40 days & 40 nights..

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by Adam Duke, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

Sex, sex, sex!! Is that all you guys think about??

By the way, i had a great time at the movie. For the genre it is, it was totally fun and rather entertaining. I totally recommend it!

@m.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]
    Is a good reason to see this flick!! SO HOT!!!

for the girls there's the pretty boy with the uni-brow too.

3. PosTMOd

PosTMOd Well-Known Member

I am too.

I'll place bets on medication ;)

SSRIs... antihypertensives...

Pituitary problems...

Really, there are a whole bunch of ways to have such "will power".

4. InFa

InFa TRIBE Member

drew.

5. Adam Duke

Adam Duke TRIBE Member

I agree, Keith!

The female love interest in this movie is DAMN fine...
    Funky & original!

@m.

6. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

InFa,

when you say that you realize 'how much was lost on both sides', do you mean that the physical aspect of your relationships took away from the other parts of your relationships?

do you believe that the only fulfilling sexual relationship can be one between two married people?

(on the flipside:)
    do you think that 2 mature, well adjusted people who care for one another can share intimacy and not 'lose so much'?

and on the subject of children, of course you don't want to actually think about your own kids having sex or masturbating... but there are TONS of things that your children will do that you dont actually want to think about.
    you don't want to think about your kids taking a poo, you dont want to think of your kid going up to the front of the class to make a presentation and totally drawing a blank, you dont want to think about the first time that the kid gets made fun of on the playground...
    but all these things are going to happen.

how does your decision to never masturbate preclude your own child from discovering what it feels like to pleasure him/herself?

*i apologize if any of this seems argumentative or judgemental, i am just trying to understand your position*

7. InFa

InFa TRIBE Member

Why are you apologizing? I'm only sharing. I know that most people do not understand. I'm writing this for those who do.

*the door is narrow and only a few will find it.*

8. Jeremy Jive

Jeremy Jive TRIBE Member

I have never seem or heard my parents doing it but I've found their condoms once. I was looking for my dads walkman. Instead I found condoms. They were open and half gone. I was traumatized.

However, one time I went to Cleveland to visit a friend. We were watching tv with his sister and John went upstairs to ask his dad for money to buy a pizza. He came back down white as a ghost and looking like he was going to hurl. He just stared blankly at the tv and said nothing. He wouldn't talk. About five minutes later his dad came down and gave us money and told us to take the car out for a while. In the car John told us that he walked right in the room and next to the bed before he realized what was actually going on.

jeremy -I laughed, john's sister laughed, john sobbed- jive

9. Booty Bits

Booty Bits TRIBE Member

okay InFa,
    so why do you believe that masturbation et al IS harmful?

what is it about it that makes you abstain?

do you think its sinful?

10. patio-d

patio-d TRIBE Member

best line of the day.

11. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Pfft. Then what fun would that be to not make out at a film about celibacy?

Well, looks like Keith beat me to it. Lick him for me, Keith. Thanks.

12. InFa

InFa TRIBE Member

Yes.

There ya go. Pat answers. But since, I assume, you do not believe God then I will share what *I think* not just what *God says*.

It has always been my thinking that a sexual relationship is best when shared between two people who care and are commited to the relationship. For a number of reasons: 1. Disease 2. Chance of Pregnancy...the number of kids born to single mothers is very SCARY. 3. The commitment to love should not be for only one night or one week, or one year... you get the idea. 4. Once something has been shared too much it begins to lose it's value. 5. Women need to be treated with the proper respect.

This is what I have always known. I guess it is the way I was raised (by very non-believers).

Some things I think about masturbation... I used to do it alot. Then (before I became a christian) I thought it was a pretty sad thing for me to do and something I needed to cut back on.
    There are reasons why things are the way they are... the things we know we should stop doing but we just can't. You can label them sinful or whatever it doesn't matter really... all I can say now is that If I went back, then I would be putting my life in jeopardy. Call it sin or whatever you want to. Sin = no God...

If this goes any further we are going to have to start another thread you know Booty Bits. :)

13. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

why is it a sin?

14. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

1. condoms.
    2. birth control.
    3. we're not talking about love, we're talking about sex.
    4. what a bizarre statement. if you share a book, does it lose its value? if you share a recipe, does it lose its value? if you share love with every member of your family and all your friends, does it lose its value? garbage.
    5. i'm currently engaging in loads of lovely sinful premarital sex all over the place, and the person i'm engaging in it with has treated me with nothing but respect.

i have no patience whatsoever with religious bullshit that alienates young people from their own goddamn bodies, and tells them that utterly harmless and beneficial acts like masturbation is a sin. it does nothing but confuse and shame people and it sucks. my mum was raised as a catholic, and grew up with all these bullshit notions drilled into her. she made a huge effort not to pass that along to me (after having sex anyway, and giving birth to me, unmarried at the age of 17), and i'm very grateful for it.

i'm not attacking your personal decision to abstain from sex, that's your business. but this whole chastity/born again virgin movement that is going on right now to try to fucking RECRUIT VIRGINS makes me want to vomit.

15. InFa

InFa TRIBE Member

IMO see the reasons above... but that's just my experience may be true maybe not.

This is a very open question. The answers are too deep for me but here's some thoughts:

Conscience?
    Addiction?
    Harmful?
    It's hard to talk to our mom's about it?
    God says so?
    Adam ate the apple? (see conscience)
    We are not perfect?

All of these are the right answer to a degree. But like I already said...sin = death

16. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

sin = death eh?

wow.

17. InFa

InFa TRIBE Member

Like I said, I'm not asking you to agree... I'm only sharing, somebody asked me a question and I answered it... were you waiting for me to answer so you could vent on me? I live my life. You live yours. If the way I live bothers you because it's not the way most people do then too bad. Also my answers from the first part were how I felt before I became a Christian... I just wasn't really holding true to it. But just on a reasoning note:

1 and 2.
    Think of the reasons why birth control and condoms were invented. A truth is true even for those who do not have access to or can not afford the said profelactics (sp).

3. I refuse to seperate love and sex. Even if you decide to.

4. I can't think of any deragatory names for people who share good books... I guess I was just sharing my opinion. I suppose it doesn't lose it's value... that's why women don't really care who they lose their virginity to. :rolleyes:

5. your lucky, maybe you should get married.

Andrew.

18. Cheer Bear

Cheer Bear TRIBE Member

if that's the case....hop in! i'm driving the bus to hell!

19. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

ahhh janie ... this is why we should make babies =]

InFa, religion is thousands of years old. Do you not think its rather silly to make decisions that are based on the uneducated opinions of someone who lived a few thousand years back?

Science has identified animals who self-stimulate. Science has identified that sexually active animals live longer. Science has identified that sexually active humans are happier, because their biological needs have been taken care off (as far as the body is concerned, at least).

If religion is not evolving with the rest of humanity, it's a good sign that it has outgrown its purpose. Its really shitty to see that bad experiences in your life have sent you back in time and progress. God bless.

20. janiecakes

janiecakes TRIBE Member

i'm not venting on your personally, i've had quite a bit of personal experience with that ridiculous chastity movement and its silly little pro life youth group offshoots, and it pisses me off.

for anyone who doesn't already know this, if you find the prices for birth control too steep, tons of clinics give out free condoms and lube (hassle free clinic, bay birth control centre, etc) and so does TRIP.

and i happened to have cared a great deal about who i lost my virginity to. not only christians think about the consequences of the choices they make in their sex lives.

i should get married? hahaha

*pat pat*

21. t-boy

t-boy TRIBE Member

after actually reading this whole thread (as opposed to the last few posts), i see a buncha people going "eww yucK" i saw my mom having sex/masturbating, yada yada..

look, i saw my parents have sex when i was like 10 or something... and somehow, i haven't self-imposed the trauma you all seemed to receive. What is so disgusting in seeing your close ones have sex? And don't give me that "well.. its just YOUR MOM! LIke ewww" response.. it has no reason, just a conditioned little-kid response.

My mom has walked in numerous times on me playing with myself (the concept of KNOCKING on a closed room door just doesn't get through her head).. and yes it was embarassing at first, but when I thought about it, hell she's the one who's invading my privacy, and I'm not doing anything wrong. And guess what? All trauma gone.

Maybe I'm just an oddball, or crazy.. but whatever it is that's "wrong" with me, I hope it never goes away.

Its so frustrating to see people self-impose limitations on their actions, thoughts and mental states. Why are so many people so uptight?

In my opinion, any action or thought is beneficial, as long as its not harming anyone in the process, and as long as it is a choice of the person/people involved.

Conditioning your mind to have aversive feelings towards things that are beneficial is totally self-limiting. Now, obvioulsy all of us are conditioned by others around us, so we aren't responsible for our negative childhood conditioning. But once we recognize that something is good for us, we can, with time, change our reactions and feelings to that of our opinions.

So what I'm saying is... stop fooling yourself. Replaying those images of your parents having sex is really not as traumatic as you think. Let your mind run wild, it might come up with interesting (and often hilarious) images and scenarios.

22. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

I don't know if I want to touch this thread.

I think I'll just stick with touching myself.

23. MoFo

MoFo TRIBE Member

Simple question InFa, how do you get off when you need to?
    Don't you ever have sexual urges? Or do you consider holding back from touching yourself a display of self-restraint leading to self-respect (and possibly an acknowledgement of God in yourself?)?

24. Guest

Guest Guest

On a side note....hardtentfuck was a perfect gentlemen yesterday, though he was busy with a mouth full of meat.

25. Rosey

Rosey TRIBE Member

infa, you have a very fucked up view of what sin is.

first off, dogmatically, sin is that which removes you from the virtuous.

secondly, the pope has proclaimed, officially, that masturbation is no longer considered sinful. but i gather that you are 'christian' and not catholic.

i want you to know that i think you are genuinely insane (and ignorant) and that this is the last time i will ever respond to anything you say. people like you are monsters. you're destroying the earth and ruining humanity.

did you see that picture on the front of one of the papers today of the hindu rioter in india where 80 muslims were burned in their homes? to me, you are different from them only in method.

<edited for spelling and grammar>

Last edited: Mar 1, 2002