Credit cards

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by juice, Jan 28, 2002.

1. juice

juice TRIBE Member

I was thinking about switching off my Visa Aerogold card because I don't think the $120 annual fee I'm paying for it is worthwhile. Are they any decent cards out there that offer any worthwhile rewards with no annual fee?

2. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i have a no fee AMEX Blue with airmiles....but things like this you should decide for yourself.

3. juice

juice TRIBE Member

I was looking at the AMEX deals but do you ever have problems with AMEX not being accepted in many places?

4. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

GM VISA - if you're planning on buying/leasing a GM car anytime within the next few years

AMEX Air Miles Card - good way to collect those air miles, 'specially if you go to the liquor store often.

5. stir-fry

stir-fry TRIBE Member

i heard a rumour about the air miles program being cut off soon.
    apparently some airline (i'm guessing air canada) was bitching about having to give away almost 1200 free trips a day. So they might be pulling out of the program soon.

6. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

Not the "AIRMILES" program. We buy our tickets off of anyone who makes the trip but right now Air Canada is one of our biggest suppliers.

The program your thinking of is "Aeroplan" which was Air Canada's own loyalty program. Its been found to actually provide the airline with next to no benifit in most cases.

7. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

is that Air Miles or their own Aeroplan? There are a lot of people getting free trips out of the Aeroplan memberships, but I don't think that many people get free trips from Air Miles (it takes a while to actually accumlate the points)

AMEX is accepted at pretty much all places, some smaller, independent stores/restaurants may not. but i'd say you will be covered for 99% of the time. but not in Cuba - they don't even accept AMEX travellers cheques.

--craig

8. Silverback

Silverback TRIBE Member

I haven't heard anything about Aeroplan's success, but this does cause concern when I have enough for a couple free airline tickets. I'd hate for them to cancel the program and not get to use them.