TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
deal, but then as a consquence you have to do my chest/tris workout
No good can come from this. LOL
Balzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #1427
TRIBE Promoter

First day on the Creatine. Ended up picking a complete stacker, Superpump 250. Not CEE. Guy told me it was..:\ I'm still very impressed with the results though.

Holy Crap.

From the moment I Stepped on the eliptical to do my warmup and my heart was already 125 - i knew this was gonna be a crazy workout.

Added 50lbs to dead lift. Easily.

Increased weight all around. I'm still wired.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #1428
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
First day on the Creatine. Ended up picking a complete stacker, Superpump 250. Not CEE. Guy told me it was..:\ I'm still very impressed with the results though.

Holy Crap.

From the moment I Stepped on the eliptical to do my warmup and my heart was already 125 - i knew this was gonna be a crazy workout.

Added 50lbs to dead lift. Easily.

Increased weight all around. I'm still wired.
That sounds like more than Creatine, what else was in there?
sheik rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #1429
TRIBE Member

Superpump is a NO2 / pre-workout drink. Along with better "pumps" I found I was more focused and eager to do my work out.

What flavour did you get for the SP250?

As far as the creatine , Sizeon (also made by Gaspari) stacks well with superpump as a Intra / post workout. I found it helps if your body does not recover so good compared to just straight creatine monohydrate. Everyone is different though.

Jay
xtcfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:12 AM   #1430
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik rock View Post

humm yeah creatine is postworkout ......
junglisthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:31 AM   #1431
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtcfreak View Post
Superpump is a NO2 / pre-workout drink. Along with better "pumps" I found I was more focused and eager to do my work out.

What flavour did you get for the SP250?

As far as the creatine , Sizeon (also made by Gaspari) stacks well with superpump as a Intra / post workout. I found it helps if your body does not recover so good compared to just straight creatine monohydrate. Everyone is different though.

Jay
"Electric Blueberry"

taste like a blue freezy.

Yeah, superpump is an n02, but it's also got creatine monohydrate. I really wanted some form of creatine as a supliment. Was gonna pick up the XPand, but popeyes guys called it outdated and said they don't stock it anymore. It was between this and the BSN noexplode, and i went for this.

I was soo pumped to work out. i've a chest and a arm session tomorrow morning, and i'm stoked for that even more now
Old 04-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #1432
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik rock View Post
Old 04-18-2009, 12:41 AM   #1433
TRIBE Promoter

i've also put onn almost 1 kilo in the past day.

could that be the creatine holding water?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #1434
TRIBE Promoter

Did a routine with a friend today at his Condo's Gym. he's got a trainer that comes in and works him, and i kinda piggybacked.

It was definitely intense, but I'm still not sure what I thought about it.

His "recoveries" included things like crunches, and pushups. I felt like my heart rate was waaay to high the whole workout. defintely not what i'm use to (compared to the 45-60 second recoveries between sets).

But, he definitely pushed my limits. I benched reps of 135, which is 20 more then I've ever repped.. I feel like the most i took out of it was learning proper form. I was doing things like DB rows with piss poor form, and now find them much harder with the right form.

I almost puked a few times.

im not as sore as i usually am coming out of the gym. not sure if it's the workout of the superpump i took before - but i guess i'll see tomorrow.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:37 PM   #1435
TRIBE Member

So i cut my finger last friday while I was sharpening my knife and I gashed myself really deep on my ring finger. probably should have gotten stitches, but I was able to seal it so it could clot(t?) long enough to seal.

missed out on the gym the past 3 days (thankfully 2 were rest days) and hit chest today, but tried not to put *any* pressure on the ring finger or use it in any way.

Taped it up and it held up really well. Didn't split or anything and even got out a REALLY good chest workout today. I think I gotta skip back and arms for a week if I want it to heal properly.
the_fornicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:32 PM   #1436
TRIBE Member

i hate taking weeks off ! is it next monday yet ?

should be feeling warm worked out muscles in my shoulder region but noooo... its the week to have off SOB !!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #1437
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Did a routine with a friend today at his Condo's Gym. he's got a trainer that comes in and works him, and i kinda piggybacked.

It was definitely intense, but I'm still not sure what I thought about it.

His "recoveries" included things like crunches, and pushups. I felt like my heart rate was waaay to high the whole workout. defintely not what i'm use to (compared to the 45-60 second recoveries between sets).

But, he definitely pushed my limits. I benched reps of 135, which is 20 more then I've ever repped.. I feel like the most i took out of it was learning proper form. I was doing things like DB rows with piss poor form, and now find them much harder with the right form.

I almost puked a few times.

im not as sore as i usually am coming out of the gym. not sure if it's the workout of the superpump i took before - but i guess i'll see tomorrow.
feels good eh! i do plyometric exercises during some of my recoveries. keeps the heart rate up, and burns more calories. helps with endurance too. try 30 knee tuck jumps right after a set of squats.
derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #1438
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
feels good eh! i do plyometric exercises during some of my recoveries. keeps the heart rate up, and burns more calories. helps with endurance too. try 30 knee tuck jumps right after a set of squats.
Felt SPENT after, but it didn't burn the next day. I didn't feel like i worked those muscles the day before.

No pumps during the workout, except for my second set of pull ups.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #1439
TRIBE Member

Quote:
try 30 knee tuck jumps right after a set of squats.
I can barely walk after 300 rep squats!
Old 04-21-2009, 01:18 AM   #1440
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
I can barely walk after 300 rep squats!
btw that just f'n blows my mind !

this sounds creeper but was thinking of what you do, when i was last doing leg day and i just cant f'n believe it whatsoever

buddy of mine shook his head in disbelief when i told him
Old 04-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #1441
TRIBE Member

It really sounds more impressive than it is. You'll surprise yourself if you try it. Also, I think switching to high volume actually increased my strength too. Hit a front squat PR even while in caloric deficit.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #1442
TRIBE Member

Im going to give it a try on Thursday, sounds killer!
ChrisD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #1443
TRIBE Member

Quote:
Felt SPENT after, but it didn't burn the next day. I didn't feel like i worked those muscles the day before.

No pumps during the workout, except for my second set of pull ups.
actually to prevent latic acid build up, after a workout 20 minutes of light cardio will do the trick. or you do some light stretches or plyometrics between sets. personally, when i'm strength training, i don't have 20 minutes to spare at the end of my work out, so i do some exercises between. i still run 2 / 3 times a week though, but it's outdoors.

lol @ balzz....i'd imagine that it's not necessary to incorporate plyo in-between 300 reps. although some light cardio at the end will help prevent stiffness/soreness the next day. given your stance on cardio though, i don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #1444
TRIBE Member

DOMS used to be directly associated to lactic acid build up.

not anymore apparently.

*shrug* I checked it out on bodybuilding.com
the_fornicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #1445
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
actually to prevent latic acid build up, after a workout 20 minutes of light cardio will do the trick. or you do some light stretches or plyometrics between sets. personally, when i'm strength training, i don't have 20 minutes to spare at the end of my work out, so i do some exercises between. i still run 2 / 3 times a week though, but it's outdoors.
I don't think many ectomorphs trying to bulk up are doing cardio in between sets or for 20 minutes after sets....it's already hard enough for me to put on weight ('i've been eating over 3500 calories for 4 weeks now...over 4000 for two weeks...and i've put on *maybe* 4 lbs total....

During my recovery, i'm not sitting there reading old flex mags.... I *ALWAYS* stretch between exercises.

I'm trying to bulk right now - and i've really lowered the sets and increased the weight on all my exercises. Being used to that type of workout, and then doing 1.5 hours of work without ever letting my heart rest felt hard on me. Like i said, i was more tired then soar from lifting.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #1446
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fornicator View Post
DOMS used to be directly associated to lactic acid build up.

not anymore apparently.

*shrug* I checked it out on bodybuilding.com
i've read the same recently.

Lactic acid dissapates within few hours after a workout - so the pain you're getting days after is not from lactic acid.

But when i said "hurt" or "felt it' - i meant the tight feeling achieved after you get the pump
Old 04-21-2009, 02:30 PM   #1447
TRIBE Member

Quote:
it's already hard enough for me to put on weight ('i've been eating over 3500 calories for 4 weeks now...over 4000 for two weeks...and i've put on *maybe* 4 lbs total....
That's actually respectable, so long as its lean muscle.
R4V4G3D_SKU11S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #1448
TRIBE Member

Quote:
I don't think many ectomorphs trying to bulk up are doing cardio in between sets or for 20 minutes after sets....it's already hard enough for me to put on weight ('i've been eating over 3500 calories for 4 weeks now...over 4000 for two weeks...and i've put on *maybe* 4 lbs total....

During my recovery, i'm not sitting there reading old flex mags.... I *ALWAYS* stretch between exercises.

I'm trying to bulk right now - and i've really lowered the sets and increased the weight on all my exercises. Being used to that type of workout, and then doing 1.5 hours of work without ever letting my heart rest felt hard on me. Like i said, i was more tired then soar from lifting.
when i say light, i mean light. this 20 minutes of cardio (probably shouldn't even call it cardio)will not burn much calories . it just helps prevent the soreness (lactic acid / doms / blue balls, etc, whatever you want to call it)

i'm actually pretty lucky, even after heavy lifiting segments i rarely suffer the next day (perhaps a little sore, but nothing to write about). i also practice yoga though, and that probably says it all.

if you're aiming for muscular hypertrophy, i'm not certain lowering your sets and increasing the weight will help you bulk as much. what you describing to me sounds like a set you'd design to increase strength, not size (i do powerlifting routines on occasion 3 sets, 5 reps, heavey weight, to build overal strength) generally, for hypertrophy your looking at 3 to 5 sets (4 seems to be what most use), with enough weight to do between 10 and 12 reps. you can increase the weight each set, but you want to be able to get at least 8 reps.

and 4lbs is pretty good muscle gain over 2 weeks.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #1449
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4V4G3D_SKU11S View Post
That's actually respectable, so long as its lean muscle.
it looks it.

i bloated around the waist a bit originally with the increase in calories.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #1450
TRIBE Promoter

Quote:
when i say light, i mean light. this 20 minutes of cardio (probably shouldn't even call it cardio)will not burn much calories . it just helps prevent the soreness (lactic acid / doms / blue balls, etc, whatever you want to call it)

i'm actually pretty lucky, even after heavy lifiting segments i rarely suffer the next day (perhaps a little sore, but nothing to write about). i also practice yoga though, and that probably says it all.

if you're aiming for muscular hypertrophy, i'm not certain lowering your sets and increasing the weight will help you bulk as much. what you describing to me sounds like a set you'd design to increase strength, not size (i do powerlifting routines on occasion 3 sets, 5 reps, heavey weight, to build overal strength) generally, for hypertrophy your looking at 3 to 5 sets (4 seems to be what most use), with enough weight to do between 10 and 12 reps. you can increase the weight each set, but you want to be able to get at least 8 reps.

and 4lbs is pretty good muscle gain over 2 weeks.
yeah, i gotchya. a "cool down" run is what we used to call it in track. I've also been doing yoga before bed, and when i wake up. it's given me such a huuuuge awareness of my balance not only when i walk - but when i'm lifting weights.

I *was* doing 5-6 sets pyramid styles until last week (i've only started on mass increase in weight and down to 4 sets last tuesday). I was doing 12-10-8-6 and then a drop set or two at 10 & 12. I did that for three weeks and just couldn't seem to get over road blocks in my lifting - and wasn't putting on much. And that's why i cut it down by two set. I'm doing at least 4 sets now, doing 4-8 reps.

4lbs is really good over 2 weeks, but it's been over 4 now...so it's still definitely respectible.