Being set up

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Little1, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

These ladies I work with have all determined that I need a girlfriend and have taken it upon themselves to find one for me. In the past few days, I've seen pictures of not only their daughters, but their daughter's friends as well. What this is all about I have no idea. As far as I know, I don't have "Charity Case" written on my forehead. I don't need a girlfriend, and I definitely don't need to be set up.
    It is rather amusing though...

2. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

If the girls are pretty, then why not? :D

3. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

hook a brotha' up!

4. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

Its not a question of them being pretty, its the whole principle of the thing. I don't think I have a problem meeting girls, actually I know I don't. It just screams PITY, and I definitely don't need that.

5. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

You could look at it the other way. Maybe they have pretty anti-social daughters and show pity on THEM rather then you.

:)
    Karim

6. starr

starr TRIBE Member

you're from whitby that explains everything
    i'm just kidding, i used to be from whitby
    but i moved because everyone i used to know there is now married
    whitby doesn't like single people, trust me :)

honestly, i think you should just have some fun
    dates can be fun...really
    just go out with one of them (to make them happy)
    and if you get along with her great
    and if you hate the experience, then just tell your well-meaning co-workers that you gave their idea a shot, but you just weren't into it and thank them for trying

how bad could it be?

7. matty

matty TRIBE Member

Hey, I grew up in Whitby too (Anderson High Class of 94:cool: )

I agree that whitby is not the place for a single twenty something to live. I haven't lived there in 8 years but what I hear from the few friends that have stuck around doesn't sound too inspiring.

8. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

what y'all need to do is stop mutha fuckin' bashin Whitby.

:D

its the "home of the Marigold" :p

(m.m - you went to Anderson aswell??? )

9. vench

vench TRIBE Promoter

what have you got to lose? Something good might come of it, although, something worse might come of it too.

vench <----be very, very careful young Skywalker........

10. matty

matty TRIBE Member

Sure did. You an ACVI alumni too? When did you graduate?

11. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

yeah man, i think it was 92' dude...

:)

12. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

If you want them to stop, just politely and innocently ask if they have any naked pictures of their daughters.

13. matty

matty TRIBE Member

You must know Derek (<-techno forum) then. Anderson seems to pop out a fair number of techno lovers... well only 3 that I know of now but who's counting.

14. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

Doug, you graduated??? Strange!

:D

15. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

It true, its true... Whitby sucks the life out of you. Great place to raise kids, but for teens and people in their twenties, its hell. There's nothing to do here unless you want to go to the same old bars and see all those people you hated from highschool. We do have an AMC though. Whoo Hoo!

16. funkNstyle

funkNstyle Well-Known Member

I dont see it as pitty dude..
    Girls love doin that shit all the time... in hope that they'll accomplish something good perhaps?

Im not sure why, but its just like the "oh you 2 are so cute" phrase they always say.

I think they just wanna be respnosible for hookin some up and have it turn out good.

Or maybe they think u need to get laid? :p but i dont think they'd volunteer their daughters for booty.

Jonny

17. tEkKiD

tEkKiD TRIBE Promoter

little one

you son of a bitch Stefan....

we live O so fucking close , why the fuck dont we get together , drink some beer, play some records and whine about how much Whitby sucks sometime ;)

call me bro, or email me and link a brotha up wit yo' numba..

take it eZ

doug.:cool:

18. mcbee

mcbee TRIBE Member

my roommate got set up on a date by someone she works with.

that was 2 1/2 years ago...they are getting married in july:D:D

you never know till ya try!! give it a shot!
    :)sarah

19. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known Member

exactly, my girlfriend is always talking about how she hooked up this one couple that's been together for 3 years and how they're engaged and everything. she is also trying to hook up every friend i have with someone. not that any of my friends want that, she just takes it upon herself to envision the perfect match for everyone. you just have to get used to stuff like that.

20. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

All girls want to be Chuck Woolery.

Cheers ... Ian :)

21. Little1

Little1 TRIBE Member

Re: little one

yo doug, your email isn't in your profile, or rather it says "this function has been disabled by the administrator"