Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by MoFo, Mar 1, 2002.
He used a 36 point font.
Well... if you really wanna know...
Subject: Smirnoff vodka: an ad comparison (1966 vs. 1997)
Objective: to research Smirnoff's branding and advertising history and to make solid statements about how Smirnoff (as a conglomerate) maintains the status quo using marketing techniques and mass-media outlets by using 2 key examples from different eras.
It was written in sections:
- corporate history and company linkages
- media linkages
- marketing comparison between two ads
- advertising rates, demographics of two ads
- demographics and overview of the publication advertised in
- semiotic analysis which includes
1) denotative reading of each ad (description without any cultural references)
2) connotative reading of each ad (what the signifiers in the ad represent)
- ideological analysis of each ad (how each ad maintains the status quo and existing relations of power)
- written conclusionary commentary synthesizing everything
= 24 pages. And I didn't even write everything I wanted to.
YOU'RE a 36 point font.
congratulate me too!
i did fuck all today, now i'm going out to drink and shoot pool!
Did you mention anything in your paper about Smirnoff being a Canadaian Corparate (TSE-30!) powerhous etc... untill it sold out to the Americans?
Separate names with a comma.