Beer

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Guest, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

I wish clubs in Toronto sold Moosehead (the best Canadian beer IMO).

2. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

nesta, moosehead tastes like pee!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Everything about this post makes me love you.

4. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

You think? What is wrong with me? [​IMG]

I still love my Moosehead.

Jane, those steamed mussels sound wonderful!

5. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

DIfferent beers for different places.

My favourite beer from the beer festival was the Rosemary Ginger beer from the Church brewery. Oh God that was good. Mad ups to the beer fest crew.

"It's like Oktoberfest, but without the pretense of culture to get drunk."

As for drinkability on long term bases (when I say long term, I really do honestly mean long term... I am more of a marathon drinker than a sprinter...) I would have to recommend "Carribean Sun", which was the beer of Cuba at the time. VERY drinkable, fruity, but dry...?

The all purpose best beer though is Blue. There is no need to put one's nose high in the air for crappy beers like Sleemans (ale should not stink when warm) just because they are 'microbrewed'.

Guinness sucks. It tastes poor, is overpriced (especially since it is now brewed here in Toronto), and to boot is less than %5.

Oh bad memories of Steam Whistle. I mean, I liked the beer.... but.... It was the death of me at OM, when all those people backed out of helping us with the keg.... I think it was my mission to dirnk that keg... and, except for the few free beers given out here and there, it was successful... but man.. that was literally 72 hours of uninterrupted beer drinking; with enough drugs to keep me awake. I swear I sat in that (oh so comfy) chair and just one after the other worked on emptying that keg. Apparently there was a music festival going on too....

Ah, that is all.

-jM
    A&D

6. PlumRidge

PlumRidge TRIBE Member

Pass a Cosmopolitan martini this waaay please.......

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Anybody try Carib?

I had that in Grenada...might have had something to do with the scorching heat, but that stuff went down really nicely.

8. Cannabus

Cannabus TRIBE Member

9. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Actually they were lumberjacks who sold their souls to the devil in order to go back home for one night and bisit their families - Unfortunately, the deal went sour and the satanic flying canoe crashed [​IMG] It's pretty nasty tasting stuff too. I'd go for RaftMan by the same brewery (my birthday beer of choice [​IMG])

I'd personally go with Smithwicks, Steamwhisle, Creemore (only draught though), Fifty or Budweiser.

10. R4V4G3D_SKU11S

R4V4G3D_SKU11S TRIBE Member

Forgot to mention Heineiken and Hemp beer.

11. rudebwoy

rudebwoy TRIBE Member

<--knows how to make the ladies scream his name...

12. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

someone mention my name?

mmmmm, beer. god's gift to thirst.

started out as a Canadian fan - ya, ya, it was a highschool thing. the that switched to Labatt ICE for quite some time, which i'll still have once in a while just for the alcohol content.

current favs include:
    sleeman cream ale - for the home
    Huether's Wertzberger (sp?), unfortunately it leaves you with a nasty hangover. So i'll switch to their Cream Ale or Honey Brown.
    Algonquin Honey Brown
    Caffrey's - for the pub, or home.
    Miller Genuine Draft - for the lighter moments
    Labatt Blue - for the bar
    Keiths, Becks, Export - for variety.

i'll try most beer and only balk at malts - i just don't like the soy sauce flavour.

--craig

13. joey

joey TRIBE Member

is there beer at Oktoberfest? [​IMG]