1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Bedrock 3 - Mixed By Chris Fortier

Discussion in 'Progressive Room' started by C-NiCE, Mar 14, 2002.

1. C-NiCE

C-NiCE TRIBE Promoter

Anyone else catch this cat at System? I thought he stole the show from Cass but that's just my opinion. This looks to be another solid CD from Bedrock!

CD1
    Universal Agents - Solomonic Agents
    Jay Tripwire - Caught With My Pants Down
    Blh3 - Marscater (Debo & Porter Remix)
    Thomas Penton & Luis Dura - Control Factor (Justin Obrien & Jonathan Dub)
    Choc Electrique - Edge Of Time (Illinton Mix)
    Haris - Touched By Dub
    Dearboy - Greyclouds (Drum Club Remix)
    Hamel / Swain & Snell - Future (Mix One)
    Ben Camp - Timewreck
    Ben Camp - Timecrash (Mara Remix)
    Meat Katie - My Little Dancing Girl
    Sunscape & Chris Dee - Generik (Chab Remix)

CD2
    Women Of Color - Elemental
    Deep C & Randall Jones - The One
    Kolo - Nova
    Dan Morris & Shylock - Gasp
    Steve Porter & John Debo - Deported (Mix 2)
    Tszpun - Lost Language
    Amani Vs Teapot - Wise Man Speaks
    Steve Porter - Nordica
    Coco daSilva - At Night
    Graham & Porter - Two Days On Lansdowne
    Angel Morales - Turn It Up (I-jack Remix)
    Chris Fortier - Losing Wait (Instrumental)

Out April 15th (UK) TBC (Rest Of World)

Chris

2. Viceroy

Viceroy TRIBE Member

I agree with you, Fortier is top notch. He is a damn cool guy too...as I would be if I was getting my hands on vinyls months earlier than most.

I can't wait to hear this one!

Peace,
    Steve

3. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

remember this name. he's gonna be huge in about 6 months. dude is from vancouver, and all the big jocks are playing his tunes. some deep tribal progressive tech business.

4. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

This looks wicked...i love the stuff Steve Porter and Thomas Penton put out...stellar work.

5. noahmintz

noahmintz TRIBE Member

I'm just passing through ... don't mind me

stu

6. Trini

Trini TRIBE Member

it doesn't sound too bad my first listen thru.

7. Viceroy

Viceroy TRIBE Member

Almost done with the 2nd disc....the first one was good, but a little bit off from what I usually expect from Mr. Fortier.

Solid stuff none the less.

Peace,
    Steve

8. Trini

Trini TRIBE Member

yes yes....totally what I thought. Not Fortier's style at all. I expect a lil more trancy stuff from him. I question if that's actually him mixing these tracks.

still a great album.

9. Viceroy

Viceroy TRIBE Member

^^^I read on progressive sounds.com that he "mixed" the album in Debo's studio...and that he also helped him "edit" the cd. Who knows if it was actually him or not^^^

Was looking for some more trance too! :(

Peace,
    Steve

10. Trini

Trini TRIBE Member

sounds like something Diggers would produce. from what I heard, in Global Clubbing and his Balance promo cd's, I was expecting "non-cheese" trance; something he has been able to pull off quite well in the past. Iono about the rest of you, but there isn't a "push" factor in this album from which I am used to.

I didn't think he totted these kind of records in his crates. :)

11. Che

Che TRIBE Member

FYI, it's a pro tools mix

12. Trini

Trini TRIBE Member

anybody can do that !

are you serious?

13. Che

Che TRIBE Member

Yeah. Its not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, you should just expect more from Pro Tools mixes. And no, not anyone can just do it. Its a skill all to its own. Trust me.

14. I love it. Chuggs along nicely and another fine addtion to the Bedrock CD catalogue.

From the Ministry of goddam good. Love the first disc.

Prime Minsiter Highsteppa

15. MB

MB TRIBE Member

i've given the second disc several listens and i really enjoy...i'd never heard anything by fortier before, so i don't care whether he's 'supposed' to be playing trance or not...its a good mix, especially around 25 minutes in where he plays deported...

mason.

16. Cameron

Cameron TRIBE Member

shazz this is a good compilation. An excellent addition to the fantastic JVM discs and helps me forget about the lackluster Digweed comp.

Deported kicks ass.

17. C-NiCE

C-NiCE TRIBE Promoter

WOW! I really love this CD. Tracks flow effortlessly into each other and are all top notch. No filler here boys and girls. I guess this is what you get when you can choose from the newest songs months before ayone else has heard them. The only way to improve this disc would be to pitch it up just a bit, especially disc 2. Sweet.

Chris

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I gave disc 1 a few listens, but since I heard disc 2, its all I've been spinning for the past 2 days.

You're exactly right when you use the word "chugs". Good pacer album for whatever it is you're doing. Work in my case, today.