BREATHE = LIARS (warning: rant)

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Jazz, Feb 9, 2002.

1. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Well, I was unaware that they said this in their mailing. I was going on what they printed on their flyer, which should hold more weight as they hand out flyers to everybody and only a small percentage of people are on the mailing list.

Taken from the flyer:

"The more effort you put into your blue attire, the lower admission becomes... from $20 (regular cover) to $10 for a lot of blue (and no... blue jeans alone do not count) to $0 for those who gover the top!

That's all that they said on the flyer regarding the cover charge, absolutely nothing about before midnight...

2. Guest

Guest Guest

actually, I find the searches there to be extremly laxed now.
    I usually don't even get anymore than my waist patted down.

3. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

I don't get searched period.

4. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

What is so bad about getting searched?

I would rather get searched then someone bring in a gun or a knife. And some of the crowd that goes to system for sure pack some guns.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

that's cause if they all know the only thing in your pockets is ky and a whole lot of condoms. [​IMG]

6. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

That's tubs of KY.
    Taken from the vat at home.

7. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Makes it easier to slip away from all the sausages?

I hear you sista.

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

i'm all for searching, no doubt it is important given the way people are today in general. but there is a seach and there there is going to far, ie sticking fingers in my shoes, getting to close to my nuts, running your fingers along the inside of my waistline.
    I don't like feeling like someones cellmate beatch!

I should have clarified this earlier cause after reading it i thought the same thing, whats wrong with a search nothing but it should be done in a respectful & comfortable manner.

Kyfe

9. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

Don't ever go to the Guvernment then kyfe!

10. finary

finary TRIBE Promoter

I agree... Guv by far gives the most... um.. detailed searches.

I ended up there on Saturday to have some door persons hands go everywhere from the bottom of my feet, to my butt, and down the front of my pants to touch my pubes.

I believe in searches, I like clubs to be safe, but keep your fucking hands out of my pants.

/finary

11. Guest

Guest Guest

the worst was the bassment.

I only went there once, but they searched me for nearly five minutes and played with my nuts for two them.

12. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

Seriously, i find the opposite although there have been a few times (just after the shootings where it was pretty tight and understandibly so). My point is i've noticed a change @ system all round, it was cool when Breathe first started now I feel they could care less if the night is good or shit. I want to know that when i go to a club, that they've put forth effortand care if I or other patrons enjoy themselves.

Kyfe

13. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Meh.

If you don't like it, don't go. I'm not defending System or the way the owners/promoters run it, I'm just saying that it's their night and their club and they can run it any way they please. People have to remember that a club is a private business, and the proprietors can run that business however they see fit. It's not your right to get any treatment other than what they choose to give you. That being said, if it ends up costing them their business, then fair enough.

- Sam

14. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

Are you referring to the tipping here? Or the searching?

Cause I agree as far as the searching and the security and bla bla bla. But I don't think it's fair to advertise one thing, and then turn around and do something else. Regardless of it being their club. Info on flyers and e-mails should be clear and precise. It shouldn't be confusing. Lots of dumbasses go to System, they deserve the same respect (most of the time), as the smarties.

It's pretty easy to say "if you don't like it, don't go". But people come from all over the place to go to System, what happens when they arrive at the club after driving for 90 minutes and things are different then what they were expecting?

Meh. I got in for free, so I don't really care. [​IMG]

Ming.

15. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

Fleaflo and I are gonna suck with the rest of the Breathe crew and play from midnight - 2am in the backroom [​IMG]

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

16. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

This is easily one of the only reasons I'll got to System, Good Beatz from Great Djz

Kyfe

17. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

but RJ45,

people don't like being lied to.

private club or not.

its just low.

18. Libradragon

Libradragon TRIBE Promoter

I wouldn't even be going to system PERIOD, if it wasn't for Fleaflo and SilverRobot in the back room. Luke and Carlos in the back room is a draw for me as well. DJs such as Deep Dish, Lawler spinning at system USED to entice me, but not anymore. I find that the whole experience of seeing them is ruined slightly by the fact that it's held at System.

it's a cyclical thing....people just get tired of the same old bullshit. I remember when Breathe first started and we used to go every weekend to hype the place up coz it had promise. Now......meh.

19. Che

Che Well-Known Member

How am I suppose to launch my superstar DJ career now without that back room anymore?

20. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

find a club with a half decent sound system and some open nights. there you go already 2 steps ahead of system.

Kyfe

21. AdRiaN

AdRiaN TRIBE Member

I've learned to always expect shenanigans from any club if you show up after 12am. Whether it's un-announced increases in cover, or a refusal to honour passes, or a closed guestlist, or ending of drink deals, or a full coat-check ... these problems always pop up after midnight.

I'm not necessarily defending BREATHE on this one, but it seems to be a fairly common practice throughout clubland. Like I said, if you're planning on arriving somewhere after midnight, especially for special events, then always maintain a healthy level of skepticism.

--------------
    AdRiaN

22. Moez

Moez TRIBE Member

People who arrived before midnight were presented with the same kind of shenanigans though. so I just don't understand how the entire thing works is all.

23. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Hmm, ok so my first post wasn't quite what I wanted to say. What I'm saying here is that people should stop going if they feel that they aren't being treated poorly, but don't expect the management to cater to your every whim when the place is going to be packed in any case. If the night is being run poorly by System and/or Breathe then it will (or should) eventually catch up with them in the form of attendance drop off. And clubs die really quickly in this city. However, like I said, they have the right to run the club how they see fit, and as long the place is packed then don't expect things to change.

When people are willing to pay anyway, it's very tempting to change the rules at the door or not include all the details on the flyer. Unfortunately, there are very few clubs in my experience that are run right along the straight and narrow and don't throw in shenanigans on a regular basis.

- Sam

24. RJ45

RJ45 TRIBE Member

Doh. [​IMG]

25. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

RJ45, i agree that people should not complain if they keep attending the club.
    HOWEVER, isn't it better to voice your extremely valid complaints about a club's practices in hopes that the owners/promoters would listen and accomodate their clientele's needs as opposed to just waiting for the place to go down in flames?

its always better to improve something if you can.

i think that if Breathe and System were more reliable about door prices, people would feel better about going there.

i know that i dislike being dicked around like that.