1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Closer to the Edit

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by AdamAnt, Jan 15, 2002.

1. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

After all the good words I heard about it in the "Top albums of the year" thread, I finally picked it up.

WOW. Firstly it's a brilliant concept. Secondly it's PERFECT for studying/reading to.

I applaud.

2. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Bad choice of thread title ... everyone is probably going to come in here thinking that you've almost convinced alex to reinstate the edit button. [​IMG]

Cheers ... Ian [​IMG]

3. zoo

zoo TRIBE Member

It is a good mix, I agree.

Very chillin techno.

I thought richie's dex efx + 909 was his prime, but de:9 is even better in a different way.

4. matty

matty TRIBE Member

Mixmag Live was Hawtins prime.

5. AdamAnt

AdamAnt TRIBE Member

LOL @ Ian! Funny stuff.

6. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

I honestly thought that's what it was [​IMG] I thought he had the inside scoop on the holy grail of buttons.

7. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

i was stuck between de9: closer to the edit and LFO's ADVANCE the other day, and i oly had a 20$ gift certificate

i got lfo...

but i regret not picking ritchie.
    damn.

advance is still a great album though

next time i buy de9 for sure

p[l]a+0

8. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

That's what I thought too.

9. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

It's not really a mix. More of a 50+ minute track.

I have a feeling he did the whole thing in ACID, just layering different different loops on top of each other. No actual turntable DJing was involved.

Still, one of my favorite CD's from last year.

10. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

I disagree. I've heard it a few times, and read the liner notes (mebbe you should do this!)

From what I can gather he took all his loops and remixed them into tracks. He then mixed those tracks (as one would records) using final scratch + effects and then cleaned up the completed mix a once he was finished with it.

Try listening to the album on hits with a nice pair of headphones....

....su-weeet!