another thread about timmy's....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Rosey, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

i think i've figured out why, or part of why, timmy's is so addictive, when you peal back the tab on the lid so you can drink the remaining edges are quite jagged and angled up, moreso than i've ever noticed with any other lid. i suspect that this is intentionally designed to create tiny cuts on our lips to allow coffee to enter our bloodstream directly.

and good work, i say! that's the tim horten's corporation for you, always thinking about our needs. :D

and WAHOOO! it's friday, i let myself have a choc-chip muffin instead of the usual low fat, whole wheat carrot.

and i won a cookie yesterday in the roll up! :D

2. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

Damn....

I'm on coffee # 11 now I think since the new contest started.

NOTHING

oh yeah and the Tim Horton girls told me today for the Envoy, you only win it for one year then you have to buy it out at the end of the year.

How gay is that.

I think I'll stick with donuts, muffins, begals and CASH!!!!

3. labRat

labRat TRIBE Member

Re: Damn....

i don't think that's the case, if you look at the rules it doesn't say anywhere that it is just for one year:
    If that was the case I'd rather win the Sony TV since it would be worth more.

werd?

i'll have a timmy's coffee once in a while, but lately i've found that it tastes like shite. i enjoy the coffee here at work cause i can press the Strong button and it makes me a nice strong cup o' joe.

werd.

--craig

4. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

dammit, labrat beat me to it.....

but the contest rules are here if you want to check for yourself.

5. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

oh yeah, and i 'win/gagnez un biscuit/cookie' again this morning!!!! :eek:

not only is that two in a row, but it ties my best ever roll up the rim to win numbers. :D

and that is only on 8 or 9 large coffees.

6. graham

graham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I don't get it

7. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

TIMMY!

[​IMG]

8. Lil'Timmy

Lil'Timmy TRIBE Promoter

TIMMMAHHH!!!!

Oh yeah, that pic made my morning. :D

9. Preroller

Preroller TRIBE Member

^^
    nice one silver...beat me to it

TIMMY!

10. silver1

silver1 TRIBE Member

The "Timmy & The Lords of the Underworld" episode was on last night :D

Apologies for the thread hijacking. I will stop now and get back on topic.

My brother got me a bunch of Timmy's gift certificates for Christmas and I kept getting angry for not using them. But now it's good because the Roll up the Rim contest is back. Hopefully I'll win something.

11. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

i think i'll head over now and get a coffee and a walnut crunch. it looks as though the drive through is empty, so maybe the counter won't be too busy either. it's a drag living right beside a Tim's and still having to spend 15 minutes to get a crappy coffee.

12. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Damn....

I don't know if it is, that's what I was told this morning by the donut slingers.

I'll let you know for sure though after I win it. ;)

13. Smiley Jo

Smiley Jo TRIBE Member

*giggle*

All of this Timmy talk has got me looking forward to Element tonight!
    *giggle*
    Timmy P and Myka back to back, that's what makes my Friday! :D

Joanna [​IMG]

14. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: Damn....

donut slingers are generally morons who have trouble counting and doing simple math....let's face it, although there are exceptions, timmy's generally does not employee the top half of the gene pool.

example: i usually have exact change in the morning because i'm a geek and i know that my large coffee and muffin costs $2.41. if i hand the coins to the person stacked twoonie, quarter, dime, nickle, penny, they usually clue-in within 5 seconds that i have given them the right amount of money.

but should i hand them the coins stacked by size, not denomination, i.e. twoonie, quarter, nickle, penny, dime....hooo boy....up to 15 seconds of slient counting, lips moving as they do the math in their head.

i don't know who is the bigger loser, them, or me for noticing and thinking these things ;) :D

15. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

Well Rosey, not everyone working at Timmy's may be a genius but I am working at the one at my university so I will try extra hard NOT to take offense to your comment :p

On a sadder note I can't claim any roll up the rim prize I may win. And when I make myself drinks at my Timmy's I can't even use the roll up cups. NOt that I have ever won from roll up the rim anyways..I think maybe one cookie in all the years I have played!

:)Cri

16. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn....

I agree for the most part - however, I went to the one by Ryerson off Dundas yesterday and there were the nicest people there! Some guy, ethiopian maybe, a little older was actually really nice and entertaining - he was yelling how "DIS da winning cup - you get da car for sure wit dis one~!".

Funny.

17. HappyJR

HappyJR TRIBE Member

I worked at Tim hortons for a little while.

All I remember is having lots of really intimidating customers who would stare me down while I was couting change, and freak the living shit out of me, and then I'd miscount it and then they'd bitch at me...

I didn't last a month.

I guess I must not be in the top half of the bottom half of the gene pool...

18. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

:( :( ;) I was a donut slinger for three years in highschool.

It was a long time ago, so I guess I hope I've moved on the the moron status. Or does that stick with you for life? ;)

Okay so I went for my mid-morning coffee and asked another girl about the Envoy, 1 year thing, and got a different story. So it seems I was incorrect in jumping to that conclusion.

:p

19. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

wups! :eek: :eek:

no offense intended to any one of you who have or do work at timmy's. there are several students at one of my usual timmy's and they are by no means stupid.

like i said, i may be the bigger loser for having these thoughts. i've worked the service industry and god knows i've been counting on my fingers to figure out the change when i'm not having a sharp day.

but, for all of you who have worked at timmy's did you not work with some people who where so thick that they could absorb an exxon valdez size oil spill?

i dunno, maybe it is the downtown toronto thing, certainly other timmy's are well stocked with chatty, grandmother types and fresh faced youngsters. the ones in the core are not so pretty. especially at the new one on bloor, the staff is all new and every time i walk in i am reminded of grandpa simpson saying "we have fre-ench fries?".

the timmy's on bay had an all philipino staff for a year or so, that is starting to crack though. that doesn't make them dumb or anything, it just reminded me of stories i'd heard of in the states were there are mcdonalds were all the staff is black or white but not mixed.

the bottom line is i'm a mean, unfriendly, bad spirited bastard until i've had my morning coffee. (yes i am aware taht i'm addicted)

peace,
    -rosey
    (edited for grammar and spelling)

20. Lysistrata

Lysistrata Well-Known Member

Has Timmy's gotten cheaper? Not is price--in generous quantities... I don't alway get cream Cheese on my bagel, somtimes I have butter, and I notice I get less butter on my bagel now than I did in universitry, and I was wondering if it was just that the Tim's on my campus was extra generous, or if it was Timmy's cut backs... I can just imagine the memo:

It has come to the attention of management that we are averaging 8 tonnes of butter for every 50 orders of a buttered bagel. Not only does this contribute to the overall obesity of the population at large (pun not intended), but it is bankrupting the Horton's coffers in this time of extreme duress for Canadian coffeeshops. Please reduce the amount of butter you apply to the next buttered bagel order to one teaspoon. Thank you.

21. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

:p It's OK Rosey, I know what you mean. There is one grrl especially that I work with that makes the rest of us less efficient when we work with her because she is so brain-dead!:eek:

And ya..everyone working at Timmy's will sometimes make mistakes..just like anyone working at any other sort of job. Mistakes happen. Brain freezes happen. "uhh..what did you order again?" ;)

mmmmm All this Timmy's talk has made me want a coffee! :D

22. Cri

Cri TRIBE Member

UBB'D by a smilie!! :p Maybe I am not as smart as I thought ;)

23. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

:D yeah, like i mean, we do have an edit button ;)

24. Cameron

Cameron TRIBE Member

Warning: Rant

After working at Tim Hortans, I've developed a new respect for the fast food employee. So many customers come in with a bullshit attitude and just bark orders, what's with that? No need to be an asshole about it. I mean I've seen customers say some pretty nasty things to staff, and even had some old lady make a sour face and ask me specifically not to touch the coffee as it goes into the cup. What the hell?!? I was so tempted to tell her that I don't care enough about her to go out of my way to stick my thumb in her drink, get over yourself you old bag.

Their boss probably busts their balls hard enough as it is, no reason to add to that. They're just trying to make money like everyone else.

Now whenever I get timmys or any kind of fast food, I always try and make the cashier as comftorable as possible, even if they make a mistake it's cool, I understand.

25. Bean

Bean TRIBE Member

I totally do the same thing. I worked in the food service industry and it made my job a lot easier when i served polite customers, not to mention, made my help to them a bit nicer, faster, etc.

I've found that Tim Horton's is probably the best place for me (vegetarian) to grab something quick to eat. My only complaint is their soup selection. It's fantastic that you're offering 3 different soups today, but why to all of them have to be meat based? :)

Peace,

Sabina

.:. Share what you know, learn what you don't .:.