1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us! alexd
    Dismiss Notice

BEE STINGS, how do you get the stinger out if you cant see it?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by fear_of_fours, Aug 15, 2007.

1. fear_of_fours

fear_of_fours TRIBE Member

i just got stung by a bee for the first time last night on the way to work on my finger

it is very painful

the internet keeps telling me to REMOVE THE STINGER but i dont see any stinger. :( maybe it was a wasp that stung me and they dont leave a stinger? it aches and burns i am quite surprised how much it hurts.

what happens if i dont remove the stinger?

my finger was swollen i could hardly bend it :( WAAAH
  2. spaboy

spaboy TRIBE Member

Just lather some mud on the area & when it dries & hardens it extracts the stinger
  3. graham

graham Well-Known TRIBEr

just duct tape it and hope for the best
  4. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

damn I came in here to say the same thing. great minds think alike!
  5. ian

ian TRIBE Member

It's pretty much curtains for you. Do I have your number in my phone?
  6. fear_of_fours

? what
  7. fear_of_fours

i actually thought about putting tape on it

how far does a stinger go in? maybe i hit it out of me when i hit the bee off me?
  8. Beer babe

Beer babe TRIBE Member

post a pic of it!
  9. Michlerish

Michlerish Well-Known TRIBEr

If you can't see the stinger, it's not there. You would definitely see it.

If it was there, you should use a credit card to scrap it out. DO NOT use tweezers because you'll squeeze the bee's poison into your skin and it wiill swell up like a mofo (and be really itchy).
  10. SJN

SJN TRIBE Member

pour water on it
  11. Snuffalupagus

Snuffalupagus TRIBE Member

There is no stinger in there. You're just being a wuss. Go get some after bite stuff at the drug store and quit whining.
  12. keld

keld TRIBE Member

13. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

find one of these, wet it, place over the sting site and it should draw it out.
  14. kline

kline TRIBE Member

wasps and bumble bees don't leave their stinger in you. hornets and normal bees kinda die when they sting and you'll see it clearly in your arm... you can't really miss it unless you're so swollen from it that your arm is kinda like a marshmellow, in which case you wouldn't be asking tribe.

you should be fine!
  15. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

SRSly we need pics.
  16. fear_of_fours

i cant imagine kids getting stung by a bee they would be SO upset. it hurts dudes!
  17. xsre

xsre TRIBE Member

Yuh, I got stung on the back of my toe on the weekend and it STILL is itchy.

18. Michlerish

Michlerish Well-Known TRIBEr

I got stung on my middle finger in grade 7... hurt like crazy, then they spent 15 minutes scraping it with a Zellers card to get the stinger out. My middle finger and part of my hand swole up like a balloon... it was all purple and shiny from the skin being so taught.
    I remember going to the Western Fair and everytime I grabbed on to a handle or railing on a ride, my middle finger was out because I couldn't bend it.
  19. fear_of_fours

mine isnt itchy at all

it burns and aches

does the itchy come later?
  20. fear_of_fours

Yes Bending Is An Issue
  21. Hi i'm God

Hi i'm God TRIBE Member

Turns out you are discribing my papercut exactly.
  22. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

pour water on it ?
  23. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

yeah, if you can't see it in you, it wasn't a bee.

it was a wasp or the like

just put something on it like AfterBite or an ice cube to take down the swellign
  24. SellyCat

SellyCat TRIBE Member

But seriously, you may want to phone your family doc and get some reliable advice. Not that someone in here isn't right, but it's better to be sure.
  25. fear_of_fours

yes maybe it was a wasp.