1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

*** Ascension 18 ***

Discussion in 'Event Reviews' started by Persephone, May 26, 2001.

1. Persephone

Persephone TRIBE Member

Amazing night! Adam of Lab 4 was one of the most entertaining DJ's I've seen in a loooong time. People were resurrected from the dead from along the sides of the dance floor when he started playing with the tables. [​IMG]

OS/2 also threw down a wicked set...nice job [​IMG]

Overall, one of the best Ascensions that I've ever been too. I just want to thank Scooby, Marko, Niall, Bob (your liquiding is getting so good! [​IMG]), and Jason for an awesome night. Love you guys!

One one beef - that damn smoke alarm that kept going off all night...so annoying because the high-pitched tone usually didn't match the beat of the music at all.

Otherwise, CONGRATULATIONS DESTINY ON A JOB VERY WELL DONE!!!!

2. pb4ugo2bed

pb4ugo2bed TRIBE Member

Destiny.....Please hire security next time that do not grope...you know the boys, the family jewels, my only reason for living.

I don't think it was really necessary to grab....massage.....and put back in place.

Other than that music was good! Was a little bit boring until Adam of lab 4 hit the decks....but i was tired by then and jetted.

Overall it wasn't the best and it wasn't the worst party i've been to.

3. cosmiK-Cat

cosmiK-Cat TRIBE Member

Yep- the music selection was indeed a little dull until Adam came on-musta been those sexy black plastic pants- Whoo Hoo!!

Nice little party-wicked to go outside for fresh air...amazed at the number of people there from out of town.

Always nice people, no additude!

J-->happy someone found her b-day slippers!

4. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

I dunno what party Persephone was at, but it definetly wasn't Ascenion 18.

That venue is crap... It made me feel like I'm at some grade 8 school dance. It reeks too. The outdoor area was kind of nice... too bad it was cold, and they couldn't set up the soundsystem outside because of the wetness.

The crowd was mostly the usual ascension people... although there were a lot more bored/disinterested faces than usual.

Lori was a bit on the boring side, but it was a nice change from super-cheesy trance... I dunno if it was her or the equipment, but a lot of her mixes weren't all that great. Adam from Lab4 was pretty entertaining... too bad Lab4 couldn't do an all-out live performance. I've heard they're absolutely amazing when performing. Dr. Trance also played an excellent early-morning set, but I was too tired by then to really dance.

Anyway, it was the worst ascension so far (for me) but I still managed to have a mildly good time. I'm looking forward to the boat cruise next month. If it's anything like the last one, then it'll be damn good.

5. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

I dunno what party Persephone was at, but it definetly wasn't Ascenion 18.

That venue is crap... It made me feel like I'm at some grade 8 school dance. It reeks too. The outdoor area was kind of nice... too bad it was cold, and they couldn't set up the soundsystem outside because of the wetness.

The crowd was mostly the usual ascension people... although there were a lot more bored/disinterested faces than usual.

Lori was a bit on the boring side, but it was a nice change from super-cheesy trance... I dunno if it was her or the equipment, but a lot of her mixes weren't all that great. Adam from Lab4 was pretty entertaining... too bad Lab4 couldn't do an all-out live performance. I've heard they're absolutely amazing when performing. Dr. Trance also played an excellent early-morning set, but I was too tired by then to really dance.

Anyway, it was the worst ascension so far (for me) but I still managed to have a mildly good time. I'm looking forward to the boat cruise next month. If it's anything like the last one, then it'll be damn good.

6. Gunark

Gunark TRIBE Member

oops double post

7. bubbleboie

bubbleboie New Member

Because I'm sketchy and lazy and going to another party, here's my cut and paste of my review from elsewhere:

Well, I get to the party around 10:15 and there's a line-up. Yet again, the party is starting late. It's raining on us poor kiddies, but we're making the best of it. That line-up was a lot of fun (TIMMAY!)

So they finally let us in. Get downstairs and everyone who's gone through security looks like their mother died or something. I soon find out why... WOW! I haven't been that molested since the last time I was macking someone! It seems security *really* wanted to know if I had anything in my pants (which I didn't).

Things turned worse when a friend's digital camera was taken away. That prevented me from taking mine out, so for the first Ascension in a long time, no pics.

The third disappointment of the night, no Paladin. Hmm... since when does space-suit man do this?

The sets:

DragnFly got the night started with his usual kick-ass set. I don't know why this guy didn't close the show, he should have, he's best at that, but it's all good. It was also cool to finally meet you! Now you won't be able to elude me anymore! hehehehehehe

The set of the night goes to Lori. Every time I hear her spin, my jaw just hits the ground. Hard beats, and always a smile on her face.

Adam from Lab 4. I was all hyped for his set and left somewhat disappointed. I don't know what it was, but something was lacking. The skills were there and the tracks too, but I dunno... maybe I'm just on craq or something.

OS/2 and Dr Trance were their usual selves.

To sum it up, I give this Ascension a rating of 8.5, but thanks to security and the camera issue, that goes down to a 7. Definitly not the best Ascension, but not the worst.

8. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

there were pluses and minuses to this party...

pluses

Lab 4.. big plus..

Dancing space... there was tons of room..

the transvestite (see general forum)

rico suave by the decks..

minuses

Paladin.. you suck buddy.. that was beyond boring...

Security.. you would think grabbing my balls one time would be adequate...

..thanxs to robin, ilia, and bob for making my night fun..

shouts out to jory aka elixir.. nice to see you on the dancefloor..

i give this party 8/10

v..abstractdatatype

9. Jason Marshall

Jason Marshall TRIBE Member

ADT

Paladin never showed so he couldn't have sucked. [​IMG]

Peace, Jason.

10. ADT

ADT TRIBE Member

Im actually relieved.. because every time ive seen paladin/sos he fuking rocked (big let down.. pissed off)... so who was spinning in paladins slot???

im sorry.. but when the highlight of your set is zombie nation.. im just not impressed... my friends spin better shit than that..

v..abstractdatatype

11. Destiny Productions

Destiny Productions TRIBE Promoter

Thanks to all that made it out last Friday - I think it ws a real nice end to the use of that space...

As for the extra tight security check, we asked them to calm down a bit when we found out how thurough and slow they were going and things sped up considerably. It was the first (AND LAST) time we used this company, so no worries for the future. As for Paladin, he was sick and unable to make it down. I'm he will make it up to all of us at WEMF.

See you next month for the boat cruise!

OS/2