800,000 in march so far - admin stuff

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Mar 6, 2002.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

traffic
    The board software seems to be able to cope with the re-loads. So far in March we have served over 800,000 pages. And its only the 6th!

dude, we're getting a dell
    The server is being built right now and they say it will be ready at the end of the week. It will probably take another week to configure it and get it installed in our SP's rack. It will be interesting to see board speed will be increased.

linux help needed to configure the server!!! send me an email!

2. Plato

Plato TRIBE Member

if speed is increased can we put ratings back up :)
    and the member list :)

and maybe inscrease the size of allowable file to be attached to threads to maybe say...500 kb's :)

p[l]a+0 <--i'm old! gimme gimme gimme!

3. poker face

poker face TRIBE Member

4. Swamper

Swamper TRIBE Member

You got a DELL from tera-byte or you are switching webhosts?

I'd be curious to know the server specs you're getting - I'd hope at least 1 gig of ram and 833+Mhz processor....

5. alexd

Dell is building the server to my spex. Tera-byte could have done it, but they would have charged a lot more to do it.

As for hosting, tera-byte has been pretty good, but a local TO company has approached us about co-locating. They already co-some "telepersonals" companies so they can deal with usage spikes I think. I am still deciding.

2 x PIII tualatin/xeon 1.26 ghz with 512 L2 cache
    1 gig of ram
    15,000 rpm SCSI drive

1U rack case

6. alexd

nice realistic dropshadow on the tumbleweed

7. LoopeD

LoopeD Well-Known Member

This link is to a thread on one of my computer wally boards - vast source of Linux info:

http://forums.speedguide.net/showthread.php?threadid=64454

:)d

8. Swamper

Swamper TRIBE Member

Crazy... I hope the price isn't overkill...

In terms of optimization you won't need to do too much... with those specs you can handle 1000+ users simultaneously without the server feeling a thing.

9. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I thought this thread was going to be about 800,000 chicks or something. Yet all I find is talk about floppy disks, double clicking mouses and hard-drives.

jeremy -very disappointing- jive