1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

407 ETR A-holes

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by daddyiwantchocolate, Aug 26, 2005.

1. daddyiwantchocolate

daddyiwantchocolate TRIBE Member

Anyone else hate this piece of shit organization as much as I do?

Their processes are fucked, and I want someone to launch their whole operation into the sun.

p.s. Anyone here work for them?

2. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I've used it several times in the past year and haven't got one bill from them yet. I'm starting to worry that one day, ten years down the road, I'm going to get my bills plus interest and owe them five Gs. Or have I managed to slip under the radar? I don't want to call and alert them to the fact I owe money.

Piece of shit organization, indeed.

3. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

haha. I hate it

No Transponder... ok, that'll be 1$ for getting on, 7$ for using the highway, 1$ to get off, and the 8$ for the Video of your liscense plate.

WHAT?!!!?@!

4. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

Fuckers
    Fucking Fuckers
    Stupid Fucking Capitalist Fuckers
    Fuck I hate those Fucking Fuckers, they Fucken piss me right the Fuck off.
    Fuck them in the A-Hole
    FUCK

fuck

f this shit...

(I'm going to end up on teh 407 tomorrow... grrrrr)

5. mingster

mingster TRIBE Member

...and want to walk right into the lion's den? ;)

6. *SiLver*RoBoT*

*SiLver*RoBoT* TRIBE Member

I've never experienced any problems with them. I've had a couple times where my transponder didn't beep, and called them up later and made sure I wasn't charged the outrageous non-transponder fee.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

7. kuba

kuba TRIBE Member

Get a transponder, problem solved.

kmac; I'd probably call today rather than wait and wait til that day comes, and you know it will.

8. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

I figured as much. Thanks Jake.

*kicks dirt*

9. The Tesseract

The Tesseract TRIBE Member

Nope... cause the transponder isn't always 100%

My dad gets hit randomly with video toll charges, even though he's got a transponder.

The solution is clear... don't use the 407.

10. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

the funny thing about this highway is that we paid for it, then it was sold to an international group who jacks us for using it.

we so no return on this investment and the dollars don't even stay in Canada.

I wish the terrorists would bomb it to bits

Kyfe

11. BayStreetBoi

BayStreetBoi TRIBE Member

The highway was built at a cost of $1.6 billion in 1997 and sold for $3.1 billion in 1999. That's not such a bad return.

And while there are foreign companies that own it, one of the owners is SNC-Lavalin, a Canadian company.

12. daddyiwantchocolate

Let me enlighten you, since this is what happened to me.
    I'm using someone else's transponder* and one day in April I didn't hear it beep as I got off the 407 @ the 427.

So I figured, well maybe it worked and I just didn't hear it beep.

Nothing in the mail.

Nothing.

Nooooothiiiiiiiing.

Then BLAMMO, my Dad e-mails me with some bill that he finally opened (it was being sent to their house since April) that started with the garbage "photo charge" and whatever other bullshit administration charges, so I owed something like $12.

But of course those fucks couldn't fucking look me up in the MTO (I had moved) for that fucked "administration charge" so they just kept billing my old address.

Now my bill is $27+ and they're telling me that "it's written clearly on the bill that if you move, you have to call us".

So, I had the fucking bill in .pdf and I said "I'm reading the bill right now, and it's nowhere on there"

She said "yes it is".

I said, "no it's not, and if you give me your e-mail address, I can forward it to you to point that out to you".

So she refuses to give me her e-mail address.

So I access my Dad's directory (because his company has something to do with these fucks) and ask her for her first name (which was unusual).

She gives it to me, but tells me I won't be able to e-mail her and stops short when I say her first name and last name, and ask "so your boss is <name>?"

So fucking frustrating.
    I said, I'll call <boss name> back when you've had a chance to read the bill, just to clarify, there's NOTHING on it relating to moving. Thanks.

*when I told her I was using someone else's transponder she told me I wasn't "allowed" to do that. Whatever, make me stop.

13. Adam

Adam TRIBE Member

Wow, I'm totally never fucking with an HR person.

14. daddyiwantchocolate

You could fuck with me as much as you want Adam!

*pet pet*

15. Littlest Hobo

Littlest Hobo TRIBE Member

The 407 is not even worth taking (at least for me).

In rush hour, when the 401 is busy, the fucking 407 is busy too. And you're paying for the priviledge of sitting in traffic.

In non-rush hour, the 407 is a giant speed trap, a cash cow for the OPP.

16. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

yea. SNC is the shit.

*jokes*

17. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

oh yea.

and fuck those fuckers Val.

18. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I stand corrected

19. Adam

Adam TRIBE Member

I like how Val kept the title of the thread clean but then swore 17 times during the actual post.

20. MissBlu

MissBlu TRIBE Member

I enjoy the 407... For someone driving from Kitchener to the north side of Toronto it makes a huge difference...

They are privately owned, so thats why they dont get address changes from the MTO....

We should be thankful that we have a choice to use a toll highway, becuase it the states you dont...

Id rather drive my car along the 407 rather than some of those shitty locations on the 401 that are torn up all the time....

21. derek

derek TRIBE Member

worst customer relations ever.

when i had a car they kept sending my bill to the wrong addy (their fault), and still expected me to pay the $40.00 late payment admin fee.

asshores.

22. Subsonic Chronic

Subsonic Chronic TRIBE Member

By many estimates this was barely half it's net worth.

23. gak

gak TRIBE Member

...if you recall when Daulton came into power he tried to freeze rates on the 407...the group of European (Spanish I believe) companies that own a large chunk of it threatened to go to their EU gov't to place trade sanctions on Canada if the freezes were imposed (saying it was unfair trade practises)...

I think Mike Harris sold us out...if it continued to be run by the MTO at least the money Ontarians spend on it stays in the Public Coffers instead of going overseas...

24. LeoGirl

LeoGirl TRIBE Member

hey maybe we should blow it up.

show those bastards what we REALLY think of them.

25. Flashy_McFlash

Flashy_McFlash Well-Known TRIBEr

Does anyone know what sort of pics they take in order to see your license plate (if you don't have a transponder)?

I got a bill from the ETR for the license plate on my old car, which was stolen, during the time it was stolen! Fucking teeves trying to squeeze even more dough out of me!

Anyways, I want to know if they have a pic of the teeves in the car or just the plate. Yes, I already took this info to Babylon. Man, if this was CSI they'd be zooming in and enhancing that pic like there was no tomorrow.