am i the only one who....

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by CC, Mar 10, 2002.

1. CC

CC TRIBE Member

am i the only one who would rather see a documentary on USA funded civil wars, or the US army aiming for civilian targets?

this world trade centre thing was terrible. i could never wish that tragedy apon anyone.... BUT let's face it, that is nothing compared to what goes on every day in other countries. and the world trade centre thing is being used as a tool to strengthen the very system that caused someone to want to fly the airplanes into the building. i just hate watching someone turn a tragedy into their advantage. if you don't think that the US government isn't happy about this in the end, you'd be kidding yourselves. since sept 11th, americans have been more than willing to throw away all sense of privacy and the government now has even more support for over-funding the military.

i've just heard enough bullshit. i don't want to watch some tv station making money off someone else's misfortune. nor do i want to see the american government being given greater power to oppress other people.

i do feel for those people who lost their lives, and i think it's a terrible thing, but the world will become a much worse place because of how this event is being treated. i wonder what the death toll is in afganastan?

i guess i'd either like to hear both sides of the story, or i'd like to hear none of it at all. in this whole mess, both sides are wrong!!! a life for a life never makes things better.

Shawn

2. Syntax Error

Syntax Error Well-Known Member

no you are not the only one.

3. Trancit

Trancit TRIBE Member

the common denominator is OIL....if ya stop buying those gas guzzling SUVs and drive more fuel efficient cars OR even buy a hybrid then we won't be SO dependent on the Arabs for oil.If ya do that then the U.S won't have any excuses for sticking their noses in the middleeast nations.We can let them fight amongst themselves.

4. Magnolia Fan

Magnolia Fan TRIBE Member

The thing that pisses ME off, is that an acquintance of mine, who knows NOTHING about politics OR history just watched that documentary. Then he started to talk to me about Sept 11th reguritating all the crap the media has said. I asked him to define terrorist. He said "Bin laden". I ask him what the difference between bin laden and Rumsfeld is, he says Bin laden kills innocent people. I said the US killed innocent people. Take a look around the world, through history, the US isn't innocent. Then, he fucking says I support bin laden. What the fuck is that? Just because I don't buy into the patriotic bullshit meant to fuel the war against brown people who have oil, I mean... terrorists... I support Bin Laden? Maybe I support peace. And maybe people who see something on tv shouldn't assume they know what the fuck their talking about.

5. Vidman

Vidman TRIBE Member

Ratings people, ratings.

We're currently in a ratings war. It's that time of year again.

(in Ontario.. dunno about the rest of em)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2002
  6. CC

CC TRIBE Member

i just wish no one had to die.

think of how much different the world could be if everyone just kept to themselves and didn't infringe upon others? wouldn't that be nice.... too much to ask for the western world i suppose.

i'm once again ashamed that our government supports this bullshit. our politicians are fuckin weak!!! when will they

to put this in perspective, we'll take three people; john, steve and bob. bob is about 300 pounds and he beats up steve everyday and steals his lunch money. then one day steve snaps and punches bob back. then bob, even though twice the size of steve, goes over to john and tells john that if he doesn't help him beat steve to death, that he'll beat john up too. in this scenario canada is john. shouldn't we turn around and say "no, i won't help you pick on other people"

i hope my example puts this into context.... don't let yourself be a sucker and buy into this crap!!!

Shawn

7. twist

twist TRIBE Member

8. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

let's face it, i'm as likely as anyone to go off on a rant at the first sign of more american propaganda bullshit, but the documentary was tastefully done and focused mostly on the lives of the firefighters in one firehouse and their experience and reaction to the tragedy. the posturing and the political posing was all but non existant. however, realistically, the documentary will, for some people, just stir up the war hawk flames that might have subsided slightly in the wake of the recent american casualties overseas. i sincerely hope that the tragedy is not used to prod the american people further into war.

9. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

After Sept 11, The Americans have every right to be fighting the taliban. Those people beliefs are fucked up and they wish set them upon others more then the americans. Sure the Americans have done a lot of bad things in the past but what the Al Quida network did on Sept 11 pushed it past the point.

I am fully behind the military being in Afganistan because they are not only doing it for themselves but for the people of afganistan also. There will be a lot of civilian casulties, but the afgan people know this is price they may have to pay in order to get their freedom back.

I don't agree with war but sometimes that may be the only alternative to take.

10. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

2800 people died at the WTC. That's a bad thing, yes. I feel for them.

But, why don't they take care of their own problems? Why do they not question their own fucked up existences?

There are 26,000 MURDERS EACH YEAR in the States. There are more prisoners in that country than in the rest of the whole world COMBINED.

Hey, 2800 is a fucking drop in the bucket compared to the social disorder of that fucked up country.

They've killed many, many, many more in other countries, and not been called terrorists.

Instead of $45 billion a year on the military, they should spend that same amount on fixing their fucked up country.

The leaders of that country are fucking retards.

11. g0nz0

g0nz0 TRIBE Member

apparently only Americans can kill Americans, all others are "terrorists"...

just my $0.02

z0- <<< no killing is acceptable!

12. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I too am suffering from 9/11 news coverage fatigue. It seems that it has turned into a goldmine for CNN/AOL-TIME WARNER.

13. bucky

bucky TRIBE Member

cuz yea we really love all the murders that happen in this country daily and then the packed prisons, its the american dream y0. and ya know we'll just let people fly planes into buildings and say "oh well, shit happens, let's forget that happened and just try to cut crime instead."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blah blah....

14. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

Idiot. Like the murder rate can be fixed with a large amount of money. You got any ideas on how to pacify thousands of inner city crack addicts? How about the gangs? How the hell will the government's spending of money solve these problems? Its like saying Canada can fix its climbing murder rate by giving everybody checks, rather than letting lovely people like convicted Tamil Tiger assassins into the country to start their own little turf wars.

:)d