Anyone Care to see a digital Illustration I did?

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by TaCk OnE?, Jan 28, 2002.

1. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

its ok...

whats with the plug?

p[l]a+0

2. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

nice execution Damon!

but I find the composition a bit weak.. my eye can't move around the image, it falls to your body at the bottom and just stays there.

It may have worked better if you didn't chop yourself in half..maybe slice yourself down the side or something.

as for the illustration itself, really nice..

3. Ditto Much

Ditto Much TRIBE Member

4. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

testing out my new webhosting.. i dont know if it'll let me remote host... we'll see!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

true

plus the top half feels tacked on, or like its part of a different work.
    doesnt quiet work as a whole.

p[l]a+0

6. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

haha...it's ok, duh...care to elaborate chochie?

it's actually 24x36, so it works better as a piece when it's that large.

and your eye is supposed to remain on the subject and the tag behind...the top portion is meant to be a seprerate entity entirely.

with a lot of graffiti based work, elements are seperated to distinguish thier roles...they are boxed off, or closed from the main subject on purpose...

I could really explain why...but for someone who was as rude as you were, why bother.

granted I did say both good or bad, however, when I said that, I was looking more for construtive critism than half assed comentary from a nobody on the internet.

7. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

^^^perhaps that sounded rude.

I'm dyeing for a smoke, and I'm a little upity right now.

my apologies...really.

8. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

*nudge*

[​IMG]

9. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

'what's with the plug' is a valid question [​IMG]

10. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

is it just me, or is Damon being nicer as of late?

11. Aphrodite

Aphrodite TRIBE Member

yeah.. he's not the same bad ass junglist he used to be. but he's still fuck'n cute!

12. CC

CC TRIBE Member

patrick that was damn sweet as well.

shawn

13. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

thanks cc.. i dont have any really set style in graff.. in fact, i pretty much suck at it... but dont tell anyone.

(that time i just got lucky) heh.. but i'm happy with the result.

here's another... not quite as nice, and pretty illegible alltugether.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

so i have the guts to say something other than "oh my god, its amazing!" and other such phrases of exclamation and wonder and you get upset with me for not elaborating?
    they didnt elaborate either.

you want elaboration? i could give you an indepth elaborate response to why i am not very fond of your work, but then i woudl be seen as spiteful and not giving you my honest criticism on your work.
    i woudl have have done that in my initial post but i feared it woudl sound like i was putting you down, which i didnt want to do.

but then agian, i am one hell of a perfectionist, and i tend to nit pick and scrutinize my work and the works of others.

-----

side note

whenever someone posts a work of theirs on the board i find everyone to always be giving positive comments and support, which is great, but many who arent in agreeance with those peopels opinions usually keep quiet because they dont want to seem evil or something.
    its constructive criticism, yet no one ever has the guts to really say they arent feeling that mix, or liking the way their eye is drawn to certain parts of a picture, out of fear of upsetting the "tbk"
    the only time i have ever noted criticism has been 2wice
    once i made a few comments how the reeds in kife's train pic looked too flat to me and not as real looking as a tree in the background
    another time was when d.code expressed his dislike of a certain artists works...but that was done on a seperate board even.

anyways...constructive criticism doesnt happen enough here.
    you may think you're helpign the person by telling them its great and such, but if in your honest opinion you see errors upon which things can be improved you should say so.
    i woudl certainly appreciate if someone helped me make my art better.

blah

end rant

btw, tack, i would add some expression to that face, make it less manaquin like.

p[l]a+0

15. KiFe

KiFe TRIBE Member

hear hear!

[​IMG]

16. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

haha..that's fine...

really man, it's pretty subjective stuff anyhow...

the piece has a lot more detail when it's larger that's lost here.

I'll try working a bit more with it later.

the plug was added as a metaphore for both walls (graffiti) and for the digital execution of the piece....ie the trasition between an exterior based art form into the digital realm.

I'll post some reworked shit later....need a better image hosting site too....should be a lot larger.

Pat....I'll scan and post some graffiti shit I did when I used to paint later tonight for sure.

no worries.

ez.

17. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

bwah?

I'm allways sugar and spice and everything nice...in the manliest way possible of course.

18. SUNKIST

SUNKIST TRIBE Member

re:the meanest way possible [​IMG]

19. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

I'm not "mean"...I'm afectionatly abrasive!

[​IMG]

20. Guest

Guest Guest

nice job Tack