Acid

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by ninja, Mar 12, 2002.

1. doodlebug

doodlebug TRIBE Member

yeah, I find it weird that more people were doing acid at parties when I started going, and now, I don't know of anyone EVER doing it. It's almost like it has vanished off the face of Toronto....

2. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

There's no buzz like it, and you can have the most fun......

Unfortunately they don't make em like they used to, unless you are lucky enough to find liquid.

Ah, the microdot days, why must I torment my stomach with saturated brown pieces of paper??:(

I don't do it much any more, but the occasional dabble is still in order, if the company is right!

:)d

3. Jazz

Jazz TRIBE Member

Never done acid at any parties, the thought of it is just a little overwhelming... seems like it could easily cause a bad trip, but also seems like a lot of you have done and had a good time...

curious, what are the best/worst places that you've done acid? indoors, outdoors, parties, etc?

4. swenard

swenard TRIBE Member

When I was in High school. Acid, was all anyone did on the weekends, But, not me. I always wanted to try it, and did, last summer. But, all I got was a mild shroom buzz that lasted about 3 hours. I would definetly like to try it again though. Its just hard to find.

5. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

Its around, in certain circles, but you're right - I remember at WEMF 1999 a guy we were with hates E and wanted me to find him some hits. I must have asked 50 people, to no avail...........

Finally a girl gave me a hit, and it was pretty dirty stuff.

Hehe - someone I know used to get South Park hits - Kenny, Cartman, the whole gang was emblazoned on the square!;)

Best ones I've done:

Mikes:

California Sunshines
    Double Blues
    Double Yellows
    Purple dots
    Cartoon (not me, but a friend sure had a blast on these ones!)
    Heads Falling Off - !!!

Blots:

GRATEFUL DEADS :D
    South Parks

Not a druggie, just experimental, I swear!;)

My best friend doesn't like me, cause I said that Hall and Oates sucked; Called them a bunch of faggots, she called me a stoner, a rocker, a loser, a druggie and a pill freak, She called me an acid head,

and I don't stand a chance, against Robbie Winter,
    Please don't wear his jacket, I hate you in that jacket......

6. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

Anywhere around "normal" people sucks.

Pete

7. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

8. BigBadBaldy

BigBadBaldy TRIBE Member

Now THAT'S crazy talk. WTF makes you think there is anything "normal" anywhere, or that YOU are "normal" for that matter?

Why the fuck would anyone want to be "normal"? (If such a thing existed.)

I think hard drugs or drugs in general are not beneficial or enjoyable for everyone. I happen to have a strong constitution when it comes to substances, and enjoy the fun and challenges and craziness that they can provide. Mind you, as the years pass I do harder drugs more and more rarely (once, twice a year minimum, 6 times MAX), but still enjoy bending my brain every now and then.

My message? It's simple, really. If you don't like them, don't do them.

BBB.

I'm on acid right now.

[​IMG]

9. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

LOL at Subsonic Chronic!

Best place: Middle of a forest with a full moon out up north - wolves howling, the whole bit. Wow. Actually, any outdoor event was pretty sweet.

Worst places: Any house party, any apartment, any crowded place. Also didn't have much fun at System on it - sweaty, claustrophobic and everyone was looking at me weirdly - why did I do that?;)

Oh yeah, was dragged there by a girlfriend of mine, against my better judgement.............

10. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Oh yeah...Techno Invasion in Guelph + Liquid Acid = Crazy

one badass party though. Never forget it.

11. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

the rules of taking ACID:
    (help me out here, if I forget anything!)

#1) Go into it with a positive mindset. If you're in a bad mood for what ever reason, that isn't the time to take it.

#2) The bottom line is - it's all in your head. That is your control. That little voice at the back of your head should click in to remind you if you start feeling uncomfortable.

#3) Acid makes you hyper-focus. THIS is what leads to paranoid thoughts. The TRUTH, is that your mind just needs another tangent to run on and you'll never (read: NEVER) have a bad trip. If you're weirded out for whatever reason, turn your head.

#4) Be open-minded. Acid takes your view of the world and slightly re-adjusts it. You will see things differently, more intricately and perhaps clearer. Not only about the world around you, but about yourself as well.

#5) Be prepared to be awake for at least 8 hrs. Not many people can sleep while on acid.

#6) Drink water....not because acid will dehydrate you, but because you can go off on a dancefloor like you're on speed.

#7) Acid is better when someone does it with you. It puts you on a different wavelength of communication than normal and it's comforting to know someone is on the same level as you. It's not worse on your own, just different and definitely for someone who has done it a number of times before.

#8) Do it with friends you feel comfortable with, not the friends who will find it entertaining to themselves to 'trip you out'.

#9) Laugh lots and have a good time.

12. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

To anyone on acid, this man looks perfectly NORMAL.

Pete

13. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

IMHO, outdoors > indoors. it's fantastic at parties, provided you pick the right party! for instance, i had it in montreal a couple of years ago at a goa/psy party. it was fantastic! in the other room, they were playing hardcore. not hullabaloo hardcore, but wicked evil hardcore (paul elstak was headlining). to quote a friend "there's nothing like pouring jet fuel on the fires of confusion!"

i suppose that my personal favourite trip scenario would be: outdoors at dusk, around a small fire with a few friends, near a country home. or at a cottage....

14. matty

matty TRIBE Member

we'll try eating this later, mmmmkay ;)

Glob is the best.

15. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Balzz, please tell me that's a recent pic. I haven't seen individually printed acid in a while.

@m.

16. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

great post hardtekfunk!

i didn't try acid til i was 25, and i was lucky enough to get some fantastic acid - just hanging out all night wandering through parks with 2 of my closest friends, laughing and joking are asses off and then having my brain split in half when seeing one of the most gorgeous sunrises ever.

i don't think i've ever done acid at a party, because when you're on acid you have a hard time relating to people not on acid - it just doesn't work - kinda like mushrooms.

acid isn't for everyone, like all drugs, but in moderation it can open lots of doors in your brain that would remain closed.

cheers,
    tommy

17. seeker

seeker TRIBE Member

totally agree with this one. psychedelics have a way of renderring communication null-and-void unless you're speaking to somebody else who's tripping.

case in point: in my previous post i mentioned hardcore in montreal. the worst thing about that night was being an anglo on acid surrounded by french-speaking hardcore-kids on jib.

18. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

Good points @m.

Your trip can totally depend on who your with, or where you are.

I would never take it with people I'm uncomfortable with....or a place where I didn't feel "safe"

19. tommysmalls

tommysmalls TRIBE Member

shane, tell me that is an old, OLD picture...actually no....tell me thats a very RECENT pic ;) :D

20. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

That's why I had a bad trip. I was surrounded by people on E, and I just couldn't relate to what any of them were feeling at the time.

;)

21. Balzz

Balzz TRIBE Member

It's a recent photo, but the subject is circa 1993. ;)

22. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, found this a while ago, its pretty accurate in parts though a little bit of a long read - I like Where's Harry?;):

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/9470/Lisa.html

Was going to post it all, but the board won't allow anything over 10000 characters!

23. dimpy

dimpy TRIBE Member

BigBadBaldy, i think that i teeter on the edge of normalcy (or so my friends say, but what do they know? :) ) in the first place and i happen to like it, or at least don't mind. the only thing is that i also like me- not that me today isn't different than me yesterday.

if it's right for you i'm all into experimentation and for me personally, i do think that my experimentation has paved the way for me to think differently.
    acid just seems to be one that i'm not ready yet and as strange as it sounds i feel that i have to grow more emotionally before i want to try. hopefully one day i'll be there.

24. [- FuNKtiOn -]

[- FuNKtiOn -] TRIBE Member

acid is one of those "once in a blue moon" type of things for me.
    I love it, but if you do it often it just loses its charm and makes the trip less satisfying and less educational.

I've only done acid once at a party and I felt more sober than I was when I walked into the party.
    but as soon as I walked outside after the party it kicked me in the ass.

I prefer acid in a house or outdoor based setting, with a small group of friends all also kooking on it.
    bike rides on acid are the best! its like an acid walk but so much faster!!!

Acid and K is so damn good though. it brings out the visuals and takes off the edgy-ness.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2002
  25. matty

matty TRIBE Member

You should look VERY closely at that picture...