1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Andy C. vs. Marky???

Discussion in 'Jungle Room' started by Suke, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Suke

Suke TRIBE Member

FIN-ALLY ... Suke has come BACK ... to the jungle room [​IMG].

Who do you guys think is better? I keep hearing good things about Andy C. but I have never heard him. I've heard Marky twice and both times he was DangerhOuse, especially at Renegades 4 year (minus 3 year) @ that club on Mercer. Can Andy C. hang with Marky? Marky was Bad ASS at Renegades 4 year.

Who is the real President? ===========> Suke.

2. Tricky kid

Tricky kid TRIBE Member

Andy C no question...has way more dubs doesn't scratch
    pure mixing perfection at high speeds

Tricky

3. TaCk OnE?

TaCk OnE? TRIBE Member

Andy C crushes Marky.

no contest....come to bittersweet dude, and see.

4. -Rudebwoy_Chin-

-Rudebwoy_Chin- TRIBE Member

Club = Digital
    ez.

And that set was ridiculous. Best DnB set of last year.

5. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

hello suke.

marky...i own several mixes,but have yet to see the man spin...andy C is a very good mixer and has great track selection, but MARKY is MARKY...the new DJ hype does not dissapoint...i would rather see him because he is a fresh DJ with lots of tricks up his sleeve and he will reign supreme in the future....4 years,he will be the best-gaurenteed!

6. air-bag

air-bag TRIBE Member

Marky was insane @ renegades 4. I missed andy c @ idance afterparty and i'm going to miss him again @ bittersweet. glad he is coming back shortly.

7. CC

CC TRIBE Member

marky was wicked at the renegades party. i loved when he totally busted out all the softer stuff.

BUT andy c would run circles around marky. no doubt. sorry dude, but andy c is 10% better than every dj on earth.

CC

8. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

never seen Marky, but have three of his mixes and 2 of them are sketchy....but the Movement disc is wicked!

seen Andy 4 times...every time sick, especially Renegades 2 Year and Turbo(basement)

Andy for me [​IMG]

9. expat

expat TRIBE Member

M A R K Y !

10. fuzzy

fuzzy TRIBE Member

Marky knows how to scratch too the DnB, (not just the jungle hip hop beats) very refreshing!
    Never heard Andy scratch though

Both much respect!
    But Marky will take over

Richard

11. CC

CC TRIBE Member

marky is like donald glaude; an exciting show, but not technically sound enough to be #1. listen to his sets. he tries to do a lot, but it isn't half as smooth as some other djs. his live presence is half the appeal.

CC

12. Miss MacBeal

Miss MacBeal TRIBE Member

they are DIFFERENT! I have seen them both tons of times (in toronto and in the UK).

Marky is always fun, has tons of energy and gets his scratch on. Andy C is a great producer and DJ, with never any loose ends in his mixing. Plus, he's always banging out a hard set. Both great- but if i had to say for an "all-round" best, I would have to say Andy C.

13. louie

louie TRIBE Member

Andy C, but Marky is not much behind, although Marky is more fun to watch.......

14. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Where can I buy the Movement CD?

15. terrawrist III

terrawrist III TRIBE Member

thats what im talkin' about!

i would much rather see him than andy because of the fun factor...tricks are more fun than pefect mixing,but Marky's got both in the bag!

16. kate

kate TRIBE Member

She knows.

17. JEMZ

JEMZ TRIBE Member

Well shit, lets all pitch in our pennies and bring 'em both to battle it out we could do it at my house... I think that could have the making of a "set of legendary proportions".

18. J-Diddy

J-Diddy TRIBE Member

ANDY BUMBACLOT C!!!!!!

He'll murder Marky anyday.

19. AVE

AVE TRIBE Member

its pretty hard to find.......none of the big music stores carried it, but i got the one and only copy that was at Metropolis

can't help ya

20. louie

louie TRIBE Member

Whoaaa, imagine that, Marky and Andy C b2b battle for DnB supremecy, has all the makings of one of the greastes parties Toronto has ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

Audiogalaxy has it.

22. Suke

Suke TRIBE Member

Well, I'm gonna give Andy C. a listen at BitterSweet ... with tha funky mad track of records ... doin' damage when I slap ya

Renegade Souljah-4-LiFe ==========================> Suke.

23. CC

CC TRIBE Member

back to back would never work even if you could convince either of them to do it. it would sound like shit to have one guy doing smooth, long mixes then have a couple minutes of scratching and cutting then back to smooth mixes. think first, post later.

CC

24. evil homer

evil homer TRIBE Member

If i had to critique a se of each, listeing to them over and over i'd probly have to give it to Andy b/c he is an unbelievably skilled dj.

But if they were each playing one night at different clubs i'd go see marky. He plays more of the tunes i like and he's hype to see live.

25. louie

louie TRIBE Member

Relax man i was thinking. And i wasn't talking about your regular b2b, it was more like a 3 or 4 hour set with rotations every half hour to 45 minutes, geez man stop being so critical..........