1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Alleged 1980's hash dealer to replace crack-smoking Rob Ford in campaign for Toronto Mayor

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by cosmiK-Cat, Oct 25, 2010.

1. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

In a way, it's not that bad. Either candidate has their equal horror story. (smitherman because of McGuinty policies) pants never stood a chance. Maybe Rob Ford is what the city needs right now then.

he (ford) gets rid of bike lanes and apparently he's the worst thing that ever happened. According to numerous interviews from the annex on cbc last night.

His subway platform might be a bit suspect. We'll see. That's all I really am interested in, as a subway rider.

The only thing that resonates is privatizing services. might get a bit ugly.

2. erika

erika TRIBE Member

You're right about that. Joe Pants is a sweetie, but didn't stand much of a chance: he just doesn't have that take charge aura, despite being the only one with a platform that was credible in terms of $$.

Smitherman pissed me off to no end: going in I thought he was a viable centre-right reaction to the current regime alternative, and he did fuck all for forever. Then his "platform" seemed to be mostly reacting to whatever Ford said, slagging Joe Pants, and counting on his gayness and provincial contacts to let him coast through.

Oh well, 4 years of rehab then we're done. Hopefully.

3. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

the other problematic point is reduction of social programs. seniors, etc. to make his promised cuts.

so who the hell knows. But I'm hoping for a bit of what he's promising and a general kiboshing of the rest of the more right leaning measures by council. So it could work out.

that is all.

4. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

5. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

you *do* realize your town is now in for a world of hurt and ridicule, don't you?
    So ok then , suck it up, deal, and make many .gifs

6. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

there is no *rationalization* here
    You voted in a Retard

now make fun of it

7. Polymorph

Polymorph TRIBE Member

in fact, perhaps that's why this guy won!
    You TO types need something right now, to open-air Ridicule, Constantly, over and over again...
    and with this Ford guy? you got it.

8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Adam Vaughan won too. by a landslide. with taxpayer respect apparently is war on fun.

9. Give it time. I'm extremely confident he's going to pull some shit that will blow everyone's hair back in amazement.

10. Bacchus

Bacchus TRIBE Promoter

Correction: The suburbans voted in a Retard.

11. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

I just picture him in a cauldron with all these tribal types running around...

12. wayne kenoff

wayne kenoff TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

rob ford aka the Beast Rabban

13. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

I can imagine him floating around in the air with pussy zits all over his face, yes.

14. wakipaki

wakipaki TRIBE Member

have to jump in here, its a public role, where looks do matter, this is the face of our city, and the face of our city is a now a fat, ugly, biggot, who think toronto can't handle immigrants !

15. Bass-Invader

Bass-Invader TRIBE Member

i don't see why his weight is important when there are so many political statements which are just as abhorrent, and applicable.

16. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

I am still laughing at the effective simplicity of the thread title.

17. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

LOL, sure when you guys mess up blame the people outside the core.

50% of voters voted for him, as I said earlier you guys are the minority. A very vocal and a little less smug after the election but either way, still a minority.

The biggest complaint about Ford seems to be that he is a sweaty fat pig, followed by Biggot, Racist, Homophobe rolled into one. Bigomophobist.

The guy waltzes into office in Dec BTW so lets see what happens, this guy comes from a wealthy family, runs a successful business and has been on counsel for 10 or so years.

Yet he's a disaster for the city? The only issue I have with him is he needs to control the stupid comments otherwise I'd consider him qualified.

18. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

But this is politics, the same area that has spawned some some of the greatest caricatures of all time riffing on one physical trait or another. Locally, where would editorial cartoons be without Harris's nose or Preston Manning's ears?

I for one will not abandon the historically entrenched platform of petty ridicule.

Ho ye!

19. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

you obviously didn't see his celebration campaign, load of immigrants in the crowd, unless you think they were there for the free cake.

I'm not defending Ford but give the guy a chance and complain when he does something you don't like.

Thank god for Hazel, then again if she was a first time runner I'd be considered insane voting for a scenile 89 year old drunk. Yet she has been the best thing to ever happen to Mississauga

20. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

To be fair, with how long she's been in power in relative to the growth of that town, she's been the only thing to happen Mississauga.

21. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

holy fuck, what a bunch of fucking fatalist whiners up in here.

you guys should have voted for the winner, then you wouldn't be whining so much.

22. derek

derek TRIBE Member

i agree. although if the other 50% voted, i believe the outcome would have been different, but apathy is no excuse. ford did run a good campaign.

i do take issue with him being qualified though, in addition to stupid comments, he's proven him self to be immature in dealing with contentious issues, lacks the ability or intelligence to effectively communicate and work others, and i question his financial acumen in regards to managing a budget, particularly in regards to delivering on some of his 'promises'.

time will tell though. maybe i'll eat the words above four years from now, but i highly doubt it.

23. Spinsah

Spinsah TRIBE Member

I don't know if you've heard, Mingster, but we're all going to die.

24. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

wow. that's actually a great term for a disoriented hipster.

25. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

lol