1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

CD burning assistance vol. 4353525

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Metal Morphosis, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

how do i split a large file in nero to make it fit on two CDs

lisa <--- hangs head in shame

2. deep

deep TRIBE Member

hey babe

I'm guessing you're trying to put to CD a long audio mix

You'll have to cut it up using audio editing software such as soundforge, cooledit, etc.

There are some small utilities that do the job but I'm not familiar with them or what kind of quality they do the job with

Your boy Evan should be able to help you out, he seems to reccomend one such utility fairly often

3. Metal Morphosis

Metal Morphosis TRIBE Member

but in nero once you've dragged the mix over if you double click on it there is this box that opens that says "indexes, limits, split"

so it seems possible but i can't figure it out

why don't you ever email me back deep ?
    don't you know it's lonely in the 'loo

4. deep

deep TRIBE Member

email you back? i've never gotten an email from you babe . I don't diss people like that , not returning messages or mail

I dunno about chopping stuff up in nero specifically. What version are you running? The recent versions of nero are packaged with a wave editor that should do the job you need it to. Chop up the mp3 files into two separate files, then burn them