A question for the Kitchener/Waterloo massive

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Nebu kad, Jan 25, 2002.

1. KiX

KiX TRIBE Member

It's possible... [​IMG]

=tina=

2. Nub!

Nub! TRIBE Member

The Purple room is my personal favorite. Matlock always lays down a nice hard hitting set. Issac S. is alright as well. I've had some crazy days since turning 19 and going there on my birthday 2 years ago... Crazy times indeed [​IMG]

-=Nub=-

3. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

Why ya movin to K-W? I'm trying to get outta here and move to Toronto! [​IMG]

4. T_Dot_House

T_Dot_House TRIBE Member

By the way Nub.. Its MattLok, not Matlock! His name is really Matthew Lok [​IMG]

5. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

in about a month i make my return to the purple room

abstract was fun when they had good nights...years ago. have no idea what they're doing now. meh.

theres a nice jazz bar in waterloo ive been meaning to check out...

as for chaos
    would matrix = chaos?
    never been to either...just heard of matrix being some club on the downlow as well.

p[l]a+0 <-- IneeDs for deep dish. [​IMG] anyone know someone!? [​IMG]

6. Brandon

Brandon TRIBE Member

I personally can't stand the Purple Room, only because it feels like a stupid sideshow for the rest of the Revolution...I go for the Speed night and that's about it.

I really enjoy Lee and Darryl's night at Jane Bond. Jane Bond makes some of the best vegetarian pizza and bruschetta around, and the good food combined with good beats makes for a fun evening.

I try to go to as many parties in KW as I can, which isn't usually a whole lot (unless you count last weekend).

When I was in school it was all about Abstract on Thursdays and then later Van Gogh's Ear in Guelph. But even back then there were fairly regular parties happening all over town.

7. loopdokter

loopdokter TRIBE Promoter

I think K-Town is going to make a resurgance soon.

This whole Deep Dish thing is a good thing. Rev gets 3 Benson and Hedges events each year out of this and you can bet they'll be HUGE.

I'm also starting to think I may get my hands back into promoting. The problem with this town is it bores quickly and people don't show up and support on a consistant basis. Somehow I have a feeling this is changing though as more of the younger people coming to this town for school are more educated on electronic music.

Anyway, if anyone has some suggestions for venues, please email me at slamwerks@hotmail.com

It's been years since I threw my last Slamwerks shindig!

Cheers,
    Jay

8. Vidman

Vidman TRIBE Member

There was a murder in the King Centre parking garage last night.

There are a tonne of cops around there. They have the whole block taped off. They're searching the area for a weapon & evidence.

They won't tell us (ckco) anything.. but it's so obvious a body was found.

9. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

thats your weakly news update!?
    weak man,
    boo-urns!

give us more info!!!

p[l]a+0

10. Vidman

Vidman TRIBE Member

Maybe it wasn't a murder.. but someone got stabbed or something. Forensic ID is at the hospital, so maybe the victim's living.