouch for that. [​IMG]

17. The Magical White Isle

The Magical White Isle TRIBE Member

"mmmmmhhhmmmmmm, I've got a rocket in my pocket" - Choclair

Phat bike man! Ride it in good health. You'll have fun with the ladies in/on that thing.

Peace,
    T

18. Chris

Chris Well-Known Member

Cant talk for long, Im at my training course for the day, Will I have the exact same bike, YZF 600, very nice bike, there are some faster models, 600R and what not, I would recomend though you start with something a little smaller, perhaps an Kawi EX500, very nice bike, excellent starter, with a little pep as well,

As far as the chick magnet thang goes, I would know nothing about that!!!!! he he

Hey, there is an old saying, it goes as follows before I owned a bike, I used to dream of such silly things as beautiful women and such, once you own a bike, you dream of your bike.

BTW I would take the training course offered at most of community colleges, its well worth the money not only for insurance reasons but other reasons as well, situations, etc.

19. Mr_Furious

Mr_Furious TRIBE Member

I already took the training course with MMIC and passed.

I am also trying to get my hands on a NINJA 500. After riding my frend's it seems a lot more comfortable than a 600. The only proble is is much easier for me to find a 600....

20. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I did the MMIC course in the beginning of November when it was a lot colder than it is now. I would recommend the course to anyone. Its cheaper than any of the college versions and the staff is super friendly. I learned a whole lot and feel a millions times more comfortable on a bike after taking the course. There were people who hadn't even sat on a bike in my class and they were riding perfect by the end.

jeremy -the course is the best investment outside your helmet- jive

21. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

22. orange richie

orange richie TRIBE Member

Hahaha! The 'gettup they wear serves a purpose. Do you actualy think people like dressing up in leathers? It's purely for safety reasons, meaning if you fall off your bike and start skidding down the asphalt you won't rip your skin off! When I see people riding on the highway with a t- shirts I shudder.

I have a 1993 ZX-7R. Not exactly the bike I wanted but my bro was getting rid of it for a good price and the bike is mint for it's age. Good first bike. Handles well, was the best bike back then and it was one of my favorite bikes since I was a teenager. Plus I think the older engines with a crazy pipe sound fucking awesome. Gave me goose bumps everytime my buddies rode by. Plus the Ninja 'green' (although a little too flashy for me) get's everyone! The bike draws too much attention.

I finally bought one after so many years of putting it off. Why, cuz a lot of my friends ended up in the hospital or dead because of them. I was scarred, but I had to do it cuz I know I won't when I'm older. If anyone is gonna get one, take the course, it'll save your life. Also never ever feel too comfortable on your bike, that's when shit happens! Don't ride if your tired, drunk or high. Most of the accidents that riders have on their own (not a colission with another vehicle) are becasue they are intoxicated.

I have to agree with Dr. Grinch, I don't really like the 'crotch rocket' culture. I like riding with my close friends, but sometimes we'll ride with a bunch of people and it's pretty much riding from one donut shop to the next and talking about bikes... BORING!!! I just like to ride, don't need to show off and be an ass. But sometimes it can be fun.. all depends.

All and all it's great to have and ride. Perfect thing to do to relax and the rush far exceeds any high from drugs. Just be careful!!!

I'm not at home so I will post a pic of mine later...

Rickardo Belmiro de la Cruz...

23. orange richie

One more thing. If you get one you'll be addicted to riding [​IMG] it's an undescribable (sp?) feeling to ride one.

My bike is a virgin to women. Meaning since I got it I havn't taken a girl out on it. She has to be worthy of the machine! [​IMG]

24. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    This would be cool...

25. orange richie

Not that I've taken guys on it [​IMG] UMMM.... yeah.... you know waht I mean dammit!!