BREATHE = LIARS (warning: rant)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jazz, Feb 9, 2002.

1. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

..no, Industry sucks because it doesn't exist anymore.

BBB.

Here's your reality check, Sir.

2. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

I think there's a reason different people go to different clubs. Thank god they're not all the same. It's because we all like different things. We can argue the merit of certain clubs till we're blue in the face, but when you come down to the conclusion, it's all about personal preference. It's about the fact that I prefer the people at System, and it's about the fact that Jo Sho likes the way the ninnies dress at Club Whatever.

See? We have options. Go to the clubs you enjoy. Be glad you have options. Cause we'd all be complaning a hell of a lot more if we all had to go to the same places. Imagine? All of us crammed into Plastique! *shudder*

Ming.

3. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

It all depends on personal preference. I personally don't really care about the sound too much. And am I the only one who likes the interior/layout of System?
    I have been to Sona/Stereo/Government and I like System the best out of all of them. I have never had a bad time at System.
    I was part of a groove.ca/system mixup, but it was dealt with in a personal, timely and proffesional fashion. It sucks that System is retarted with promotions, but now that it has been mentioned, mit is true that most clubs are shady as far as that stuff goes.

In conclusion fighting about which club is better makes us all lose a few collective IQ points.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Sorry basic but if you think that system is better then sona, stereo or government either you work for the club or I should meet you there and drive you to the mental institution. After that post I think you are crazy system is a hole compared to those places. Next you will be saying comfort zone is the cleanest club in toronto.

5. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Take it easy Pest he's just stating his opinion.

6. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

Well said. The man doesn't lie.
    After all, it's where I met John. [​IMG]

7. huggs946

huggs946 Well-Known Member

The promoters @ Breathe are far too nice IMHO.

Been there twice and:

- Never paid cover.
    - Never paid for a single drink cause my friend was getting them for free from the bartender who would never let him pay his tab.

...and to the fool that started this thread:
    - if your too broke ass to pay cover without trying to qualify for some super promo offer, then maybe u should find something else to do with your free time rather than dissing a reputable venue like System on a board like this.

U think u have right or something?

I hope that they ban u for life!

FOOL!

8. huggs946

huggs946 Well-Known Member

I still think that the Breathe crew should fugure out a way to take over Friday nights @ The Guv...

or

get a few more silent partners and open up a new venue close in close proximity The GUV...

9. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

Can't we all just get along?

"Troubles disappear, when you have another beer."
    -Oktoberfest 2002

-jM
    A&D

10. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

When Stereo was open it was predominantly a gay club with all the DJ's and the promotors being people who used to work at Playground.

It's only since Nav Bhinder became manager that they've started integrating the nights. However, Saturday is still pretty much the main gay night at the place.

11. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

i really hope you didn't mean that, cuz it makes you sound like a dink.

what in the world does that mean?

12. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

okay, the point is:
    if the bar didn't offer promos, people wouldn't feel shafted when the bar doesn't follow through.

its like a friend. if your friend makes promises he can't keep, you get upset.
    if your friend never makes outrageous claims that he can't live up to, you think nothing of it.

its Breathe's business if they want to put on promos and whatnot, but they should be expected to live up to the promises that THEY make.
    its not like there is some rogue flyer pirate out there trying to smear the club... its their own f*cking promo!

bah. i gotta stop posting in this thread.

13. fleaflo

fleaflo TRIBE Member

System vs Stereo? How silly, that's like comparing the Guv to the Comfort Zone. And like everyone knows that the CoZo wins that battle hands down. [​IMG]

"I personally just stick to Jilly's. Doorman is always chill and the bartenders always give you a smile and clorox wipe for your seat and table. And in their back room, the bass bins aren't aimed directly at the dj and anything goes..."

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I am renting a school bus one like the ones we used to take back in the day. All the people that think that system is bettter then stereo, sona or government please leave your address you will be picked up by noon. Doctors will be waiting at 1001 Queen st W for out arrival. For Fleaflow I have sent an ambulance because I think you need help immediatly, I enjoy the zone once in a while as well but to say its better then government is just nuts.

15. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Your opinion in this post really doesn't matter, why don't you beat it and keep your comments to yourself. The majority of people talking here have valuable opinions because they've been going to system for quite a while.
    You go twice and get in for free? Please post about what you know.
    Don't think cause you got into System twice makes you a High Rolla it doesn't, it just makes you one more reason for all the problems system has ie the crowd going downhill for the last 6months or so. I like the fact this thread was started System got alot of hype from this board when Breathe came around and now they should be accountable for their actions just the same. They've Fucked up on many occassions with no apology no nothing, Why should they not be accounatble?

If clubbers/ravers or whatever you call yourselves are not allowed to have a say then whats the point?
    We are the ones that make the scene if we stop going there is no scene, (till a new market is found) the negative should be accepted as much as the positive.

Kyfe

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Hey take it easy on Flea there that man knows what he's talking about Jilly's is where its @ and there's always girly's there.

Fleaflo I made the System/Stereo comparison and you know why I did. [​IMG] See you Friday.

Kyfe

17. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Roadtrip to your house?

18. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

WHOOSH

19. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Nice sound effects!

Kyfe