Break Away Tours

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Karim, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Anyone ever take a trip with this company? Good times? Bad times? Overpriced for what you get or is it a steal?

It seems wicked from what I read and what my friends tell me (but my friends are narrow minded so their opinion means nothing)

Thanks
    Karim

2. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

From what I've heard, everyone who goes (to Daytona) with Break Away tours has a great time.

Then again, they were all in high school going on their first trip and probably didn't have anything better to compare it to.

In general when it comes to travel, I've always found from experience that you get what you pay for.

3. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

well, they have some good deals.
    my friend got 10 people to go on a trip to Montreal, and Breakaway tours gave her her trip for free.

other than that I've heard nothing much, just that it is a good service if your looking for all the transportation strings and wutnot taken care of.

4. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

I went to Quebec City in High School with Breakaway tours. Overall it was five of the best days of my life!

It's a pretty proffesional company - we really didn't have any problems with them. They hooked up transportation, hotels and a tour guide. They set up a bunch of activities, but nothing was mandatory. I thought the price was reasonable as well.

The good thing is that usually they are booking the same trip, at the same hotels, at the same time, for tons of groups -so you end up going into one big huge party.

5. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

I went in my last year of jigh school to Quebec City. It was great. I think we paid 300 bucks or so, and stayed for 5 nights or so and got the bus there and back. They had shuttle buses to and from skiing, hockey games, shopping, stuff like that. You could also just wander and whatnot, we pretty much just drank. In the rooms, at the bars. It was a pretty insane week. Total fun! Chickies galore!

One side note, I think we paid a $25 deposit fee, don't plan on getting that back. Some of the losers on the trip wrecked a bunch of shit in the hotel. The bus ride home sucked it as well.

hope this helps.
    Dave

6. simpletee

simpletee TRIBE Member

i worked as a bus captain/guide for one of the quebec city trips a couple years ago... it's pure madness i tell you... if you're ON the trip, it's amazing fun... if you're a bus captain, it's not as amazing...
    still had some good times though... :)

7. -Mercury-

-Mercury- TRIBE Member

well, i've gone to daytona twice and quebec city once with them and had a great time each and every time. :D

8. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

i went on the quebec trip twice..

the first time we got all these microdots..

my buddy got deported from quebec for setting himself onfire in the hallway ... he was ok.. only his legs were on fire..

we also had a nirvana 'rape me' sing along on the bus on the way up..

i messed around with many girls..

and got very drunk..

it was fun..

v..abstractdatatype

[​IMG]

9. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Hah, you guys make Breakaway seem like a God Send!!

Where was I the last couple of years?!?!

Thanks for all the input guys.

When I asked my friends about breakaway, their response was not about the trip itself but of the chick's that they laid. Sure I'm interested in meeting ladies, but I also wanna check out Sona and Stereo.

Once again, thanks alot.

:cool: <------- Ready to party!!
    Karim

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Keep in mind these are in Montreal, not Quebec City (I dont know if B.T. goes to Montreal).

These pretty much sum up my experiences. Never before and never after have I been on such a bender...

"When I was 17..."

11. BreakzBroad

BreakzBroad Well-Known Member

breakaway tours is so fun!!1 I went to montreal, and it was a wikkid time! U have options that they set up for u, but u don't have to feel obligated to go! u can do whatever u want. The tour guides are usually young, and end up partying with u!!! ARe guy was wikkid :D

*jen*

12. Stormshadow

Stormshadow TRIBE Member

Haven't heard that word in a looooong time.