1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Bal en blanc 8 - Montreal??!

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by JayBrain, Mar 20, 2002.

1. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

Oh my god.. I just heard about this party.. I'm not sure if it's worth the $75 for one night.. but P.V.D I think would be worth it.

Anyone been to this party before?

I'm thinking of going Sunday March 31st... 10pm to Noon April 1st

2. Guest

Guest Guest

514 always throws outstanding parties, but I'm not a huge fan of the DJs anymore. Deep Dish is playing too, but I was extremely dissapointed in Sharam in Waterloo.

Don't forget to wear white. Even though its after labour day. Or is it before? Fuck if I know.

3. Fin.K.L

Fin.K.L TRIBE Member

$75!!?
    I heard that Bal en blanc is a good party but, i'm not a filthy rich... :(

btw PVD came to TO time to time. ;)

4. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

I've been to 4 Bal en Blanc parties and I can tell you that the effort put in to these parties is insane! I do think they have started to go down hill a bit (I say that simply because the party has become so huge that the 'vibe' has started to suffer), however the production is getting more and more outrageous (along with the cost) and no matter how huge this thing gets, there is no other party like this one. People come from all over (I met some people form Berlin 2 years ago who flew in just for the party) for this thing. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't been before. The 75 bucks will be forgotten I'm sure when you get inside. Everything is over the top - especially people's costumes/outfits. Make sure you wear white as Tearer mentioned. You might feel a little out place if you don't.

In summary, I think everyone should check this party out at least once.

5. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

Eastern bloc has them for sale for $77 (sur charge) Or should I pay at the door? I guess it would be safer to buy them in advance eh

6. huggs946

huggs946 TRIBE Member

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I heard they have em at the great white north outlet.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, don't I feel like a retard. Someone throw me a helmet, stat.

9. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

I attended a couple. They were both very good. As people alluded to, the level of production is amazing. No expense is saved for lighting and sound.

Additionally, people make a real effort to go dressed in all white for this party. Looks amazing when you look over the crowd.

I would say check it out....plus Luke Fair is now confirmed in the opening slot.

10. Che

Che TRIBE Member

He'll be at the official White Pre-Party at Living on the Sunday

11. Nesta

Nesta TRIBE Member

say what?! nice won guy! :)

12. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Don't foget Bob Sinclair, Q-bert, DJ Craze, and others. As for Deep Dish, I think they're better when they're together.

Pete

13. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

I'm going... going to be a wikked weekend...

14. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

I'm saving up my pennies... I'll have to need to.. gas money, ticket price, party favours, and other expenses while I'm there.. may shall be an expensive Sunday for sure!!!!!!!

I've been told no cameras.. true?

15. Boo

Boo TRIBE Member

I went to Montreal 2 years ago on a ski trip. We spent 4 nights in Montreal and never took the skis out of the car or saw a single ski hill!

Such a great city :)

16. Temper Tantrum

Temper Tantrum TRIBE Member

The thursday before that weekend is Sasha and Digweed, the the next night you got Infected mushroom. Then two days later the big Bal en Blanc party with PVD and Deep Dish etc.

Unfortunately I have to go home for easter :( And I"m a broke ass mofo as it is. I'm still checking out S+D though! Wouldn't miss that one for the world.

~allie~

17. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Not only no cameras, but no bags as well! a lot of girls will be pissed over that one...

18. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Question to all the people who've been to bal en blanc before... how was the crowd? did it feel like a gay party?... I only ask because I have a couple of friends who won't stop complaining about how it's going to be like a gay party... I could really care less about the crowd, I'm there to hear the music... but I think they're way off on their estimates, they say 50% or more... I'd like to hear from some people who have actually been to bal en blanc so I can tell them to shut the fuck up...

19. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

tell my friends to shut the fuck up I mean :D

20. sentence

sentence TRIBE Promoter

There is a pretty strong gay presence at the parties but you can tell your friends that for every gay fella at the party there will be a gorgeous half naked woman (picture girls wearing nothing but a g-string and crazy white, thigh-high boots, -mind you you might find a few guys in matching outfits!). Anyways, just tell your friends they're wrong. Once they get in there I'm sure they'll have fun.

21. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Exactly... I know there will be more than enough sexy ladies to occupy my attention... ah well, if they can't loosen up a bit and have a good time then it's their own problem, and their own $70 down the drain...

22. Gizmo

Gizmo TRIBE Member

I think due to just how big the BBCM parties have become the crowd at Black and Blue and White is pretty much a 50-50 gay / hetero split. (red might be more a 70 / 30 split)

the crew we used to go with were all straight, and you never felt awkward there or out of place. everyone is there to party and have a good time.

plus, they've become very serious about clamping down on sex acts at the party itself.

23. JayBrain

JayBrain TRIBE Member

LOL.. I have yet to be at any party and see this!!!
    hahah.. I guess I go to all the wrong parties!!